Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters

+6
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 K1ll3rKlown
DeadSockPuppet
Atrum
S7 KnightOwl
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters Empty rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters

Post by S7 KnightOwl Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:41 pm

S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters Empty Re: rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters

Post by Atrum Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Sweet. I'm also a fan of Bungie's Ban Hammer. I like the idea of throwing cheaters in their own playlist.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters Empty Re: rockstar games has a plan to deal with cheaters

Post by S7 KnightOwl Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:40 pm

I agree with you atrum, if you want to cheat go play with everyone else that cheats and see how much fun it is.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:15 am

Both of these are excellent solutions and I think that if these bastards get caught and they were intentionally cheating they should be kept out of the regular rooms forever. You cheat, you forever play with the cheaters. Also, they should go a step further, you cheat in one Rockstar game, you get stuck in the cheaters room for all of their games.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Both of these are excellent solutions and I think that if these bastards get caught and they were intentionally cheating they should be kept out of the regular rooms forever. You cheat, you forever play with the cheaters. Also, they should go a step further, you cheat in one Rockstar game, you get stuck in the cheaters room for all of their games.

Would be nice, provided they were only sent to the 'cheater list' for legitimately cheating. Obviously it'd be lame if me and the forza group could get bored and decide to all send klown feedback for cheating and get him sent there lol!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:56 am

AtrumX wrote: Obviously it'd be lame if me and the forza group could get bored and decide to all send klown feedback for cheating and get him sent there lol!

Yeah this is a novel idea, but the problem is people will also report those that are "better" than they are.
Players are somethimes really good and people will collectively say the last guy was cheating because he couldn't have killed us all so much...let's all send him to the cheater's pool. So there will be a few shipped off incorrectly.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:00 pm

I imagine they will be a bit more strict regarding those who get sent to the cheaters pool and not just taking gamer feedback into account. I would think that there would need to be 100% proof that somebody cheated, i.e. video and/or screenshot proving it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:15 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:I imagine they will be a bit more strict regarding those who get sent to the cheaters pool and not just taking gamer feedback into account. I would think that there would need to be 100% proof that somebody cheated, i.e. video and/or screenshot proving it.

Correct. Visual proof is required. I heard them say that on a video interview somewhere. IGN I think.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 pm

That being the case, I don't like it. I feel they are pushing too much responsibility on the players. It's a cop out. If you want someone to be banned you'll need to record his illegal activities. Problem is, you don't know when a person will break out the cheat codes, so what if you didn't record every single match? Then you missed it and "hexx0r elite01" jumps from room to room cheating at will and virtually unpunished because he cheats only every 4th game. Forcing players to record nearly every match. Don't know about you but I don't get paid by them to police their lobbies. I prefer the thought that if enough random people said a guy named "S7 Interseptor" was cheating...he must be so ban his arse!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:48 pm

I think Bungie really does a good job now. When you compare the rampant cheating in Halo 2, Halo 3 by comparison had almost no cheating.
And even in Halo 3 I had a run in with Bungie staff because my connection was terrible yet I was still slaughtering teams so I was 'on their radar' for potential network manipulation.
Didn't get banned or anything but received an email about a week after talking to one of them saying they had gone over my data and I was good to go.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:10 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:That being the case, I don't like it. I feel they are pushing too much responsibility on the players. It's a cop out. If you want someone to be banned you'll need to record his illegal activities. Problem is, you don't know when a person will break out the cheat codes, so what if you didn't record every single match? Then you missed it and "hexx0r elite01" jumps from room to room cheating at will and virtually unpunished because he cheats only every 4th game. Forcing players to record nearly every match. Don't know about you but I don't get paid by them to police their lobbies. I prefer the thought that if enough random people said a guy named "S7 Interseptor" was cheating...he must be so ban his arse!

It's not completely up to the players. There is stuff going on behinds the scenes too. Like Atrum said with Bungie but video proof will definitely get you banned too. Also cheating while playing a game with Rockstar programmer etc... and many more things. Also investigations into complaints by players. But no gets banned just because some says "that guy is a cheater". And that is how it should be in my opinion.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:24 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote: I prefer the thought that if enough random people said a guy named "S7 Interseptor" was cheating...he must be so ban his arse!

And that's why the justice system is screwed up, sending innocent people to death row when enough people say 'yep, he did it' with practically no evidence.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:That being the case, I don't like it. I feel they are pushing too much responsibility on the players. It's a cop out. If you want someone to be banned you'll need to record his illegal activities. Problem is, you don't know when a person will break out the cheat codes, so what if you didn't record every single match? Then you missed it and "hexx0r elite01" jumps from room to room cheating at will and virtually unpunished because he cheats only every 4th game. Forcing players to record nearly every match. Don't know about you but I don't get paid by them to police their lobbies. I prefer the thought that if enough random people said a guy named "S7 Interseptor" was cheating...he must be so ban his arse!

Yup, we know he is a cheater...nobody can Knife fu like that without cheating!
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:37 pm

The article mentioned trying to get visual proof to substantiate claims:

To round up the troublemakers, Rockstar is asking players who spot a cheater to email with the platform, Gamertag, description of the violation and a video or a screenshot if possible.

I think in cases with visual proof that a permaban should be instituted. That's what I meant in my previous post. I obviously don't want a system that's so easy that any "child" can report someone and get them banned.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:13 pm

I understand, but they say you'll need to "email with the platform, Gamertag, description of the violation and a video or a screenshot if possible." we as gamers are just too lazy to do this much work constantly. You may do this once, but will soon get tired of doing so much. Instead we'll most likely just see it and bail from the room.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I understand, but they say you'll need to "email with the platform, Gamertag, description of the violation and a video or a screenshot if possible." we as gamers are just too lazy to do this much work constantly. You may do this once, but will soon get tired of doing so much. Instead we'll most likely just see it and bail from the room.
Yep, that is bogus making you send them an email with evidence. They should just do their own jobs instead of requiring me to take the time to do it for them. What the hell is the XBL console "File Complaint" option for if not this? Why do I bother with that? If they aren't going to look at those complaints then why would I think they will take more time to look at my whiny email? If x many people file a complaint with the system that is already in place that should trigger someone to monitor that player for a few games and see what he is doing. I'm all for punishing cheaters, but asking me to take time out of gaming to email screenshots to them is ridiculous.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 pm

I think it makes sense. I think of Chromehounds and how my feedback is now below 50% positive. We didn't talk trash, cheese, or anything like that. We were just good and won a lot of games. People on XBL will do anything they can to 'win' in their own head.
So what it comes down to is losing teams will often file complaints against the top player/s on the other team saying they were cheating. They know they weren't, but just want to vent.
So adding the extra steps is a good way to have a 'barrier' between whiny kids and real complaints.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:
S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I understand, but they say you'll need to "email with the platform, Gamertag, description of the violation and a video or a screenshot if possible." we as gamers are just too lazy to do this much work constantly. You may do this once, but will soon get tired of doing so much. Instead we'll most likely just see it and bail from the room.
Yep, that is bogus making you send them an email with evidence. They should just do their own jobs instead of requiring me to take the time to do it for them. What the hell is the XBL console "File Complaint" option for if not this? Why do I bother with that? If they aren't going to look at those complaints then why would I think they will take more time to look at my whiny email? If x many people file a complaint with the system that is already in place that should trigger someone to monitor that player for a few games and see what he is doing. I'm all for punishing cheaters, but asking me to take time out of gaming to email screenshots to them is ridiculous.

If you file a complaint on XLB for user xXn00bXx using the "file complaint" button, how the hell is Rockstar supposed to know that person is cheating in their game? That complaint goes to M$ not Rockstar.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:28 pm

AtrumX wrote:I think it makes sense. I think of Chromehounds and how my feedback is now below 50% positive. We didn't talk trash, cheese, or anything like that. We were just good and won a lot of games. People on XBL will do anything they can to 'win' in their own head.
So what it comes down to is losing teams will often file complaints against the top player/s on the other team saying they were cheating. They know they weren't, but just want to vent.
So adding the extra steps is a good way to have a 'barrier' between whiny kids and real complaints.

I was about to say the same thing. My rep is also poor because of sore losers on ChromeHounds. We were just too good. I remember after each match I would check my rep to see if I got 'disliked'. If I saw my rep go down after a match, I would give the opposing team bad feedback as well.
PS: Tie Bomber ftw
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:11 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:

If you file a complaint on XLB for user xXn00bXx using the "file complaint" button, how the hell is Rockstar supposed to know that person is cheating in their game? That complaint goes to M$ not Rockstar.

Thats why Rockstar should impliment filling a coplaint through their own games interface, that would be the most direct path to take. not to mention its would make it less work for their gaming comunity to file a complaint. So if xXn00bXx gets 10 complaints then his account gets monitored and if they find him guilty of cheating then he gets banned to the cheater lobby. Its an inovative idea to put the cheaters in their own lobby, I just think the process of proving someone is a cheater needs to be refined.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:24 pm

I guess my point is that at least they are doing something and for their efforts, people are sitting around complaining it's not easy enough to report cheaters. It may not be perfect but at least there is an avenue to pursue. Better than nothing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 am

S7 KnightOwl wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:

Thats why Rockstar should impliment filling a coplaint through their own games interface, that would be the most direct path to take. not to mention its would make it less work for their gaming comunity to file a complaint. So if xXn00bXx gets 10 complaints then his account gets monitored and if they find him guilty of cheating then he gets banned to the cheater lobby. Its an inovative idea to put the cheaters in their own lobby, I just think the process of proving someone is a cheater needs to be refined.
Why is "glitching/exploiting/cheating" even an option on the XBL complaint then? MS won't monitor every game, so why do they give a sh1t? Why can't they provide that data to the game studio? There is a system in place already, but maybe a breakdown in communication between those companies. I don't see why my expectation that they would share cheating complaints is so far fetched. I do like their "cheater island" idea though.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:I guess my point is that at least they are doing something and for their efforts, people are sitting around complaining it's not easy enough to report cheaters. It may not be perfect but at least there is an avenue to pursue. Better than nothing.

This is exactly what I think. At least someone is saying that they plan on trying to aggressively fight cheating, even if they're asking gamers to do the leg work.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:Why is "glitching/exploiting/cheating" even an option on the XBL complaint then? MS won't monitor every game, so why do they give a sh1t? Why can't they provide that data to the game studio? There is a system in place already, but maybe a breakdown in communication between those companies. I don't see why my expectation that they would share cheating complaints is so far fetched. I do like their "cheater island" idea though.

Well M$ does ban people from XBL. That feature is there for them, not the publishers. It's just not built that way. There is no way to tell what you are specifically complaining about. But if enough complaints come in I am sure they take a close look. Even so, it is still an XBL thing. Think about it, you can still file a complaint against someone while you are sitting at the dashboard, it's not game specific.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:47 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:
Well M$ does ban people from XBL. That feature is there for them, not the publishers. It's just not built that way. There is no way to tell what you are specifically complaining about. But if enough complaints come in I am sure they take a close look. Even so, it is still an XBL thing. Think about it, you can still file a complaint against someone while you are sitting at the dashboard, it's not game specific.

Just ask Wiggles about his MSCustomerServ experience... Twisted Evil
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next