Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft confirms allowing self-publishing on the XB1...

+3
DeadSockPuppet
S7 mrmiller
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Go down

Microsoft confirms allowing self-publishing on the XB1... Empty Microsoft confirms allowing self-publishing on the XB1...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Good for them.  This has been a very hot topic coming from the Xbox haters.  One less thing to b1tch about now.

"Our vision is that every person can be a creator," Marc Whitten, corporate vice president at Xbox said in a statement. "That every Xbox One can be used for development. That every game and experience can take advantage of all of the features of Xbox One and Xbox LIVE. This means self-publishing. This means Kinect, the cloud, achievements. This means great discoverability on Xbox LIVE. We'll have more details on the program and the timeline at Gamescom in August."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/24/4553946/microsoft-details-xbox-one-indie-self-publishing
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Microsoft confirms allowing self-publishing on the XB1... Empty Re: Microsoft confirms allowing self-publishing on the XB1...

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:57 pm

I think I have only ever played one Indie game, and I bet the vast majority of people don't play them very much. Still, it's a nice feature, and they also are trying to get self published and a 14 day certification time.

http://www.gamespot.com//news/microsoft-reverses-xbox-one-indie-publishing-requirements-6411991?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6411991

I wonder what's really required to develop a game- they say every Xbox One can be used- so is there an app for the development kit?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Microsoft confirms allowing self-publishing on the XB1... Empty Re: Microsoft confirms allowing self-publishing on the XB1...

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Not really something that changes mind since it don't play indie games but it should be good for the market and for people that have great ideas but don't have the capital or a KickStarter to get the game made.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:09 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Not really something that changes mind since it don't play indie games but it should be good for the market and for people that have great ideas but don't have the capital or a KickStarter to get the game made.

Oh I don't think it would change minds but it narrows the gap in the argument as a whole.

I'm not sure much could be done by MS to change minds if they haven't been changed by now.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:03 pm

This make me more likely to find the motivation to make one...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:46 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:Not really something that changes mind since it don't play indie games but it should be good for the market and for people that have great ideas but don't have the capital or a KickStarter to get the game made.

Oh I don't think it would change minds but it narrows the gap in the argument as a whole.

I'm not sure much could be done by MS to change minds if they haven't been changed by now.
I bet if they went fully backward compatible, included a house, 6 figure job, exotic car of your choice, hoard of 20-30 girl model/servants, and a lifetime supply of mountain dew you MIGHT, just MIGHT possibly convert a few people.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:52 pm

I'll buy 2!!!

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:28 pm

I'd settle for back compatible, that would be a game changer for me.  Or at the very least it would make me think twice.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 pm

The two systems are so much the same right now, I'm feeling it really comes down to "do you want to spend the extra $100 for the Kinect?". Really, that is the only defining difference any more (besides the Xbox live vs. PS Network argument).

What's interesting is I was reading some stock analysis reports, and after the holidays we should know who is going to be the leader in the next gen, as they are predicting the Xbox One to ship 2-3 times the consoles as PS4 due to the manufacturing limitations. So if the Xbox ships and sells them all, they will be the clear forerunner, but if the leave units on the shelves come Christmas, and PS4 is all sold out everywhere, it will just increase demand for the PS4 and it will be the forerunner (once it ships enough units to meet demand). Either way, I feel both will be sucessful bar any major mistakes early in the life-cycle (RRoD, Network Hacks, etc...).

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 pm

No your wrong mrmiller .... the real differences between the two is friends or no friends! Jk I think both will be good consoles but still prefer the box over the p
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down