Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes)

+13
S7 Epic
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 mrmiller
S7 DieharD
S7 Zalacious
S7 Shikaga
S7 Coolhand
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Interseptor
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Sticky
S7 OC
S7 Smack
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes) Empty This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes)

Post by S7 Smack Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:23 am

Here's a progress report on Rockstars Red Dead Revolver this game is bad ass I cant wait for release date wish they would drop a demo or some thing lol. Details below:

March 26, 2010 - I've done all I can to avoid playing or seeing Red Dead Redemption. I don't watch the trailers on IGN, I don't read Erik Brudvig's detailed previews, and I avoid going to the Rockstar booth at industry shows. I haven't been doing this because I don't like Red Dead; I was doing this because I was pretty sure I was totally going to dig Red Dead and didn't want a moment spoiled for me. Still, I knew that eventually a situation was going to come up where I'd have to play the game early.

Today, as one of the handful of IGNers at PAX East, the Red Dead Redemption coverage was assigned to me. I picked up the controller and played the game I've been dreaming about for the first time.

It was glorious.

In his latest preview (I read it after popping my Red Dead cherry), Brudvig said he gets a little more excited for the game every time he sees it. Although my demo of this third-person, open world western was only 15 minutes or so, it's easy to see why.

This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes) Red-dead-redemption-20100326044032142 Meet the gentlemen and vagabonds of Red Dead.

I started on my horse and had the seemingly simple task riding to the "S" on the map to start the next mission, but I'll be damned if I couldn't get it together and get over there. At first I was marveling at the way the horse's leg muscles moved under its skin, then I began fooling with all my weapons (which are visually represented on John Marston's body), and then I started see what would happen if I tapped the button an obscene amount of times to make the horse run (the answer: you get bucked off and the horse gets pissed).

Even once I was done twiddling with the little things, the game itself started distracting me. I was trying to be a good cowboy and ride to the mission, but on the horizon I spotted a party gathered around a fire. I rode on over, opened fire from my mounted position, and massacred the party while the game notified me that my "Honor Level" had dropped. Honor is the morality system of Red Dead. The kind of side missions you have available to you depend on this system. If you're being a good guy, you'll get missions like saving a kidnapped person; if you're bad, you'll be looking at heist jobs and such.

Once the notification that I was a jerk drifted off the screen, I noticed an eye icon on the screen speeding away from the scene of my crime. This was a witness. If I let him go, my wanted level and bounty amount would go up. As that level increases, so does the chance of gangs coming after me to collect the ever-growing reward on my head. I, of course, couldn't let that happen, so I chased down the stage coach-drivin' witness.

Now, you can just pull out your gun and shoot from the over the shoulder perspective, but I found it a bit difficult to draw an accurate bead on my enemy this way. Instead – if your meter is full – you can click into Dead Eye mode, which slows everything down and allows you to paint targets on your prey. Once you've laid the markers, Marston opens fire and takes down whatever was standing in his way.

The witness dead, I started back toward the mission, but stopped to shoot and then skin a rattlesnake (you can sell your skins and pelts so that you can afford upgrades), save a woman being dragged through the dirt by some evil cowboys, and tame a horse (after lassoing the animal, you have to walk up to it and stay on its bucking back by balancing Marston on top of it with the left stick). Just when I thought I had sowed my wild oats and was ready to settle down on the task at hand, a man came tearing over a cactus-covered hill hollering that I needed to help him – two mountain lions were chasing and attacking him. I Dead Eyed both of the beasts and got an Honor boost as well as a shot to my Fame Level. The Fame Level tacks how well known you are in the area; as it gets higher, more people start showing up to challenge you to duels and such.

This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes) Red-dead-redemption-20100326044044361-000 Bang. You're dead... and now I'm going to skin you.

Eventually, I did make it to the mission – although I won't spoil it on a shot-for-shot description. I met a creepy dude named Seth at a graveyard, and we marched into a ghost town looking for some treasure, which turned out to be an ambush. Red Dead uses a weapon wheel to select your gun/knife/rope of choice, and during this march to the house holding my fortune, I found myself hopping around the wheel quite a bit. Each gun has a pleasant pop to it and a weight that makes the shots satisfying even though you're not spraying out the lead like you would in a game using today's guns. Even cooler, when you get up close with an enemy and pull the trigger, the game drops in these special kills. When Seth and I were slowly working our way up through this abandoned house with large sections of wall missing, I'd have guys running at me in close quarters and I'd pull the trigger. Marston would take his rifle, put it underneath the bad guy's chin, and fire.

Red Dead Redemption has always had my attention, but today it earned my $60. I only got the briefest of tastes of this world, but there's so much cool stuff going on. I can honestly see myself playing this until 1:30 a.m. on a nightly basis – just riding across the plains and gathering pelts for trade. Yeah, I'm that big of a nerd, but when you get your hands on this game, I'm betting you will be as well.

Last edited by S7 Smack on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes) Empty Re: This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes)

Post by S7 OC Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:36 am

Yeah Charles and I have been talking about this one for a while

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes) Empty Re: This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes)

Post by S7 Smack Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:38 am

Make sure you watch the second video it's freakin awesome I'm still in awe at the sheer size and attention to detail that's being put into this game sorry I'm starting to sound like Joe does for Halo games almost got carried away J/K This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes) Lol
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:46 am

looks good i might only rent it !
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:54 am

This is absolutely...The Main game I've been waiting for! They've kept pushing the release date back and now...I think they've finally got the "official" date established.
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Definitely looks nice. Gonna have to get a hold of this one.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah bhopefully they have a nice array of MP options and maybe some GB ladder support. It is possible with Rockstar at the helm but I haven't heard anything yet so here's to hoping it comes a reality lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:30 pm

S7 Smack wrote:Yeah bhopefully they have a nice array of MP options and maybe some GB ladder support. It is possible with Rockstar at the helm but I haven't heard anything yet so here's to hoping it comes a reality lol.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/26/red-dead-redemption-has-surprising-multiplayer-to-be-revealed/
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Ahh thanks Giraffe I appreciate it I haven't heard anything I was getting worried this game is definitely must buy now.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:46 pm

S7 Smack wrote:Ahh thanks Giraffe I appreciate it I haven't heard anything I was getting worried this game is definitely must buy now.

It was a must-buy for me before this announcement. Definitely at the top of my list right now, especially since every preview so far has been extremely positive. Can't wait for this game!
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:39 am

Nice cut-scenes in the video but sure doesn't show the gameplay. I need to see more to be convinced.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:30 am

Well, it's Rockstar, takes place in a huge open world and built on the GTA4 engine. You can pretty much guess what it's going to be like. Badass!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Shikaga Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:00 am

agreed. i have been watching this game for awhile now.
S7 Shikaga
S7 Shikaga

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:57 pm

As an interesting side note, Rockstarn did say that the GTA4 engine was actually built for Red Dead Revolver and simply used GTA4 as a test for that engine.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 pm

thats a win because gta4 MP was a win
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:48 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Nice cut-scenes in the video but sure doesn't show the gameplay. I need to see more to be convinced.
Watch the Second Video the firt trailer is OK but the second one shows everything to convince you lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:35 pm

S7 Smack wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:Nice cut-scenes in the video but sure doesn't show the gameplay. I need to see more to be convinced.
Watch the Second Video the firt trailer is OK but the second one shows everything to convince you lol.
Didn't see a second one in your post, jsut a screenshot. But there are more on the site with the first one. This one sold me:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddeadred_trl_gameplayvideo_12810.html
Looks great to me!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:16 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:
S7 Smack wrote:
Didn't see a second one in your post, jsut a screenshot. But there are more on the site with the first one. This one sold me:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddeadred_trl_gameplayvideo_12810.html
Looks great to me!

LOL it plays after the first video just let it run and it'll show all the videos they have to date you noob lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:39 pm

This game is going to be badass!!! (Updated with MP Modes) Icon_clown Oh, I knew that, but I think one of the tubes on my internets is clogged. Need a coat hanger.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 pm

@ Luke LMAO.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Well I finally watched all the vidoes for this game and I think I just did 180 on my opinion of it. I am pretty stoked on this game now. Should be a lot of fun.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Hell yeah I'm going to be lassoing you fudgers up and dragging with horses in MP, better watch out lol. J/K but it would be sick if you could.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:20 pm

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:26 pm

That is going to be so real good fun. Posse up

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Hell yeah and they still got things under wraos it's crazy I can't wait I haven't beeen this excited for a western since gun.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next