Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The McCooL Black OPS Challenge "once u go black u never go back"

+5
S7 Vision67
S7 Sticky
S7 Interseptor
S7 Panzer
S7 DROOPY
9 posters

Go down

The McCooL Black OPS Challenge "once u go black u never go back" Empty The McCooL Black OPS Challenge "once u go black u never go back"

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm

I know the game isn't even out yet and we don't have a game commander yet, but I have got a idea about the future S7 CODBO tourneys. I've struggle with how to make the tourneys team based and give prizes to the whole team. IMO the team tourneys are more fun and more fair, I can't be just giving stinky, opps sticky, all the prizes. So here is My Idea, tell me what ya think.

first off Ill need at least 10 people to play and if we have enough people that want in then we can set up early and late night tourneys.
here it is:

1st: $20 to $25 entry fee, the more people that play the lower the fee will be
each entry will receive two numbers, or maybe just one, of their choice (1-99 ) ex 22 and 65, I have a lottery app on my iphone that can pick 2 numbers out of Xnumbers that will be webcast at the the end of the tourney via internet or xbl showing the winning numbers. if people have the same number then they will be put into the winners circle and numbers will be ran again until their other numbers pop up or a number between 1-10 will be pick by them and first one with the winning number wins

these numbers will be used in the grand prize lottery for a NEW XBOX 360 Slim with HD(with gift receipt)
other prizes may be also include, depending on turnout

3 team based tournys and one loser bracket free for all or team death match (catch up game)

the whole winning team of each team tourney will receive an additional number for the lotto

losers braket game will be the people that where on the losing team the most and either the whole winning team gets a number or the top 3-4 gets a number

game mode to be determined when the game comes out LoL
if we have enough people that wanna play the we can have 3 day and 3 night tourneys, Ill need some help if we do that.

This is just an idea I had, so please add your commets. I think it would be fun plus you'll have like a <1:25 chance of getting a new 360 for 20 -$25
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

The McCooL Black OPS Challenge "once u go black u never go back" Empty Re: The McCooL Black OPS Challenge "once u go black u never go back"

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Don't forget the Zombie "see how long you can last" tourneys OMG loved those.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

The McCooL Black OPS Challenge "once u go black u never go back" Empty Re: The McCooL Black OPS Challenge "once u go black u never go back"

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:26 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:Don't forget the Zombie "see how long you can last" tourneys OMG loved those.

ya...I love zombies in movies and most games, just not a big fan of cod zombies, so someone else will have to promote and hold those tourneys, sorry panz Sad
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 am

Oh don't worry my fellow Zombie killers. Zombie Challenge Tournys will be making a return with CODBO! As well as full record book to keep track of every new zombie record. The record book should go live with the launch of the game and I will be hosting a Zombie Challenge Launch Tourney for the opening weekend of the game. Details will follow so stay tuned.

P.S. And don't worry Droopy, you'll learn to love COD Zombies if you stay around this group long enough. The Challenge Tourneys are a blast!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:18 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Oh don't worry my fellow Zombie killers. Zombie Challenge Tournys will be making a return with CODBO! As well as full record book to keep track of every new zombie record. The record book should go live with the launch of the game and I will be hosting a Zombie Challenge Launch Tourney for the opening weekend of the game. Details will follow so stay tuned.

P.S. And don't worry Droopy, you'll learn to love COD Zombies if you stay around this group long enough. The Challenge Tourneys are a blast!

word up

but "WHERE'S THE BOX"
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:50 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:Don't forget the Zombie "see how long you can last" tourneys OMG loved those.

Don't worry Panzer. I have it on good authority that I last longer than you do.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 pm

DROOPYmcC00L wrote:I know the game isn't even out yet and we don't have a game commander yet, but I have got a idea about the future S7 CODBO tourneys. I've struggle with how to make the tourneys team based and give prizes to the whole team. IMO the team tourneys are more fun and more fair, I can't be just giving stinky, opps sticky, all the prizes. So here is My Idea, tell me what ya think.

first off Ill need at least 10 people to play and if we have enough people that want in then we can set up early and late night tourneys.
here it is:

1st: $20 to $25 entry fee, the more people that play the lower the fee will be
each entry will receive two numbers, or maybe just one, of their choice (1-99 ) ex 22 and 65, I have a lottery app on my iphone that can pick 2 numbers out of Xnumbers that will be webcast at the the end of the tourney via internet or xbl showing the winning numbers. if people have the same number then they will be put into the winners circle and numbers will be ran again until their other numbers pop up or a number between 1-10 will be pick by them and first one with the winning number wins

these numbers will be used in the grand prize lottery for a NEW XBOX 360 Slim with HD(with gift receipt)
other prizes may be also include, depending on turnout

3 team based tournys and one loser bracket free for all or team death match (catch up game)

the whole winning team of each team tourney will receive an additional number for the lotto

losers braket game will be the people that where on the losing team the most and either the whole winning team gets a number or the top 3-4 gets a number

game mode to be determined when the game comes out LoL
if we have enough people that wanna play the we can have 3 day and 3 night tourneys, Ill need some help if we do that.

This is just an idea I had, so please add your commets. I think it would be fun plus you'll have like a <1:25 chance of getting a new 360 for 20 -$25

Sounds like a great idea droopy. Some of it sounds a little confusing, but I'm prolly just not reading it right... I'd be down to play.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:41 am

Yeah the rules kinda confused me too but I'm more of a "along for the ride" guy. Thanks for organizing it once again Droopy!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

sorry for the confusion, basicly for every team tourney(3) the winning team players win another number of their choice to be entered into the "lotto"

the losers bracket, (1) tourney, will be all the players that haven't been on the winning team in the team tourneys. this is so thay can get another lotto number

example
sticky plays, he gets two numbers for entering the contest and then he is on the winning team on all three of the tourneys, so he gets an additional 3 numbers for a total of 5 numbers to be entering in the lotto.

example 2 I play and for entering the contest I get two numbers but Im on the losing team all three time and get no additional numbers. I then play the "losers" game and finish on the loseing team, and still don't get an additional number, but if I was on the winning team then I would have got one more number for a total of 3

so the people on the winning team the most will have the best chance to win
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Sound cool. Everyone should keep in mind that there is a $20-$25 entry fee if I am reading this correctly. Small price for a chance to win a new 360 but you should still be aware.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Ya the more people that wanna play the cheaper it wil cost or the more additional prizes will be included. Also this is just a rough draft, if any of you guys have any ideas or other ways to do something like this, please post them

The amount of numbers obtained,how, set of and numbers used are probably change some what
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Sounds cool - thanks for clarifying. Makes sense now - count me in of course.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:14 pm

You could also lower the entrance fee and offer kinect as a prize. Just an idea.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Ok guys I've been pondering on a way to get a super big , whole clan black ops tourney going. And this is Just an Idea and would have to be approved of by the game commanders and etc.

The Tourney would be 3 game types 3 matchs each and you would play all 9 matchs or it could be 6 matchs of domantion and 3 of team deathmatch but all that to be decided later

idea:
I was thinking about maybe having a Day and Night combo tourney with a $10 entery fee and a kinect for the main prize. Hers is how that would play out. everybody pays $10 entry fee, we have a day tourney and a night one. people can only play in one. prize will be won lotto style. each person will receive one random number of their choosing from 1-50 for their entry fee. and every winning MATCH that your team wins, you will receive another lotto number of your choice. so: You enter tourney, you get one lotto number, You play domintaion and your team wins 2 matchs and loses 1, you play hQ and you win 2 matchs and lose 1, you play teamdeath match and lose 2 rounds and win 1 . you and your team would receive the fallowing; one lotto number for the entry, two lotto numbers for domination, two lotto numbers for hq and one for teamdeath match. for a total of six lotto numbers. ex, 4, 14, 26, 37, 42, 23, then the winning lotto numbers would com from app I have on Iphone. winning lotto numbers would be 5 random 1-50 numbers and the person who has the 2 or more would win. so winning lotto number was 14, 32,49, 37,49. I would win unless someone else has more winning numbers or the same amount, if people have the same amount they will move to 2nd winning number lotto, where first person to have any of the numbers wins.
all numbers would be sent to me or someone else, and someone else would pic my numbers. Of course we can make it where when you enter the tourne you pic 10 numbers of your choice and put it on the forums and then when tourney is over the amount of numbers you won (example abouve would be 6) are the ones that are vaild in the lotto.

ex. Im in DROOPYmcC00L my numbers are 12, 18, 26, 29, 32, 37, 49, 43, 3, 11, i won six numbers in the tourney example above so only the bold ones are my numbers

a $25 bestbuy gift card will be given away also and other smaller prizes would be included also, and maybe a small prize for both winning teams if the turnout is high. FYI instead of a kinect for people that have one $100 gift card. all that clear? LOL. anyway the way I figure it you can only get 10 numbers and that is if ya go undefeted and win all three game types by 3-0. and if we don't get at least 16 people to play then the prize will be gift card for the amount of entry fees
I have already set up a seperate paypal account for just the clann and entry fees will be taken that way. I'll eat the paypal fee's and the kinect will be ordered and shipped by amazon or other store.

So that was long and What ya think? If your remotely interested let me know by responding something

S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Sounds cool, but in the past anytime you had to get someone to pay for something like an entry fee doesn't work. Too many people are last minute, or afraid they will not be able to make it. Not to be a downer, as it's a cool idea, I just don't think you will get the turnout (paying wise) to make it work. My 2 cents.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Interesting - so in your example you won 5 games and lost 4 and got 1 entry just by participating for a total of 6 entries from your list of 10. Cool. Count me in. Not sure about the day and night tournys - can we get enough people at each?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:41 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote: Interesting - so in your example you won 5 games and lost 4 and got 1 entry just by participating for a total of 6 entries from your list of 10.
correct! And IDK about getting enough for both day and night both we would need at least 5 vs 5 teams, and I would need someone to be the host for the day, If we just have one late night one , we would need at least 12 people.
Oh and I here ya miller this is just something that I thought would be fun! Even though I've never even won a prize in my own tourneys, lol , plus if ya look at this way, if ya do any good at all you got a pretty good chance at winning a kinect or other prize for the price of one movie ticket. The only thing I don't really like about this idea is you could be on the loading team and still win, but it's more about increasing your chances of winning the more ya win in game
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:09 pm

I like the idea - we should give it a go. But are you going to try and collect fees before hand only or will the late signups be allowed to participate before receipt of their payment? $10 for a great night of fun is a small price IMHO but not everyone is in the same boat. I also think doing 2 tourny sessions for the same tourny would be difficult, but whatever you think sounds good. Love the enthusiasm
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:00 pm

I think that people that show up late can still get in on the fun, but once they have decided to be in the tourney they are to expected to honor the $ for admission and be able to pay it by the fallowing monday. And if they choose not to pay then I guess they will be no longer be eligible to win any of the prizes that I throw down in any tourneys. The $ is just to cover 80-100% of the cost of the kinect I'll be throwing in some other stuff as well, plus this way it kinda amps up the game when everybody has a good chance of winning , not only the winning team, and they have $10 on the line,
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:05 pm

all i know is to much to read...but you do a kick ass time every time so i am in senor droopy
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:28 pm

DROOPYmcC00L wrote:The $ is just to cover 80-100% of the cost of the kinect I'll be throwing in some other stuff as well, plus this way it kinda amps up the game when everybody has a good chance of winning , not only the winning team, and they have $10 on the line,
Totally feel you on the lottery system. I'm not saying we should give the prize to a loser all the time, but it would be cool to still have a slim chance and winning the jackpot even though you were stuck on the team that just couldn't get it done. And if the teams are well matched, the match scores are close, and neither team is able to breakaway... that would be interesting too since everyone would end up with a decent chance at winning.

I don't think every tourny should be this way though; sometimes we can do the winning team plays FFA to find a winner as we have before, or top score on that team, or a random number on that team like last time, but it's cool to switch it up too.

This new system would make for some cool tournys with unpredicatble outcomes - in theory it would promote team play to get the "W" rather than individual stats - I predict fun no matter what.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Totally agree with everything ya said coolhand, this is just something I would like to try. I think all the tourneys we've had have been awesome and pretty fair... Well except the last one my team got rocked lol . They are always a blast
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down