Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insanity begins

+3
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
Lickwid Apex
7 posters

Go down

Insanity begins Empty Insanity begins

Post by Lickwid Apex Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:37 am

I mean that literally. My wife signed on as a BeachBody coach and I'm now on the hook to do Insanity with her for 60 days. Has anyone here done this or the P90X and care to share their experience?
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Insanity begins Empty Re: Insanity begins

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Lickwid Apex wrote:I mean that literally. My wife signed on as a BeachBody coach and I'm now on the hook to do Insanity with her for 60 days. Has anyone here done this or the P90X and care to share their experience?

I've thought about getting back into shape and eventually getting up to that point, but when I do I get depressed and just get fatter, lol. I have heard though that Insanity is not for the faint of heart.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:32 pm

I've done both Insanity and most the iterations of P90X.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm in very good shape. Run in the mornings, weights in the afteroons, eat health, blablabla.

Having said that, they're great workouts. Me and my brother both did P90X and he struggles to jog a mile, yet we still had the same difficulty with it.
With any workout that is primarily bodyweight/high reps it's all about your intensity. Go all out, and you'll get a great workout.

Not sure what your goals are with it or where you're at fitness wise but it's important to remember the 80/20 rule. Diet makes up 80% of your results, the actual running/working out is only 20.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:20 pm

I lift 3~5 times a week. I run or swim twice a week. I've done the P90X. If I can get a grip on my diet I'm sure I'll make some serious progress to losing the belly fat.

As for goals, I'm in it to support my wife and to experiment with a different type of exercise. Variety makes workin out more fun. So 60 days, ready, go!
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Anonymous Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:49 pm

I have did the Insanity before when I was in the army. It was our daily pt lol. I liked it a lot and thought it was a great program.
S7 Anonymous
S7 Anonymous
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Anonymous

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPhQhajTx16oQzE34FYPTiG

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:57 pm

ive done insanity twice. great workout.

Now i use it to augment my regular routine...
Indoor soccer twice a week, outdoor soccer on sundays, plus two days of running. I throw in three insanity workouts a week (plyo, cardio, and sports) and its the perfect mix to keep me well in shape.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm

It's ok but afaic it's sub-optimal for any type of fitness goal you may have. Unless that goal is specifically to complete a cycle of Insanity.

If I were you, I'd cut the lifting right down for these 60 days and use this time as a cut because muscle/strength gains will be minimal (if at all) if you're doing Insanity alongside. Go in, go through the warm up sets and pull HEAVY-ASS 3x3 (1x3 for DL).

Diet is key, this is a pretty good calc for getting your nutrition on track - http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

'Abs are made in the kitchen'.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm doing P90X right now I have good endurance, UPS provided that with a 3-4 average work day with none stop packaging. All I really need to do right now is work on increasing my strength and push myself on the ab ripper x. Plus dieting might help if I get the change to eat a meal that isn't fast food.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 am

I checked out that calculator. I did not find an option for weight loss. I only saw weight gain. Very cool calculator, but not for my needs unless you can 'splain it to me.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 am

For that calculator:

1st Page - Just fill in your info. Body Fat % will make it FAR more accurate.

2nd Page - This is where you choose weight loss, under the "Rest / Workout Split", baiscally the more Negative #'s there are, the more weight you're set to lose.
The only other thing You should change there is the workout days, for how many times you workout each week. Ideally you would tweak all the amounts to fit you, but that takes time, testing, and research to get exact. This is a good starting point.

Page 3 - Basically just a "If you stick to the diet/workout plan you'll get something similar to these results"
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down