Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced

5 posters

Go down

Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced Empty Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:15 pm

i dont think ill be getting the pass as its 2,000 MS points and you only get a 15% discount on the maps coming out so in the end i think it might be cheaper just to buy maps as they come out ..... cool idea still

cant wait for this game think im diving into MP first thing

Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced

RATE THIS
editer 10-24-2012 6:00 PM 46
With the highly anticipated launch of Halo 4 on Nov. 6 less than two weeks away, Microsoft and 343 Industries today unveiled that there will be more content to come in the months post-launch, and the Halo 4 War Games Map Pass is your ticket to getting it all at a 15 percent discount over the estimated retail price of the maps. Stoking the excitement for launch, 343 Industries also premiered the gameplay launch trailer for Halo 4, available now on Halo Waypoint.

View the launch trailer now on Halo Waypoint

Retailing for 2,000 Microsoft Points, the Halo 4 War Games Map Pass confirms your access to three War Games map packs as they become available in December, February and April, and represents a savings of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the packs individually. In addition, Map Pass purchasers will receive two bonus in-game helmets, as well as a unique in-game emblem. Exploring new worlds and wonders, all three Map Packs provide classic Halo combat and exciting ways to experience the new feature-set of Halo Infinity Multiplayer.

Descriptions and tentative release dates are as follows:

Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter
Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)
Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline
Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)
Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.
Also included in the Halo 4 War Games Map Pass are two unique in-game helmets (‘Scanner’ and ‘Strider’) that feature new geometry, and an exclusive in-game emblem (‘Falcon’). The Halo 4 War Games Map Pass is included as part of the Limited Edition Halo 4 game.
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced Empty Re: Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:26 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:i dont think ill be getting the pass as its 2,000 MS points and you only get a 15% discount on the maps coming out so in the end i think it might be cheaper just to buy maps as they come out ..... cool idea still

How would purchasing them as they come out be cheaper exactly? It says that you save 15%. Purchasing the maps as they come out would result in 2300 microsoft points versus the 2000 for the season pass. That's what I'm getting out of it at least.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced Empty Re: Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:38 pm

see what i think is the 2,000ms is only for the pass .... if dlc is over 2,000 ms each thats over $20 bucks for maps i wont be getting any maps lol

but then again your right if people do buy all the DLC then go for it myself i hardly ever get all the dlc for halo , normally i buy like 2
map packs

i know for such a big halo fan buy to only buy 2 dlc its crazy!

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:52 pm

GameInformer wrote:With Halo 4's release just a few weeks away, Microsoft outlined the post-release content plans for the game. The War Games Map Pass gives you a 15 percent discount if you purchased all the upcoming maps individually.

That explains it a bit better. For Halo 3, I didn't buy all the map packs. The last one I didn't get. But for this, I figured that I could either buy 2 map packs individually for about 1600 Microsoft points... or I could just get all three for 2000 plus some extra armor items and an emblem. Even if I don't play the last pack much, I think it's still a good deal. HOWEVER, that purchasing decision won't really matter to me since the season pass comes with the Limited Edition, which I'm getting.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:11 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:see what i think is the 2,000ms is only for the pass .... if dlc is over 2,000 ms each thats over $20 bucks for maps i wont be getting any maps lol

Nope, that article says it's 2,000 MS Points for the 3 map packs.
They estimate buying them individually will cost about 15% more.

IE. each pack will cost ~750 MS Points.

I'm getting LE though, which is a sweet deal. I'm glad the map packs will be free for me.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:43 pm

AtrumX wrote:

I'm getting LE though, which is a sweet deal. I'm glad the map packs will be free for me.

are they free ? if so win as i have LE paid off
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Look at the last line of that big quote you posted in the OP.
Anyone that buys LE gets the war game map pass, which means you get the maps for free lol. Yay!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm

The pass comes with the Limited Edition. If you bought the Limited Edition, then you don't need to pay anything for the maps.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 pm

AtrumX wrote:Look at the last line of that big quote you posted in the OP.
Anyone that buys LE gets the war game map pass, which means you get the maps for free lol. Yay!

LOL! Sticky was like "Limited Edition Halo!"...

Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced Shut-up-and-take-my-money
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:05 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:

LOL! Sticky was like "Limited Edition Halo!"...

Halo 4 Map Packs, War Games Pass Announced Shut-up-and-take-my-money

dude that was my 2nd thought ...... my first is WTF no legendary edition!i would have paid for it again =)
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, lol.

I'm getting the LE too. No worries over here about the map packs.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Perfect picture Interseptor. Honestly I did the same thing. Decided I was excited for this Halo enough that I liked the better case and the 90 min video enough to throw some money at them.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down