Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why the cloud is a big deal for Xbox One

4 posters

Go down

Why the cloud is a big deal for Xbox One Empty Why the cloud is a big deal for Xbox One

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu May 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Nice little writeup by a dev about his opinion on MS's cloud computing...

http://www.kiaran.net/post/51734233963/why-the-cloud-is-a-big-deal-for-xbox-one
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Why the cloud is a big deal for Xbox One Empty Re: Why the cloud is a big deal for Xbox One

Post by S7 Sticky Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 pm

should have watch the twitch stream after the reveal then went into almost what this guy was saying is say which is cool if you think about it the cloud and xb1 itself will grow over time and being able to take some of the load of the xb1 and put it into the cloud should help out alot as far as lag and really help games evolve ....\

cant wait till E3
Why the cloud is a big deal for Xbox One 390918_10152335612770995_1139066712_n_zpsd8c89f20
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Why the cloud is a big deal for Xbox One Empty Re: Why the cloud is a big deal for Xbox One

Post by Atrum Thu May 30, 2013 8:57 pm

And lo, no work was accomplished that monday. For it was a day of gaming.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri May 31, 2013 2:25 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last Xbox - or at least the last revolutionary Xbox.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 31, 2013 2:26 pm

S7 Epic wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last Xbox - or at least the last revolutionary Xbox.

Based on...
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:59 am

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last Xbox - or at least the last revolutionary Xbox.

Based on...

All the new Xbox Live infrastructure, the multiple OS's running on the X1 and all the new media features. This is a box that is designed to sit under your TV and remain there.

People were considering cloud gaming for this generation. Look 5-10 years down the line and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony and MS headed there. Sure, there is the offline play to think about but I have a few solutions in mind, so I'm sure with the resources available to MS and Sony, they can find a workable solution; i.e. a low resource game on the blu-ray disc, then the fully fledged version streamed from the cloud.

Cloud gaming aside, there's no denying that the MS are delivering a great platform to build upon over the years with the XB1.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Ahh, that makes sense. I imagine they'll still have a console to connect to their cloud service and do the basic connectivity.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:13 am

AtrumX wrote:Ahh, that makes sense. I imagine they'll still have a console to connect to their cloud service and do the basic connectivity.

I could see them going the Apple route and just doing a refresh every year or two to update the basic specs and slowly shift the branding to just be 'Xbox'.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down