Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Souls Trailer

5 posters

Go down

Dark Souls Trailer Empty Dark Souls Trailer

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:27 am

Not sure how many of you have this game on your radar but you should. Follow up to the EPIC Demon's Souls, one of the hardest and best games I have ever played. It's brutal, punishing, even cruel at times but also amazingly good. It's not for the weak of heart, and not for everyone, but something everyone should play at least once to see what all the fuss is about. The original was a PS3 exclusive but the follow up, Dark Souls, is being released on all platforms. Don't miss it.

And now I give you the newest trailer. Enjoy...

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Trailer Empty Re: Dark Souls Trailer

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:53 am

Yeah I read a post E3 preview in EGM on this game and it sounds wicked, especially since you can co-op the main quest. Looks like another one fighting for money.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:44 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Yeah I read a post E3 preview in EGM on this game and it sounds wicked, especially since you can co-op the main quest. Looks like another one fighting for money.

Details are a little scarce about the co-op but if it is anything like the original, it is not what you are thinking. This is a single player experience mostly with co-op feature sprinkled in to enhance the SP. Like you can call in a random player to temporary "help" you, or kill you depending on if that random person wanted to be helpful. There was no control over who got sucked into your game either so it was nearly impossible to play with friends. Dark Souls is supposed to have more variations of co-op but I don't think I'll use them. It's definitely a game to face by yourself. It seemed like cheating to bring in "help" so I never used it. Plus the fact that the "help" might decide to kick my ass instead. Hard to explain without playing it but you'll see soon enough.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 pm

i think like most games when you enter into co op it over all the enemy are harder so it equal out if you were playing alone ..
at least from the co op games i have played the more people in the game the harder the enemy/boss's wear and the better chance of getting rear items

and no im not just talking about DIABLO!!! boarder lands was like this ,cod zombies
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah, but my point is that the game doesn't really have co-op. Not in the tradition sense. Co-Op was random, with NO CHAT options. People who flagged themselves as willing participants could get sucked into another persons game and either help or fight that person as they saw fit. You could not communicate with the other person and they only appeared as a red ghost type character.

It's a very unique game with a lot of character and quarkyness. It is really hard to explain without playing it for yourself. Remember, this is the game that if you died, and you did die.. a lot, the game would take all of you XP, send you all the way back to the start of the level and make the enemies harder.

You'll have to trust me, it is meant to be a a single player experience with a sort of ethereal community connections. You can see ghost of how other people playing really died, as well as just random ghosts (other actual players) running around the same level.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:35 pm

ya with that i would be not for it either

if they just throw in co op becouse they feel like it but dont fully web it into the game it is fail
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:51 pm

You just don't get it. That is what I am trying to tell Puppet. IT IS NOT A CO-OP GAME. Don't buy it if you want a co-op game. It's an amazing SP experience. Don't think if it as co-op, think of it more as a community game. You can leave notes for other players, see how they died in the same location and even summon random souls to your aid.

It is not just thrown in as an after thought. It is actually a very well thought out experience but one that is hard to understand without experiencing first hand.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 pm

nope now all i hear is fail fail coop=fail lol
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 pm

LOL! You would hear that. And this from the guy that actually bought DNF! You don't get to take about fail anything! LOL!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:52 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:LOL! You would hear that. And this from the guy that actually bought DNF! You don't get to take about fail anything! LOL!

Sticky's here to post irrelevant and misconceived opinions about video games and chew bubblegum...and he's all out of gum.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:22 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:LOL! You would hear that. And this from the guy that actually bought DNF! You don't get to take about fail anything! LOL!

Sticky's here to post irrelevant and misconceived opinions about video games and chew bubblegum...and he's all out of gum.

Dark Souls Trailer Tn_1235327813713
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down