Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When would you race? Tourney ideas

+3
S7 Epic
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
7 posters

Go down

What day would you race?

When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_lcap12%When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_lcap4%When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_lcap8%When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_lcap31%When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 8 ]
When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_lcap23%When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 6 ]
When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_lcap22%When would you race? Tourney ideas I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 26

When would you race? Tourney ideas Empty When would you race? Tourney ideas

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:44 pm

So there has always been talk of racing other nights so I thought I'd make a poll and see what days people have the most interest in.
Choose as many days as you want, but only choose ones that you could almost always be on for that night.
Since there is a max of 6 options in our polls I'm grouping saturday and sunday as Weekend.

Also post if you'd be up for racing every week, every couple weeks, etc.

Edit: Also, I thought this would be a good place to discuss ideas for alternate tournies.

Last edited by AtrumX on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

When would you race? Tourney ideas Empty Re: When would you race? Tourney ideas

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Late in the week is always best for me. I chose Thursday, Friday and weekends. I prefer bi-weekly so I don't always feel pressured to get on Forza to paint, tune and race.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:57 pm

I can do most days tbh, so long as the time isn't too late. The current tourney time is about right.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:59 pm

late nights work for me any day really

would love to race forza more !!!!
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 pm

I put thursday and weekends as those are usually best for me given the current time we do tournies. I also edited the OP to have some discussion on alternate ideas for tournaments. I enjoy how the current "Main" series is, but what are some other good ideas? Here are the ones I've thought of:

-Doubles tournament. 2v2v2v2 would be a blast. We can assign points to teams. Much like SC2 does their doubles ladder. So if Sticky and Epic team one weak their points are different than Sticky and Wiggles teaming up.

-Elimination. I've always thought it would be fun to race where the person to finish in last place each lap is eliminated from the race. It actually ends up being very similar to our current tournament just wrecks are more dramatic and each lap is the final lap for someone.

-Same build, your tune. Everyone has to race the same car, with the same upgrades. The only thing that is allowed to be changed is the tuning.

-Stock car. This could either be a completely stock car, or one that the clan decides they would all like to use for a tournament/series. Allows more variation in car choice over the current setup. Could either go with no tuning or only using a certain tune.

-No damage tourney. A tournament where the gnarliest wrecks won't even scratch your paint job (or at least not slow your car down). Basically a fun way to play some full contact racing. For the tournament to actually be fun everyone would have to be fine with literally any contact. Keep in mind wrecking someone out usually slows you down too. I would even be up for people being completely ridiculous and parking in the track/driving backwards. If you know it can happen, no reason to complain when you don't manage to dodge them.

S7 Forza Challenge League!!! - making a new thread so this one stays about race availability and tournament preference.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Same build, your tune.... IROC style... I did kinda propose that during Season 2.... But I love it... Driver over vehicle
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:28 pm

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:Same build, your tune.... IROC style... I did kinda propose that during Season 2.... But I love it... Driver over vehicle
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm with Zak, Thurs, Fri, weekends and the current time is pretty good because I can still race and be up early for work if needed. As for the alternate types of tourneys I'd be up for any of those too, each one sounds like it would bring some fun twist to the races.

Edit: I'd also prefer bi-weekly so that I can play some other games... currently I've been spending most of my time playing Forza to get to know the tracks better but I think that I "know" them I just need to learn to drive them better. Anyways, if we race bi-weekly I could still probably field some ok cars... I actually got 6th place with one of the cars that I built and it was due to my driving, not because of wreaks or something so I'm stoked about further tourneys.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:44 pm

I say fridays/weekends later
Monday around 8ish would be nice to

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Puppet, it's not the cars, it's the driving. You need to find your driving style, some people prefer really grippy cars/tunes (me), others like fast cars without as much grip, everyone else likes something in between.

Now, to get the most out of a grippy car, you need to be taking corners fast in order to gain time. With more grip, you're less likely to mess up too badly.

With a speed-focused car, the emphasis is on the braking and traction into and out of the corners, you'll likely have less grip available, so you just need to make sure you get the corner right and get the car lined up early so you can get on the gas early also.

I'm not sure what you've figured out currently but a few basics, just in case you weren't aware -

Braking - Don't got hardcore on the brakes. Doing so will prevent the wheels from rotating and cause lock-ups. The car stops more efficiently with a small amount of wheel rotation.

Cornering - Try to break to cornering speed before you turn in. Hold consistent revs throughout the turn in process, all the time feeling for grip, as soon as you have it, get on the throttle!

Wheelspin - If you're getting wheelspin in corners, then there's definitely time to be made up. If you're wheels are spinning it indicates a lack of traction, at which point you are neither turning, nor accelerating, so it's lose/lose. Sometimes you may feel like you're taking the corner slow but the lap times usually beg to differ.

Turning In - The effect of turning in too early/late varies from corner to corner. Either way, if you mess it up, it will result in you having to slow slightly to get the car back on it's racing line. Getting the turn-in is especially important on tracks where there are multiple corners close together. Get off the racing line on one and you'll be struggling to get the car back where it needs to be ready for the next corners, a vicious circle. If i'm honest, this is probably the area of racecraft that currently separates me from the top 3.

Racing Lines - I'd imagine you have at least some basic knowledge of this. Essentially, the focus is on 'shortening the track' by cutting down the angle on corners, usually by going wide and then across the apex on a stadard 90-degree corner. On more acute corners however, it can be faster to take the inside and take a late apex coming out. This will come with time, but to accelerate the learning process, reading up (or watching some examples) will be of benefit.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks for the advice Epic. Zak was pointing out to me a couple weeks ago that knowing the tracks and how to drive is what separates him from most drivers. We were running against eachother and he was able to beat me consistently with cars that were 2 classes lower than mine because he knew the courses and how to drive them. I know this requires a lot of practice and laps and that's what I've been trying to put in.

I agree with you about the grip vs speed cars too. I don't think that I've completely figured out what I prefer because my A Classers had some fast and some grip and I kept going between them so I wasn't able to develop a consistent driving style. I remember that when I start working on S Classers.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:50 pm

I have an S-Class Zonda which grips like a b1tch, low top end though, so I'll keep in in reserve for Fujimi, Sidewinder, etc.

The Porsche's are always a good bet, especially in the higher classes. Ford GT is pretty nice too if you fancy racing American.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down