Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titanfall is not a timed exclusive...

3 posters

Go down

Titanfall is not a timed exclusive... Empty Titanfall is not a timed exclusive...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Major Nelson confirms it is XB1 only on next gen consoles.

http://www.twitter.com/majornelson/status/395312531750678528
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Titanfall is not a timed exclusive... Empty Re: Titanfall is not a timed exclusive...

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:34 am

I am guessing a lot of money switched hands very recently.  Otherwise it would have been announced as a system exclusive from the get go.  My guess is it was a timed exclusive at first but after they saw the interest, they decided to buy it up completely.  Probably a smart move.   Titanfall looks amazing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Titanfall is not a timed exclusive... Empty Re: Titanfall is not a timed exclusive...

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 am

I really doubt money switched hands recently, a bunch of internet crazies took an EA exec saying "We like the 3 year rotation of Battlefield, Titanfall, Battlefront" to mean that it was coming for PS4 eventually because the other games will.

I'm glad they clarified, it was kind of a silly rumor from the start.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 am

The people at Game Informer seem to think a good bit of money was spent as well…

“I’ve seen a number of comments suggesting that EA’s decision to go with Microsoft exclusively for Titanfall is about some kind of friendship that trumps sales potential. The fact is that third-party exclusives cost money (and quite a lot of it). In order for this deal to exist, there must be enough cash at play to trump the opportunity cost of foregoing one major platform. If Titanfall is as successful as I expect it will be, exclusivity for a sequel might cost more than Microsoft is willing or able to spent.”

And then there is the fact that even the developers at Respawn has no idea about the deal…

Vince Zampella tweeted:

"Always MS exclusive at launch, great partner and focus is good for a startup. EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently =("

This suggest that Titanfall was headed towards a PS4 launch at some point but changed recently.  So, not a silly rumor after all?  Vince further goes on to specifically state that only the first game in the Titanfall series is exclusive.   

Given the above information I would say that Titanfall was definitely headed to the PS4 at some point down the road but EA and Microsoft made a change in the deal very recently. 

Link - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/29/respawn-founder-vince-zampella-clears-up-titanfall-exclusivity-confusion.aspx
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:34 am

Meh, sounds like one of those "after we finish developing it for PC/XBO we'd then like to make it for the PS4" deals. Then EA said 'negative ghostrider' so the Executives are trying to sound good to not lose fans and do what everyone does, blame their boss (which is what the bosses job is).

I'll have both systems, so it doesn't matter. This makes me happy though. On the internet Sony fans are very similar to Apple fans. The companies make solid products that I like, the community is just annoying.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 am

Still don't think so.  Hell even a few days ago even the great Major Nelson would not confirm the exclusivity of Titanfall.  I'm telling you, this deal just happened.

In the end it really doesn't matter.  I will be getting both consoles as well and Titanfall doesn't even launch till next year so it's all good.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:50 am

They did get burned pretty bad at E3 for saying things too quickly without the official word. I'm inclined to think that's why they didn't come out and say things right away.

I could definitely see some money changing hands though, completely viable theory.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 pm

With all the press that Titanfall has been getting this is a pretty major coup for MS.  This will sell consoles.  I'm in the camp that thinks MS handed over some cash for this after all the positive stuff coming in the last few months regarding the game.  Just glad that I'm on the side that will get the opportunity to play it, although it will be hard to live up to the hype.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down