Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Drive Club (PS4 Exclusive) rumored to be delayed until 2014...

+2
DeadSockPuppet
OneBadHuskerFan
6 posters

Go down

Now Drive Club (PS4 Exclusive) rumored to be delayed until 2014... Empty Now Drive Club (PS4 Exclusive) rumored to be delayed until 2014...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:32 pm

While I don't think it was a "console seller" in the first place just due to the footage I've seen of it, if true, this sucks for those guys that wanted a racing game at launch.

That said, it still is only a rumor at this point as Sony won't flat out say anything right now.

It's one thing that multi-platform games are getting delayed, but exclusives?

Is PS4 Launch Game DriveClub Delayed To 2014?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Now Drive Club (PS4 Exclusive) rumored to be delayed until 2014... Empty Re: Now Drive Club (PS4 Exclusive) rumored to be delayed until 2014...

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Sounds like devs for both systems are writing checks their asses can't cash.  I wasn't really interested in this game, but hopefully more launch titles don't bite it.  Granted, it will probably be a while before I get a next gen, but it still sucks for those of you that will be getting the systems from the get go.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Now Drive Club (PS4 Exclusive) rumored to be delayed until 2014... Empty Re: Now Drive Club (PS4 Exclusive) rumored to be delayed until 2014...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:29 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Sounds like devs for both systems are writing checks their asses can't cash.  I wasn't really interested in this game, but hopefully more launch titles don't bite it.  Granted, it will probably be a while before I get a next gen, but it still sucks for those of you that will be getting the systems from the get go.
Yeah, it does suck.  I know I'd seriously re-consider the Xbox One at launch if Forza 5 got delayed.  It's the only exclusive at launch that I care about.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:09 am

Don't speak of such things Husker! I'd still buy it at launch, only because I already have the money saved.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:49 pm

It's official that it's been delayed.  Sucks for PS4 racing fans as this leaves them with only NFS: Rivals as the only racing game on the PS4 at launch.

DRIVECLUB Update
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm not upset by this at all. I was not looking forward to Driveclub anyway, aside from the fact I would play the Free version cause... it was Free. If it was good, hooray! If not, oh well. In some ways this is actually better. Now we are getting another game Free at launch and we still get Driveclub for Free once it finally launches.  More Free Games!!!  Woot!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:30 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I'm not upset by this at all. I was not looking forward to Driveclub anyway, aside from the fact I would play the Free version cause... it was Free. If it was good, hooray! If not, oh well. In some ways this is actually better. Now we are getting another game Free at launch and we still get Driveclub for Free once it finally launches.  More Free Games!!!  Woot!
To each their own.  I know people think I just want to bash the PS4, but really there is only one exclusive that I'd even be remotely interested in and that's Killzone, while I'm definitely interested in Ryse and Dead Rising for the XB1.  Not to mention Forza 5.  I've never been into indie games, so Sony can hype those all they want...same with MS.

Also, getting a neutered version of Drive Club free isn't all that great.  I have a feeling that it will sell less than expected.  Sony should REALLY have concentrated on getting Gran Turismo as a PS4 launch title instead of having it on the PS3.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:40 pm

To each his own indeed.  Games I am looking forward to on launch day in addition to my BF4 bundled PS4...

Resogun
Contrast
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
War Thunder

All above games are FREE and available Day 1.  That is a lot of content available Day 1 for no additional charge beyond my BF4 bundle.  I also plan to pick up Killzone but may actually hold off a bit depending on how much time I end up putting into the Free games listed. Bottom line is that I am extremely happy with my launch day options and content available.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:08 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:To each his own indeed.  Games I am looking forward to on launch day in addition to my BF4 bundled PS4...

Resogun
Contrast
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
War Thunder

All above games are FREE and available Day 1.  That is a lot of content available Day 1 for no additional charge beyond my BF4 bundle.  I also plan to pick up Killzone but may actually hold off a bit depending on how much time I end up putting into the Free games listed. Bottom line is that I am extremely happy with my launch day options and content available.
It will be interesting to follow the free games and see how well they do with their micro transaction economy.  Developers still need to make money.  They'll get it one way or another.  I'm not sold on the F2P w/micro transactions is the right way to go about it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 pm

This doesn't upset me at all. I have enough crap FTP games on my PC, don't need more garbage games taking up console space too. They're usually fun for a couple plays, nothing noteworthy though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:50 pm

AtrumX wrote:This doesn't upset me at all. I have enough crap FTP games on my PC, don't need more garbage games taking up console space too. They're usually fun for a couple plays, nothing noteworthy though.
You saying League is garbage, brah?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Like I said, personally I am looking forward to the free games I listed. I don't have a PC I can game on so much of this is a new experience open to me and I am looking forward to it. Plus I would rather have the option than not. If it's crap, fine. It costs me nothing and opens up more options and gameplay for me to experience. How that can be turned into a negative? I don't know. scratch 

Will some be crap? Probably, yeah, but the same can be said for "premium" retail games too. Remember Duke Nukem 3D? Would it be fair to judge all retail games off the crappy ones? I don't think so. I can name just as many crappy retail games as crappy F2P games. Doesn't change the fact that there are good ones out there too. How about LoL? As I recall you play a lot of that game and personally enjoy it quite a bit. Yes? Guild Wars 2 has received high marks as well as Planetside 2 (another launch window PS4 title) and countless others. Personally I welcome any and all of them.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:04 pm

GW2 wasn't free, MOBAs have been stuck in this FTP or die model since they started so I count them as exceptions.

I should specify, I'm getting a PS4. I'll definitely download a lot of these games. Free games are typically really cool for a few days, maybe a week or two. Do I hope there is an exception? Definitely. It just doesn't seem like a relevant console launch topic.

Like, who was going "OMG HEXIC HD for free!!!" when the 360 launched? I played it, thought it was cool, but it wasn't especially important for anyone.

Summary: Right now, not excited for any FTP games on XBO or PS4. However, I would LOVE to see something like Mech Warrior Online come out that is a full game, well done, and has a good replay value/online presence. Then that would be something to talk about.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah ftp games don't keep my attention for long.  I'll play for about an hour or two and think 'this game is neat'... and then never play it again.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:33 am

The exclusive that I'm really interested in is the The Order.  That game just looks sick.  That will probably be one of the two or three first games I get when I get a PS4.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:07 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:The exclusive that I'm really interested in is the The Order.  That game just looks sick.  That will probably be one of the two or three first games I get when I get a PS4.
That game definitely looks like it could pretty awesome.  Looking forward to it getting closer and them actually showing some gameplay.  From what I've seen so far it's impressive.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down