Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again.

+2
Atrum
S7 Wiggles1778
6 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again. Empty Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again.

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:19 am

143 races and 4 years without a win... (in the batmobile, kinda)
Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again. Dark-knight-rises-car

Long story short, it's been a LONG time since Junior won a race... and after as good as he ran last week at Pocono...
This could have realistically been 2 wins in a row.

Junior sits 2nd in Points, (only 4 off the leader)
12 Top 10's (in 16 races) which is as many as he did ALL of last year (36 races)
Only driver to complete every lap this year (so far)

I think we can honestly say, if Junior stays at this pace, this could be his best chance to win a championship...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again. Empty Re: Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again.

Post by Atrum Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 am

Is 12 out of 16 top 10's impressive? I don't watch at all ever.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again. Empty Re: Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again.

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:58 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:143 races and 4 years without a win... (in the batmobile, kinda)
Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally wins again. Dark-knight-rises-car

Long story short, it's been a LONG time since Junior won a race... and after as good as he ran last week at Pocono...
This could have realistically been 2 wins in a row.

Junior sits 2nd in Points, (only 4 off the leader)
12 Top 10's (in 16 races) which is as many as he did ALL of last year (36 races)
Only driver to complete every lap this year (so far)

I think we can honestly say, if Junior stays at this pace, this could be his best chance to win a championship...

It's about time he actually is earning the praise that's been dumped on him for years. If his name wasn't Dale Earnhardt Jr he'd be just another B list driver. With that said he has had a great year THIS YEAR so far and I will give him credit for that.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by racecardriver23 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:21 pm

It's good to see him finally get another win, he actually deserves it the way he's been running this year.
racecardriver23
racecardriver23
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : racecardriver23

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Chippy Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:17 am

I was happy for Dale Jr and the win was bitter sweet he could of ran laps around all the drivers lol. I am a big fan of his it was a good race and nothing bad happen to his car like run out of gas or someone come out of nowhere and beats him or crashes. I agree wiggles this could be his chance at winning a championship. He does have a lot of pressure cuz of his Name being Dale Earnhardt jr. He kinda wants to slide out of that picture which is hard for him. He also needs to be more Aggressive on the track. I always respect him because he does well in his intviews and I could only image how hard it must of been hard for four years saying we are a good team we got to win races. That's a lot of pressure there also. He is tens times better then Kyle Bush minus the wins but attitude wise and how he talks to people. I read an article on my phone that Dale stated he is the better Hendrick driver. He is this year but I wouldn't go that far Jimmie Johnson five cups wins Dam that's hard to top. Also it's kinda ironic he wins in a black car.
S7 Chippy
S7 Chippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : ChipN3gan | Xbox One |

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:29 am

S7 Chippy wrote:I read an article on my phone that Dale stated he is the better Hendrick driver.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but in my opinion I find it hard to believe that he said that. If he meant just this year then I can almost agree with it considering how he's been driving, but to say he's better than one driver that won 5 championships and another that has won 4 championships would be a surprise to me. He doesn't say things like that. He's always been extremely humble.

I really think he wants to be known as Dale Earnhardt, Jr., not just Dale Earnhardt's son, winning a championship would immediately separate him from that as far as I'm concerned. I've always thought he was "good", but a championship would put him among the elite, and that's really what matters in sports. Nobody remembers who finished 2nd.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Chippy Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:42 am

Find the statement husk I wouldn't lie but I agree with what you said he said this back in April.
Here's the full article

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2012-06-19/dale-earnhardt-jr-hendrick-motorsports-jimmie-johnson

“(Johnson) is a hell of a racecar driver,” Earnhardt said at the time. “But I feel like I’m the best. … I feel that I’m smarter than everybody and I can drive better than everybody—and I know a lot of people ain’t going to agree with that, but I feel pretty strong about it.”

S7 Chippy
S7 Chippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:46 am

S7 Chippy wrote:Find the statement husk I wouldn't lie but I agree with what you said he said this back in April.
Here's the full article

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2012-06-19/dale-earnhardt-jr-hendrick-motorsports-jimmie-johnson

“(Johnson) is a hell of a racecar driver,” Earnhardt said at the time. “But I feel like I’m the best. … I feel that I’m smarter than everybody and I can drive better than everybody—and I know a lot of people ain’t going to agree with that, but I feel pretty strong about it.”

Wow, I'm honestly surprised he said something like that.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Chippy Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Me too husk like you said he's a humble person i still respect him and he'll always be my favorite driver. maybe he was mad at time or just wanted to spark some people up.
S7 Chippy
S7 Chippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:32 am

I would think any pro athlete thinks that way. Most of sports at that level is mental and if you think you are the best well then dog gone it you just might be the best.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down