Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hulu/Hulu Plus Questions

4 posters

Go down

Hulu/Hulu Plus Questions Empty Hulu/Hulu Plus Questions

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:17 pm

So the wife and I started using Hulu on the Wii and 360 to keep up with a show we started on Netflix, but that Netflix didn't have all the seasons of.  We've kinda figured out the system but I have some questions about programming.  

From what I've heard, new shows appear on Hulu within about 24hrs of airing but that there isn't an option to view things like sporting events (NFL games) or local news.  

I was wondering for those of you that have Hulu, how do you go about filling the holes that are in Hulu?  I guess I could keep basic cable or watch things on the computer but I was just curious what you guys do.  While we're not having any real issues yet with Uverse, going Hulu/Netflix would cut our monthly bill from like $60 to $16.  Also, I haven't checked, but can you watch HBO shows (GoT) on Hulu?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Hulu/Hulu Plus Questions Empty Re: Hulu/Hulu Plus Questions

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Find a friend that has HBO on their TV bundle and have them give you their info.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 am

No you can not watch HBO shows on Hulu.  Only on HBOgo.  Atrums solution will work if you have a cool friend.  Then you can watch HBOgo and still kill the cable bill.  Also, local news and channels are now broadcast in digital for FREE.  Just need to buy an antenna and get set up with a box for your TV I think.  There is an initial cost but then it's FREE.

Also, solutions like Apple TV and Chromecast allow you to put anything you can watch on your computer to your TV solving most issues.  If you can find it online, you can watch it on your TV.

I have completely cut out my satellite recently and have not looked back.  Of course, I do not watch much TV anymore.  Gaming and Anime are my biggest draws on entertainment right now so it made sense for me.  I use Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll from pretty much all my viewing needs as well as Amazon Prime on occasion. (and of course the internet where needed)
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 am

Yeah if you have an android phone the chrome cast is a really great option for $35 if you have an hdmi in that isn't being used. If you are into apple the Apple TV is great also for $100. Most news sites have streaming as well so if you don't have a cable connection and want to watch the local news then it should work. Also with the Apple TV you can buy/ rent movies and shows from the iTunes Store and with the chrome cast you can do the same from the google play store and maybe also the amazon instant store. The is a ton of stuff on the web. It does suck that to use hbo go you need to have a cable hbo subscription. If they did like a Netflix hbo go subscription seperate from a cable deal they would make so much more money that way. I really don't know why they havnt done this yet.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down