Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's getting this game?

+5
S7 DROOPY
S7 Zalacious
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Coolhand
S7 Smack
9 posters

Go down

Will you be buying this off the Marketplace?

Who's getting this game? I_vote_lcap44%Who's getting this game? I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Who's getting this game? I_vote_lcap56%Who's getting this game? I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Who's getting this game? Empty Who's getting this game?

Post by S7 Smack Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 pm

What's up guys IDK who's really excited about this but I was a huge fan and I still am, especially after reading IGN's haands-on it looks like Raare has thrown in a few surprises for those that wished Goldeneye would have made it to the xbox live. Reaqd the article and then vote and post on whether you will be getting this or not I was just curious.

Perfect Dark XBLA Hands-on

An old classic gets an impressive makeover - as well as a handful of new surprises.

by Martin Robinson

LATEST IMAGES
Who's getting this game? Perfect-dark-20100212102544032_thumb_ign
IGN.ImageLoader.delayByView("thumbImg1", "http://media.ignimgs.com/media/thumb/313/3130383/perfect-dark-20100212102544032_thumb_ign.jpg");
Who's getting this game? Perfect-dark-20100212102533908_thumb_ign
IGN.ImageLoader.delayByView("thumbImg2", "http://media.ignimgs.com/media/thumb/313/3130382/perfect-dark-20100212102533908_thumb_ign.jpg");

View all 18 images LATEST VIDEO
Who's getting this game? Perfectd_gmp_infiltrate_021_qthighwide_thumb_ign
IGN.ImageLoader.delayByView("thumbVid1", "http://media.ignimgs.com/media/thumb/312/3129892/perfectd_gmp_infiltrate_021_qthighwide_thumb_ign.jpg");
View all 3 videos

showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));document.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : '');
February 11, 2010 - Perfect Dark's a modern classic – that's without doubt, a fact backed up by the game grabbing third place in our run-down of the top 25 N64 games, the only titles pipping it being the superlative pairing of Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. It's a classic that hasn't aged well however; coming during the N64's twilight years, it's ambition clearly outstripped the console's processing power, and even strapping on an expansion pack didn't make Perfect Dark any more generous with its frame rate.

To see the game running at a searing 1080p that's matched by a near constant 60 frames per second (there's the occasional slowdown when the smoke effects come into play, but hey, it wouldn't be Perfect Dark if it run totally smoothly) is to see the game how it was intended, and it's a magnificent sight. Rare's eccentric vision, equal parts Bond, Philip K Dick and Mamoru Oshii, is served brilliantly, ensuring that despite its age it's still a handsome game.

It's much more than a fresh lick of paint, as Perfect Dark's in-game models have also been bolstered to help them weather the move to HD. Character models that were originally 300 polygons now boast 3500, while guns have leapt from 150 polygons to nearer 2000.

And underneath those good looks is a game that's remarkably faithful to the original template, even down to the inclusion of some of the quirkier bugs that made it into the N64 build; an oversight that allowed players to speed run the Chicago Streets level is present and correct, so those who know every inch of the code will find few surprises here.

The move to dual sticks has also been handled well. In the name of fidelity to the original the right stick doesn't offer true analogue control, instead mimicking the camera button set-up of the N64. It means the snappy nature of Perfect Dark's movement is maintained, and to this day the speed of the action is something that sets it apart from the shooter crowd.

Some slight concessions have been made – two controller set-ups are included called Spartan and Duty Calls. We'll let you fill in the gaps as to which one does what.

Multiplayer's also been boosted, with all the game's original modes now playable with eight players online. All the split-screen options are also present and correct, available both online and off. It's more than a recipe for some nostalgic shooting – Perfect Dark's multiplayer is still so compelling that we wouldn't be surprised if it managed to oust some of the bigger guns at the top of Xbox LIVE's most played list.

All of which is a grim reminder of what could have been for the ill-fated attempt to get Goldeneye on Xbox LIVE. Microsoft's Ken Lobb (a veteran who served on both of Rare's classic N64 shooters – and the more eagle-eyed of you might recognise an iconic gun that was named in his honour) tells us that Rare had Bond's finest hour in videogames up and running to the same level as the Xbox LIVE version of Perfect Dark, and it was only the labyrinth of licence holders that kept it from coming out.

There's no need to mourn for too long though. Like the original Perfect Dark, Goldeneye's three best maps – Temple, Facility and Complex – are included, but this time out there's a special bonus; Goldeneye's weapon set is also being included, meaning that for all intents and purposes the game has finally made it to Microsoft's console.

That's not the only surprise – there's also a few newly added cameos, as the Nintendo figures that propped up in the first game are replaced by some of Microsoft's finest. Man of the moment Peter Molyneux made an appearance in our brief playthrough, and he's one of many to be included.

Which gives all the more reason to get excited for its release, which is drawing ever nearer. It's coming some time in March at the rather reasonable price of 800 Microsoft Points – so prepare to fall in love with Joanna Dark all over again
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Who's getting this game? Empty Re: Who's getting this game?

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Didn't play this until a year or two after release, and by then it was not nearly as impressive as many other titles. Not sure yet if I want to give it another shot.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm definitely thinking about it, but I need my money for Splinter Cell and Red Dead Redemption first.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I think I am getting first person shooter burnout. Going to stick with BFBC2 till something really mindblowing comes out.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:59 pm

I might get it looks sweet definately getting lost plant 2 FYI
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:26 pm

It's only 800 MS points so it won't set you back a lot, that's kinda cheap most arcade titles are 1200-1600 lately unless they're on sale.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jeezy Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:51 pm

I am seriously thinking of getting this. i loved this game back in the day. The fondest memories i have of this game is playing in the Perfect darkness setting. You would start off with night vision goggles but once you get killed you would have nothing to show you the way except for the muzzle flash. Playing this in an arena type of level was pure madness. The endless amount of options for this games multiplayer will lead to many hours of fun.
S7 Jeezy
S7 Jeezy
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Jeezy

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixAsh12 Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Im definately getting this game when it comes out. I remember playing this game hours upon hours
PhoenixAsh12
PhoenixAsh12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : PSN & XBOX ONE:PhoenixAsh12

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:46 am

Didn't realize it was arcade and only 800 points. Might try it out after all then.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:12 am

i will be getting this game without a doubt. it was an N64 classic along with goldeneye.

the 360 version was kinda fun at multiplayer, but an overall disappointment.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:51 am

Not getting, perfect dark zero sucked when it came out in 2005 and since this looks really no different I'm not getting. First I thought they were making a newer version of 007 But oh well
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down