Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo or Black Ops 2?

+11
S7 Coolhand
S7 Interseptor
DeadSockPuppet
S7 DROOPY
Pharaoh Amun Ra
S7 OC
S7 mrmiller
S7 Sticky
Xpert2010
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which game would you buy?

Halo or Black Ops 2? I_vote_lcap27%Halo or Black Ops 2? I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
Halo or Black Ops 2? I_vote_lcap73%Halo or Black Ops 2? I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 15

Halo or Black Ops 2? Empty Halo or Black Ops 2?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 pm

If you could only buy one game between these 2 which game would it be and why?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Halo or Black Ops 2? Empty Re: Halo or Black Ops 2?

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Halo. I only have time to get in decent hours for 1 game this fall.
I just like the Halo gameplay more. CoD is a blast and I might pick it up later, but I like the level of competition, gameplay, and community from Halo more.

The only thing that would make me get CoD is playing with the Clan. So Halo: I will get at launch regardless. CoD: If a lot of people in the clan get it and are doing regular practices, I'll probably get it to hang out with everyone and have an easy game to play.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Wooooo free reign!

I voted Halo 4 (who'da thunk, right?)

Why: Halo is a series that has been bringing a bunch of new features to each installment. You start off with Halo which was just a game with an awesome campaign and split screen multiplayer. Halo 2 took multiplayer to a new level by using Xbox Live. Halo 3 gave players the ability to create their own custom map and gametype creations with Forge mode and the ability to capture video of your favorite momments and share them with friends and the Halo community. And now Halo 4, from the small amount of videos that I've seen about it since I'm trying not to spoil too much for me, looks to be adding even more great features and also greatly improving on it's already high successful features. When a game is actually given time to be built and have features added to it to make it actually feel like a new game, then I'm all for it.

Now, I've actually played all of the recent Call of Duty games (at a friends house). And I'll admit that the zombie mode was pretty fun when I played it. However when I take to the single player, I'm just reminded of all of the other single player modern-war-like games out there. Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, etc basic story summary:
1.) Find out about terrorist leader
2.) Do a bunch of missions to get leads on where to find leader and co-leaders
3.) Team member is actually a bad guy OR a team member dies at hands of terrorist leader
4.) Kill terrorist leader
And then the multiplayer just feels like it's been the same thing since Call of Duty 4 with added perks.
Maybe if Call of Duty wasn't a yearly release, then maybe the gameplay would feel more fresh to me. If I knew that Call of Duty added many new features with each installment, then I'd be more than happy to get it. But right now it still feels like Call of Duty 4 with an added Zombie mode, which is not enough for me to throw $60 at the game, unfortunately. If you can tell me how Call of Duty has changed with each installment, then my views of the game may change.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Reading Xperts post reminded me of a big thing that influences my CoD pickup decisions:
I have felt (since CoD4) that the mp was always a little disappointing. Maybe it's the fun I had in MW, but When 5 came out I couldn't stand it, but played it a lot.
MW2 was better than 5, but I still didn't play it as much as 4. That being said it was still close, and felt great.
Blops was about equal to MW2. Still a step down from 4, but fun.
MW3, same thing. Weapons felt better than Blops, but it just wasn't up to the standard MW set.

Now BLOPS2 is coming out, and at this point I've lost faith that it will be anything but somewhat of a disappointment. Each new game should improve on the last, making it better than the others.

Halo 1 to 2 to 3 were all good. 3 had a lot of changes in gameplay, but had so many new features and customization that you could tweak it (and they had it tweaked in playlists) to where it played perfect.
Now Halo 4 looks to be adding a TON of new content, and on top of that is making the gameplay mechanics better than the previous games (back on par with 1/2 - possibly better)
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:39 pm

look im a BIG halo fan boy

but if your only able to buy one huskers i would pick Cod halo has never been a big thing in this clan other then way back in halo 2 ......

point and case this halo might be different but as far as track records go cod has always out last in the clan as far as amount of people playing it months after release
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 pm

I'll be getting both, but playing Black Ops for the long run. We are still playing MW3 to a fair degree, and the COD games do tend to go solid from year to year or release to release. I know that wears on some people, and they feel it is too much of the same, but if that is the case then we have played COD almost constantly since the release of COD4 and that speaks to it’s resiliency. To me COD works better for me as a more casual player, but if you think you are going to be more serious, then Halo may be the way to go. Halo seems to have the most serious followers who really try to get to a more elite level of play, while COD is more of the causal pick up and play game. I always feel there is a gap in the Halo community between those who are really good and those who are really bad with most all people falling on one side or the other and not much in-between. With COD I feel like there are still those extremely good and bad players, but there is more of a full spectrum of mediocre, OK, fair, and pretty good players filling the middle. I have not doubt they are both going to be good and would be worth your $60 if you have it.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm

I am very excited for both but if I had to pick only one it would be cod because not only do I get the mp that has been tweaked som but the kicker for me is the zombies and the different zombie modes.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm

I think it's fair to say that no matter which game you get, you'll have people in the clan to play with. I can completely see what miller means about the halo skill separation. Even at MLG events there are cliques of players who think they're better that don't talk to anyone they don't think is up to par.

Luckily we have a great clan and can pretty much 100% avoid that in any games we play.

I have a great feeling about this Halo. So I'll be on a lot.
This CoD also looks promising. Especially from a clan perspective.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

I'd say that I'd fall in the 'in-between' category on Halo. I'm not terrible at the game as I was usually one of the top 3 scorers at the end of a match, but I probably cannot compete with the Ultra MLG Competitors. lol.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm

AtrumX wrote:
I have a great feeling about this Halo. So I'll be on a lot.

I'll be there w/ ya Atrum.

My feeling about Halo is on par with that of Atrum and Xpert, so I’d pick Halo.

I’ll add that I simply cannot support COD this time around. CODs general lack of progression has disappointed me. As Xpert pointed out; perhaps, this is due to the yearly releases of COD we’re subjected to. The differences between BLOPS and MW3 are minimal at best and I fear the same will be true for BLOPS 2. I’m not a big fan of the zombie’s mode, so the choice was made simple for me as soon as Halo 4 was announced.

I look forward to the more competitive nature of Halo. I look forward to the revitalized Halo community. A community, I think, is more pleasant to play with.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm getting both! I would go with cod, Basicly agree with what miller said. I could go n for awhile about cod vs halo, but I'm not gonna. First off I'm more excited about halo, because they Finally changed the core multiplayer . All the halos are rush to the power weapons then go a try and win to me . Halo games are like ghost recon u try and play some of the modes without good clanmates/teammates it sucks. Cod doesnt suck as bad when you play it lone wolf style.Now halo got some really fun game modes and starting a match with a decent gun and not spending time running around trying to get a good weapon sounds awesome. All the halos are about the same, all the cod are about the same that's way they are not called by a different name. There would be a yearly halo release if it wasn't for the bungie vs Microsoft thing, don't kid yourself About that it all about the $$$. This halo looks like a winner and so does the cod. $60 for even one great night of s7 gaming is worth it to me , hell dinner and a movie for 2 is about $60, unless your $1 movieing and mcdoubling it. The above is just IMO and about the multiplayer, campaign, halo wins hands down, zombies I could give 2 shits about that
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:36 pm

I'll probably try to get both but most likely neither will be on release date because I don't have the time (too much work running a store) and not enough money (baby). I know neither of those will change soon but right now I'm enjoying SKYRIM!!! again and Forza starts again next week and with the little time I get each week I'll probably struggle to field a ride in Forza.

All that considered, if I had to pick one it will be Blops 2 for the zombies. I haven't really been a huge solo campaign fan (still haven't played the campaign for MW3) but I could play zombies a couple nights a year with S7 guys and get my money's worth. That being said, with all the new stuff in Halo 4 I may end up being swayed that way.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks for all the responses guys.

The reason I ask is that I might be getting one of these games, only because I'd like to have another game that most of the clan gets and will play regularly. After reading over everything it seems that Black Ops II will be more universally played. It also seems that the Halo community is a bit more serious about the competition and that's just not my style. I like to do well and help the team, but I don't want to take it so seriously.

So in the end, if I decide to get another game I guess I'll go for Black Ops II.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:It also seems that the Halo community is a bit more serious about the competition and that's just not my style. I like to do well and help the team, but I don't want to take it so seriously.

My custom game types (Duck Hunt, obstacle courses, Quidditch) would say otherwise!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 am

AtrumX wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:It also seems that the Halo community is a bit more serious about the competition and that's just not my style. I like to do well and help the team, but I don't want to take it so seriously.

My custom game types (Duck Hunt, obstacle courses, Quidditch) would say otherwise!

I hope they make Speed again. (Think that's what it's called). Where you run up the hill trying to dodge all of the objects that are rushing down the hill. So simple, yet fun. Why I love games like Halo and StarCraft. You have the serious matchmaking games, and then there are the extremely fun wide-variety of custom games that people create. It's nice to be able to have that in a game. Custom creations ftw!
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:59 am

@atrumx, I never got to play any of your custom game types or maps, unless you made the volleyball map for halo 2. They all sound badass and I've seen some of the maps you have made and they look awesome as well. I hope that I get to this time.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:35 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:
@atrumx, I never got to play any of your custom game types or maps, unless you made the volleyball map for halo 2. They all sound badass and I've seen some of the maps you have made and they look awesome as well. I hope that I get to this time.

Oh you'll enjoy them. There are so many crazy game types people have made. Mongoose races are a blast. The impossible jump courses are fun to. It's great jumping from ledge to ledge 1000ft over a map for 30 minutes and seeing everyone miss the last jump lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:48 pm

At least putting together a custom map looks a bit easier now, compared to Reach. A lot easier compared to Halo 3. I loved trying to evenly place objects next to each other in Halo 3, hearing the 'clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk' and then the object would go spaztic and ruin a setup. Good times. I can't wait to see what people will create in Halo 4.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:33 pm

I Agee one with Atrum and xpert one of the most fun things in previous halo games were just messing around playing custom games. It looks like they made it even easier to create some cool custom maps/game modes

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:06 pm

I know I am a little late to the party. I have been a little off all week. Anyway, If I were to have to choose and only pick one game, it would be Zombies 3. Which is a little surprising since I am pretty burnt out on COD games. In fact I didn't even buy MW3, it just didn't impress me. But with Zombies 3, you get fully reworked... wait of it... ZOMBIES!!!

Huge improvements for those keeping track. You get the Wave Zombie mode we all know and love plus and ALL NEW Zombie co-op campaign, and 4v4vZ MP mode! I think it would be worth $60 alone but you also get a game called Black Ops 2 that comes packaged on the same disk! It's 2 games for one!

Plus what everyone else said. You are very likely to have a good group of guys playing this game for the next year. Halo look incredible and I will be getting both but Halo has been hit or miss with the clan. This might be the big breakout we have been waiting for but it's too hard to say right now. Zombies 3 is a much safer bet if you had to choose only one.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm looking forward to that 4v4vZ mode, as it reminds me of the old Unreal, Doom, and Quake days when you could have monsters on or off when playing TDM. Should be fun.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 pm

halo will always be better then cod in my mind =)

but i still love both
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:26 pm

I did not vote because I think both will be great and I am getting both. I could not possibly choose one. Blops 2 will have a great base of players and of course endless hours of zombies. Halo 4 looks reinvented and I can't wait to get back to more of a Halo 2 style of play. Scrounge up a few extra bucks and grab both.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:00 pm

You guys really love zombies...

I'm just not into that game mode....
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by Abominatus Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:03 pm

COD 9.

Halo is Failo.

Why?

Game Modes

Escort, a new game mode
> Similar to Search and Destroy however a live player must be escorted to one of three areas (or two depending on the map) without being killed.
>The match will have rounds, consisting of one life only.
Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return
Team Defender and Infected will not return

Pointstreaks

Will follow from Modern Warfare 3’s system
Larger emphasis on objectives
> A bomb plant is worth 2 points
> A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
> A flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2
The Specialist Pointstreak has be modified
> 2 kills now gets you 1 perk
> The 4th kill gets you 2 more perks

> The 6th kill gets you 3 more perks

> The 8th Kill gets you 4 more perks

> You do not get every perk when you reach 8 kills
> Perks only become “Pro” when you have them Pro
RC XD will not return
Heat vision
> Is a new Pointstreak reward
> When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon.
> This scopes main advantage is it’s ability to detect enemies through most walls.
> Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns
Item Packages
> Requires 5 points
> Fall along side care packages and air drop traps.
> Features a list of package items only
> Including ammo, mini gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, and body armor

Prestiges

There will be 15 prestiges
There will be 50 ranks
Every two prestiges there is a 5 rank increase
The final prestige has 90 levels

ELITE 2.0

ELITE is being fully incorporated into Black Ops 2
Combat record has been modified and re-named as ELITE Stats
There will be a specific lobby for clan matches (new way of leveling clans)
Clan Tournaments can now be implemented

Removed

No MOAB or Nuke
No last stand
No death streaks
No flame thrower attachment
No Quickscoping

Map Design

Map design and size will be following Black Ops not Modern Warfare 3

Sniper Rifles

Improved sniper rifle usage.
No aim assist for any sniper rifle.
Less sway

Customization

No longer just perk 1 chooses the players appearance
Appearance is a combination of all perks and type of Pointstreak being used.

Hardcore

Larger emphasis on hardcore than ever before
No grenade launchers
Only vehicle guided rocket launchers permitted
Respawn timings decreased (for most modes)
1 bullet in the foot will no longer kill a person, a head or chest shot is usually required.
A person will now bleed out if severely injured.

Perk System 2.0

The Perk Pro system has been upgraded
There is now 2 options a perk can advance to.
Both require different challenges to unlock
Once the desired Pro version is unlocked, the player can select that as their “Perk Pro”.
Once selected, the only way to choose the other option is by entering prestige mode.
For example Perk slot 1 has the perk called Speed
Speed – Reduces the time taken to aim down the sight
> Pro I – Swaps weapons faster
> Pro II – Throws equipment faster

Combat Training

Will be returning with vast improvements.
Difficulty is no longer based on how long the bots take to start shooting.
Bots now have an advance AI system
Similar to the behavior seen in the MW3 Spec Ops survival
Abominatus
Abominatus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next