Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MP First Impressions

+3
S7 mrmiller
Pharaoh Amun Ra
DeadSockPuppet
7 posters

Go down

MP First Impressions Empty MP First Impressions

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:02 am

The two things that I thought were going to impress me did. I really like the change to the kill streaks. The support strike class is just up my alley and I really like that you can now get points towards streaks by completing objectives and that the points don't reset when you die. This gives me a chance to be more useful for the team and I can get some of the higher level streaks more regularly.

As for the Kill Confirmed matches, those are tons of fun. Sticky, one of his friends, and I took on a team of 6 and managed to handle our business and have a good time doing it. It's nice to cut out some of the camping, since you have to pick up the tags, although you can have your teammates get them, so it doesn't completely rule out snipers.

All in all, it's a COD game with a few new bells and whistles and it will probably generate many hours of fun for all of us. However, I think that comparing it to BF3, I'm more impressed by BF3, even with the lag, server issues, and problems keeping a party on the same team. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be playing MW3 non-stop for the next two days, but when the dust settles I think I might see myself playing BF3 more.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

MP First Impressions Empty Re: MP First Impressions

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:15 am

Is it me or does the leveling seem too easy. Although my KDR (at the moment) doesn't reflect it, the MP seems very easy. I find myself killing at ease throughout my MP matches - or perhaps I'm just better than I thought, lol. Has anyone else had a sense that the MP is too easy?

Back to the topic.

Maps:

MP is what I'd expect from the COD series. Fast paced, smaller maps, and lots of pwning. The maps I've seen thus far are pretty cool; however, there are some that seem like remakes of Blops maps, imo.

Game Types:

I really enjoyed the Kill Confirm matches. Confirming our teams kills and denying the opposing teams kills is great. I think I'm going to enjoy playing this game type the most. All of the other games types are quite frankly the same, lol.

Perks:

I'm not that thrilled w/ the Perks but that's only b/c I can't use my favorite load out from Blops - sense they've moved some of the perks around. I think I've found some alternatives though.

Killstreaks/Strike Packages:

The assault and support strike packages are very cool. Their corresponding killstreaks are great as well, specifically for the Support class. Because I'm used to using them as I get consecutive kills, I keep forgetting that I have Killstreaks piling up. I look forward to playing around w/ the killstreakss to see which ones work best in different scenarios..

Weapons:

The weapons I've used so far have worked well. I wish that the FAMMAS was still there though, sigh. Additionally, I didn't get hit w/ any noob tubes last night, so I haven't no complaints, yet, lol.

Overall Gampeplay:

Gameplay is smooth. We had some lag last night but that happens. I'm displeased w/ the Super Ninja Knifing that players are able to do. On at least 5 occasions I've had enemies rush me (head one) and knife me. The knifing maneuver occurs so fast that I haven't had a chance fatality wound the enemy. For now, I'll blame this on being a little rusty, lol. We'll see how it works out.

Conclusion:

If I can borrow a line from Dennis Green, former coach of the Arizona Cardinals: MW3 MP is what we thought it was. The matchmaking and the ability to set up private rooms are probably the best in FPS right now. The gameplay is something we've seen before but can't stay away from. The leveling seems to easy to me but not enough to take away from a great game. Suffice it to say that I'll be playing a lot.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:49 am

I’ll begin my review the way I began the Battlefield 3 review-

First off, I don’t really see what the big deal about this game is or has been. To me, it is pretty much a simple upgrade to Battlefield Bad Company 2 MW2, which in turn was an upgrade from the multiplayer of Battlefield Bad Company 1 MW1/COD4. With that said, I loved those games too, and am really liking BF3 MW3 as well! It’s a great game, and just has a different feel.

LOL- really that is it. It’s more of the same, but “new and improved.” If you like the others, you will like this one too. Honestly, there are no significant changes to make this feel like a totally new game (unlike when the first Modern Warfare came out), but the changes do make it feel fresh.

The Perks, Strike Packages, and Weapon proficiencies are all a nice upgrade to past games. I do miss being able to unlock what I want in order of preference like in BlOps, but the variable mix-and-match options are really cool. I can see myself needing several extra create-a-class slots for this one. The Strike packages are extra nice with the ability to choose which reward you want to deploy. So if you gain that UAV at 3 kills, then the care package at 4, you can call out the drone and check to see if the area is clear before calling for the drop. Very nice.

The new game type “Kill Confirmed” is great. I never played the other flag mode, as I was never a fan of oddball anyhow. Kill Confirmed gets really tense when you are all fighting in the same area, and there are 5 or 6 tags out, where the last man standing is going to collect and deny like crazy. It’s really fun, and make for more teamwork than the standard Deathmatch. Never go anywhere alone! That way if one of you goes down, hopefully the other can deny the kill and collect on your assailant.

Pharaoh mentioned the leveling. I played maybe 4 hours last night, and leveled up to 20. It is fairly fast (at least at the beginning), but I like that. I really miss not being able to choose the perks I want, so I’m anxious to get them unlocked. Also, the weapon proficiencies seem to rank up fairly quick as well. That’s nice, as you want to unlock the gun perks and attachments for the gun you are just “trying out” rather quickly before deciding to move on to the next weapon. I’m anxious to try all the weapon perks to see what really fits well. There are so many, I feel guilty using the dual attachment one, as I must be missing out on some other benefits.

That’s all for now- so far so good. Like I mentioned (and everyone else has too) it is more of the same, but the improvements are good and make it feel fresh and fun. I’m sure I’ll be playing this until next November.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:09 am

The one thing I like a lot is a couple of the new game modes....Kill Confirmed and Team Defender stand out to me...big time. I love those game modes.
Overall...I love the game and will be playing it as much as I can.
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:02 pm

yeah... Embarassed
Will get it soon, been slacking lately with games...playing a lot of GOW3 still, no plans to get Battle field but MW3 and Skyrim are on the list (eventually).

BTW, still haven't picked up Forza 4 scratch
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:43 pm

mw3=mw2

mw1 aka cod 4 =WINNING DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:58 pm

S7 Pharoh wrote:I wish that the FAMMAS was still there though, sigh.

Look into the Type 95. I thought it was the Famas when I first used it. It's a weapon of similar build and it's a 3-shot burst fire. It handles the same as the Famas, from what I remember.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:02 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:mw3=mw2

mw1 aka cod 4 =WINNING DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Negative over! This is a updated better cod, it has the same feel as the others but smoother. I like confirm kill a lot, it give you a objective within team death match. The thing that bites still with this series is the crappy lag. I feel like some might be using lag switches sometimes, irritating! I have 5 upload 30 down, I don't get it. But I usually slow down and creep around corners, yes there are Noobs that camp on the small maps. Over all I really like this one. Oh yeah has anyone else had trouble with the Elite sight or having trouble logging in.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Current MW3 Supplemental Probems:

1.) The Elite site isn't fully operational

2.) The Elite app for the Xbox isn't fully operational

3.) The trading cards section of dewxp.com isn't working

Those are the problems that I've run into so far and it seems as though I'm not the only one.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down