Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters

+6
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 K1ll3rKlown
DeadSockPuppet
Atrum
S7 KnightOwl
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters - Page 2 Empty Re: rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:13 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:Why is "glitching/exploiting/cheating" even an option on the XBL complaint then? MS won't monitor every game, so why do they give a sh1t? Why can't they provide that data to the game studio? There is a system in place already, but maybe a breakdown in communication between those companies. I don't see why my expectation that they would share cheating complaints is so far fetched. I do like their "cheater island" idea though.

Well M$ does ban people from XBL. That feature is there for them, not the publishers. It's just not built that way. There is no way to tell what you are specifically complaining about. But if enough complaints come in I am sure they take a close look. Even so, it is still an XBL thing. Think about it, you can still file a complaint against someone while you are sitting at the dashboard, it's not game specific.
I realize its not game specific but you could still pull a spreadsheet with that data and refine it by game and provide that to the publisher. I don't see why that would be so tough.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters - Page 2 Empty Re: rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:Why is "glitching/exploiting/cheating" even an option on the XBL complaint then? MS won't monitor every game, so why do they give a sh1t? Why can't they provide that data to the game studio? There is a system in place already, but maybe a breakdown in communication between those companies. I don't see why my expectation that they would share cheating complaints is so far fetched. I do like their "cheater island" idea though.

Well M$ does ban people from XBL. That feature is there for them, not the publishers. It's just not built that way. There is no way to tell what you are specifically complaining about. But if enough complaints come in I am sure they take a close look. Even so, it is still an XBL thing. Think about it, you can still file a complaint against someone while you are sitting at the dashboard, it's not game specific.
I realize its not game specific but you could still pull a spreadsheet with that data and refine it by game and provide that to the publisher. I don't see why that would be so tough.

I have no clue how they do it but it could be that since it's just reported through Xbox Live and not the actual game itself they may not know what game is being played at the time of the report...although with technology being how it is I'd be surprised if they didn't have that linked somehow.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:12 am

I would make more sense that to have each publisher develop their own complaint system, ya know?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:42 pm

What if you filed a complaint while sitting on the dashboard?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:24 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I would make more sense that to have each publisher develop their own complaint system, ya know?

Yes, absolutely it would.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 pm

in an ideal online gaming world yeah it would but the better part would be that they follow up on the complaints and look into the issue.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:23 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:What if you filed a complaint while sitting on the dashboard?
I understand your point and concede that the current form is lacking sophistication with regard to what you are playing when you complain or if at dashboard what game it was you were complaining about. I still feel MS should be the ones leading this effort and that they should create (or fix) a central xbox wide complaint system. This is similar to another peeve of mine: having to create an account on the website of each publisher and sync them up with my GT. Maybe it's just the Democrat in me wanting an efficient centralized system instead of 50 extremely similar ones, but in this case I think it makes good sense.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:14 am

S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2