Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryse official last thoughts

+5
Atrum
S7 Coolhand
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 Sticky
Evol Recovery
9 posters

Go down

Ryse official last thoughts  Empty Ryse official last thoughts

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:02 am

I have completed the campaign early this morning. It is a game that starts off a bit weak. You get your fighting mechanics down and by the second mission I thought to myself, well this was a waste of money. I was wrong.
The game is much better then what the reviews were giving it. Once you get past the combat is what it is the game is actually really good.
A+ story
A+ acting
A+ visuals, easily the best looking game on console right now.
Epic scripted moments keep you hooked.
Now do I think it is worth $60? Yes and no. I personally don't regret buying it, but the campaign is short. So I would recommend playing it in the hardest difficulty.
The game overall is a solid B rating in my opinion and I do recommend it. It is an adventure that I won't forget anytime soon and I am excited for ryse 2.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Ryse official last thoughts  Empty Re: Ryse official last thoughts

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:47 am

Evol Recovery wrote:I have completed the campaign early this morning. It is a game that starts off a bit weak. You get your fighting mechanics down and by the second mission I thought to myself, well this was a waste of money. I was wrong.
The game is much better then what the reviews were giving it. Once you get past the combat is what it is the game is actually really good.
A+ story
A+ acting
A+ visuals, easily the best looking game on console right now.
Epic scripted moments keep you hooked.
Now do I think it is worth $60? Yes and no. I personally don't regret buying it, but the campaign is short. So I would recommend playing it in the hardest difficulty.
The game overall is a solid B rating in my opinion and I do recommend it. It is an adventure that I won't forget anytime soon and I am excited for ryse 2.

not to bad at all i was playing on getting this day 1 but  after all the reviews i was like ill pass but now i might go rent it and power past it  sounds like a solid game
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Yeah, I wonder if all the reviewers actually played the whole game before giving their opinions. I would rent it to have the experience, not much replay value after completing it.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:24 pm

I beat it twice and took the time to all but the multiplayer achievements.  This is a game well worth playing.  I recommend renting or borrowing and binging out.  If you buy it you will probably end up wanting to sell it back eventually, and better sooner than later while it still has top value.  The story is very good but fairly short.  Play this game.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Awesome, I was on the fence about this one, I'll be getting it now for sure.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 am

I was pleasantly surprised. This is a solid game, and very fun, not to mention the visuals are truly "next gen" (then again, it's Crytek and I wouldn't expect anything else on the graphics side). I don't know why this is getting all the poor reviews, as the only thing I would have knocked it for was being so short for my $60 if I had outright bought it. The game play could get repetitive if it was much longer, and it could have used a few different character models, but it was still a really fun game. Plus, you can blast through it on a weekend for a change of pace.

I even liked the Kinect integration, which was shouting out orders to your troops as a commander. So when you are in the heat of battle, trying to pull of combos and precisely timed button presses, you only have to shout "cover me" or "fire volley (of arrows)" and the battle rages on. 

This is the definition of a "renter", as you really pick it up and blast through it in 2 or 3 days and then move on to something else.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:59 am

I finally got around to beating this last night. This certainly wouldn't be a short game when played on the hardest difficulty. Especially later on in the game...

I found it to be fun, rewarding and challenging and also, the graphics and story are both great. I really hope that there'll be a second. Perhaps they could go all assassins creed and do it in various time periods...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 am

Still considering getting this one. Looks like fun.
I have a friend who uploaded over 91 clips and just watching those makes me want it.

This is Sparta!!!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:58 am

Just thought I'd chime in and agree with everything that's been said here. I just decided to finally play it through even though I've had it sitting here from Gamefly for weeks. In short this game was incredible. Anybody that gave this game bad scores either didn't play it all the way through, is a PS4 fanboy or was smoking crack when they were playing. Sure it's short so take a little from it for that.

I usually have a hard time paying attention to story lines as I have a tendency to just rush through w/out paying much attention, but this game had me engaged from the start. Great story line. This is a must rent title, even if you get your Xbox One later on.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down