Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Guns

+9
S7 Interseptor
S7 Sticky
S7 ROWDYFLASH
Air7Cav
S7 Uncle Charles
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 mrmiller
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite Guns Empty Favorite Guns

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 am

Yep, it's that time again already. I was wondering what gun everyone likes. Mainly because I want to try a lot of them out early, but I don't want to waste a token on one that is not any good.

I like both the MP7 and Vector in the submachine gun category. I can't decide which I really like better, as both seem solid. The MP7 seems to do better at longer ranges, but if I'm playing a map with longer shots I switch to an AR most of the time.

I was using the 556, which is the 3 round bust rifle in the game. I like it so far, but am not completely sold on it. I don't think it is as good as the M16 in BO1 or the Type 95 in MW3. More on par with the upgraded M16 in MW3. Still, I like the burst rifles as it keeps me from spraying and I place my shots better (not to mention conserve ammo). It is a really good rifle at a distance, still killing with 2 bursts and seems to be accurate as well.

I just started using the Type 25 last night, and so far I like it a lot. It seems to be good both close range and at a distance. It’s my current favorite until I try something else.

I think I hit level 20 last night (maybe 21) so I have a ways to go still, but those 4 all feel pretty solid to me as of now.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Favorite Guns Empty Re: Favorite Guns

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 am

I really have to stop reading this section until I get the game.
Posts like this make me wish I had time to pick it up already!! May leave early today...feeling sick (*cough*cough*), plus I have a lot of "use/lose" days on the books anyway before the end of the year...may need to cash in cheers
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 am

Well, whatever you guys figure out please post the best setups/guns/etc...lol.

I need all the help I can get as I am truly horrible at this game. I want to really like it as it's fun but a k/d ratio of about .3-.4 makes that hard sometimes.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Well, whatever you guys figure out please post the best setups/guns/etc...lol.

I need all the help I can get as I am truly horrible at this game. I want to really like it as it's fun but a k/d ratio of about .3-.4 makes that hard sometimes.

If you want to get a ton of kills in any CoD game just follow one simple tip:

-Look where your team is, go somewhere else. CoD always ends up as a big wall of death where both teams try very hard to hold certain areas - players from both teams always stream in to 1 or 2 key spots. If you want to get an absurd amount of kills, find flanking routes, ways to run behind them, places to sit and wait for the sheep to run in to a kill zone, etc.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 am

So Atrum...what you're saying is....you spend a lot of time behind Sheep?
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 am

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:So Atrum...what you're saying is....you spend a lot of time behind Sheep?

Negative ghostrider. They always seem to be running from some guy that claims to be their Uncle, wanting to play some type of 'game'.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Uncle Charles wrote:So Atrum...what you're saying is....you spend a lot of time behind Sheep?

Negative ghostrider. They always seem to be running from some guy that claims to be their Uncle, wanting to play some type of 'game'.
Rolling Eyes He doesn't drive a van with a "bear" on the side promoting free candy now does he?? Shocked

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm

AtrumX wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Well, whatever you guys figure out please post the best setups/guns/etc...lol.

[snip] places to sit and wait for the sheep to run in to a kill zone, etc.

My favorite tactic. Twisted Evil
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Air7Cav wrote:
AtrumX wrote:

[snip] places to sit and wait for the sheep to run in to a kill zone, etc.

My favorite tactic. Twisted Evil
tactic? it's called "camping" and is frowned upon in the gaming community.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Maybe we could get back on subject about weapons and guns and create a new thread to help Husker out. So far only the original post is relevant.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:Maybe we could get back on subject about weapons and guns and create a new thread to help Husker out. So far only the original post is relevant.

~mrmiller

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail it. Sad
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 mrmiller wrote:Maybe we could get back on subject about weapons and guns and create a new thread to help Husker out. So far only the original post is relevant.

~mrmiller

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail it. Sad
LOL, you got that totally wrong. "WE" all derailed it.
Hopefully someone will post about the weapons to add to what Miller has already said to help you out Husker and get this ting back on-track.

Sorry Miller.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Dang....pissed the boss off Shocked
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 ROWDYFLASH Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:56 pm

As far as I'm concerned, a shotty is my fave. The second shotty u get is automatic and to me atleast feels like an AR. Can't think of the name of it. But its open right from the start
S7 ROWDYFLASH
S7 ROWDYFLASH
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 ROWDYFLASH

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm

AN 94 lvl 55

by far the best fun loved it till reset
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:29 am

I was using the first shotty, the pump, and with the heavy barrel it was great. One of my new fav's for just running around when playing FFA.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:18 am

While not a gun, I like the solo knife.

My history with the knife is not too good, I seem to always miss with the knife while opponents can do the 360 spin and seemingly hit me no matter the angle. In BO2 the knife range seems to be significantly reduced in both the horizontal and lateral planes. I notice a lot more people missing me as well, and it seems like you almost need to have the enemy in your crosshairs and be very close to them. What I have found is that if you do not have a secondary weapon you run with only the knife out (which makes you really fast, CounterStrike style), and this gives you a huge range in both directions. It’s more like running with the tactical knife, or even the commando perk in MW2. I played almost a complete Kill Confirmed match with just my running class (marathon + lightweight) and the solo knife and did well. Should make for some fun knife only matches, and people like Interseptor could probably play the game KNFU style with never firing a round.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:While not a gun, I like the solo knife.

My history with the knife is not too good, I seem to always miss with the knife while opponents can do the 360 spin and seemingly hit me no matter the angle. In BO2 the knife range seems to be significantly reduced in both the horizontal and lateral planes. I notice a lot more people missing me as well, and it seems like you almost need to have the enemy in your crosshairs and be very close to them. What I have found is that if you do not have a secondary weapon you run with only the knife out (which makes you really fast, CounterStrike style), and this gives you a huge range in both directions. It’s more like running with the tactical knife, or even the commando perk in MW2. I played almost a complete Kill Confirmed match with just my running class (marathon + lightweight) and the solo knife and did well. Should make for some fun knife only matches, and people like Interseptor could probably play the game KNFU style with never firing a round.

~mrmiller

I am Interseptor and I approve this message.

Looks like I need to finally load up the MP Twisted Evil
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:42 am

Yes you do. Rank up to level 15 or whatever it is to get the additional perks and select them all and drop your secondary weapon, and you can go all knife crazy like in the past- LOL. Hell, if I did that well on my first try it's scary to think what you and Kenny might do. BTW- If I remeber correctly, lightweight not only makes you move faster but adds no falling damage. So that jumping off buildings to stab people in the face works extremely well.

If you can log onto elite you can check out my "Run and Shotgun" class for my setup.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:Yes you do. Rank up to level 15 or whatever it is to get the additional perks and select them all and drop your secondary weapon, and you can go all knife crazy like in the past- LOL. Hell, if I did that well on my first try it's scary to think what you and Kenny might do. BTW- If I remeber correctly, lightweight not only makes you move faster but adds no falling damage. So that jumping off buildings to stab people in the face works extremely well.

If you can log onto elite you can check out my "Run and Shotgun" class for my setup.

~mrmiller

Haha, I might have to try this for some fun.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 am

SCORPION! Hands down the best gun. Can't wait to unlock it again.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 am

Just recently unlocked the MSMC and some attachments and it's my leading gun. So far I like my SMGs with some combo of red dot, foregrip, quick load ammo, and the pistol grip.

Usually on larger maps I take all three attachments and set my perks to anything that gives me speed so I can get close to enemies. I will also try to keep the hard line perk and some low level streaks to keep unlocking the streaks.

On shorter maps I tend towards the grips and ammo so that I can burn thru rounds to suppress opponents and to make up for the lack of a scope which really isn't needed on short maps.

I've only played last night and I've pretty much stuck with UAV, care package and hunter killers. I still don't go on huge runs, usually, so I can use these streaks and usually get them multiple times each in a match which makes things fun for me and useful for the group.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Just unlocked the M1216 and played a couple rounds of domination with it and it seems pretty good. Last round got the long barrel unlocked so we'll see how that goes when I get on next. I'm running it with the automatic pistol with extended mags and hardline, fast hands, and engineer for perks. Seems like a good setup being able to run 4 rounds into someone and clean up their friends with the pistol.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:37 pm

HAMR = Win.
I run it with 3 attachments and it can kill very fast at any range. Very versatile weapon.

SCAR - Very similar to the MW2 scar. To me it feels like the 'staple gun' of the game. Accurate, good at close and long range, very consistent.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:06 pm

I love the vector it works great for me spray / trigger burst. It seems like went other smgs would need to reload it keeps shooting. I also just stared to use the scar and like it a lot . It feels like the scar fro one of the older games.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next