Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowdown on Skyrim

+2
S7 Epic
DeadSockPuppet
6 posters

Go down

Lowdown on Skyrim Empty Lowdown on Skyrim

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:22 am

So, I haven't really played an ES game since Morrowind. I got so tied up in running "away" from the story quest that I became bored and never finished the game. I rented Oblivion and played a little of that but something else (which I don't remember) stole my attention and I never really got into that.

I know that the big deal about Skyrim is supposed to be the ability to fight and kill tons of dragons, which is probably one of the best things you can do in any RPG, but aside from that, I don't have the foggiest clue about the game. Is it like the past ES games where it's completely solo or is there any gathering parties to raid on dragons?

I'll probably ask for this game for xmas and get into it then, but I was hoping that some of you fanboys could fill me in a little on the game, WITHOUT being a douchecanoe and calling me out for not getting it at the midnight release. Oh, and have fun storming the lairs!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Lowdown on Skyrim Empty Re: Lowdown on Skyrim

Post by S7 Epic Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:13 am

There is no multiplayer and there aren't tons of dragons. I've only fought 2 so far. One as part of the story, the other, a random encounter. There's so much to do and master though, it's fun/engaging as hell.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:34 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote: I know that the big deal about Skyrim is supposed to be the ability to fight and kill tons of dragons

The big deal with SKYRIM is the same as any other Elder Scroll game, the ability to get lost in an immersive world. the dragons are just icing on the cake.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Yep, huge open world with lots to see and do. So far it is fantastic
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:02 pm

S7 Dovahkiin wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote: I know that the big deal about Skyrim is supposed to be the ability to fight and kill tons of dragons

The big deal with SKYRIM is the same as any other Elder Scroll game, the ability to get lost in an immersive world. the dragons are just icing on the cake.

Exactly. If you're not a big fan of the Elder Scrolls games this one probably won't change your mind. That said, I have only played for a few hours and I am already blown away by this game. Yes it is an ES game, but it is also the best one yet. Story is a little more exciting a fast paced so far (assuming you play the story). Personally I can't wait to start just exploring.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:24 pm

It's not that I'm not a fan of ES games, it's just that I kind of ruined the experience for myself when I played Morrowind. I really enjoy RPGs and prefer ones that are open-world like ES games, I guess I'll just have to pick it up and spend my time mixing between story and free roaming.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:45 pm

I never really got into Morrowind, truth be told. I was only young at the time and the freedom it gave me wasn't really enjoyable to me...just confusing.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:15 pm

S7 Epic wrote:I never really got into Morrowind, truth be told. I was only young at the time and the freedom it gave me wasn't really enjoyable to me...just confusing.

Shame. IMO, it's my favorite ES game (I've played all except Skyrim, sadly I have to wait until winter break for that one and it's killing me). The customization in that game was amazing, not to mention it felt larger. I don't know if the game world actually was larger than Oblivion, but the fact that you had to rely only on silt striders and running (or constant-effect levitation gear like I had) forced you to truly explore everything the world threw at you. Even in Oblivion, I rarely used the fast travel but it still just didn't feel the same. Plus, I really really really miss levitating, as well as full customization of spells and enchantments. Oblivion was a wonderful game and one of my favorites of this gen, but Morrowind was a masterpiece.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Lowdown on Skyrim Xaoka
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am

Well played Epic.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Awesome pic Epic!

Still loving this game - the redo of the leveling system is a win for me, no more worrying about what I'm leveling and bonuses I'll receive on attributes. In fact, no more visible attributes at all, just skills - maybe more simplistic but it works really really well. I spend a lot less time doing stupid math and more time killing.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:28 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Awesome pic Epic!

Still loving this game - the redo of the leveling system is a win for me, no more worrying about what I'm leveling and bonuses I'll receive on attributes. In fact, no more visible attributes at all, just skills - maybe more simplistic but it works really really well. I spend a lot less time doing stupid math and more time killing.

Remember the perks though. Only 1 per level until you reach the level cap, which for most characters should be around 70/80, I believe. So you're gonna have to decide which ones you want the most.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down