Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourney ideas

+6
S7 KnightOwl
S7 wonky
S7 Interseptor
S7 Sticky
S7 MCampbell
S7 DROOPY
10 posters

Go down

Tourney ideas Empty Tourney ideas

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:58 pm

First off this is all subjected to gc and officers approval and more of a what majority wants
Starting this tread to get input for one last contest for mw2 . I wanna get some ideas out there, so the gc and officers of mw2 can vote on it and this could be an offical s7 clan contest. Again hope I'm not steppn on anybodys toes and if Im I'm sorry and please remove the thread.

My idea

two seperate tourneys early and late for timezone reasons 
you can only play in one

team based games only, with all the winning team players getting 1 point and the top player from each team get 1 point also. I like demo, Dom, and ctf
Point could equal a ticket of some kind that would be used in a drawing for the prize   Or it could be a number of your choice and then a Random number generator use to generate the prize number and the person with/ closest to the number wins the prize. Therefore the more/ better you are the more chance/ tickets you will have.
Also I think person with the overall highest point will win A smaller prize

I don't really know how to make the tourneys more fare. 

My other idea is to play team based matchs and then take the top four players  captians and let them draft the other player like fanasy football style with the top player of the four picking last  or randoming asigning people to the captians according to rank, like the 1st, 3rd & 6st group together and 2nd, 4th, 5th with the 1st and 2nd being the captains 
Then play team deathmatchs with limited lives. So there would be 2teams on each side for at total of four teams. Then the team with the most points after three matchs wins.  And there would be prizes for all three players on winning team.
Those are my ideas. What are yours?
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Tourney ideas Empty Re: Tourney ideas

Post by S7 MCampbell Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Droopy,

Good stuff man way to step things up and throw out some great ideals, I believe we can come up with something from this and make it work. Do you have a planned date that you would like to go with? I am sure we will be able to get yet another great tournament together.

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 MCampbell

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:52 pm

I don't have a planned date, really want the gc and officers of wm2 to make the call on this one. I'm think sometime in next 3-4 weeks though.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:34 am

should be alot of fun
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:16 am

I am not "officially" an officer for MW2 at this time but I'll give my 2 cents. I really like the idea of a team based Tourney. We have done a few "solo" Tourneys lately so a teams based Tourney would be a good change of pace. I also like to idea of the entire team winning a prize (as opposed to just one person winning). A reward for working well as a team.

As for teams, in the past we have used random teams with great success. Basically, we put everyone who shows up into a random number generator and pick teams that way. Once the teams are set, you would stay with your team for the entire Tourney.

Of course you have to "help" the system to make sure high powered players don't dominate any one team but the random team generation works surprisingly well. It keeps things fair.

And as far as the game modes go, I think you could do any of the above mentions game modes: Demo, Dom or CTF. Maybe put up a poll and let the division decide?

Anyho. That's my take on it for what it's worth.

P.S. I also like the idea of 2 Tourneys and only being able to play in 1.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:26 am

like zak says
we have used the random team gen ALOt and worked out fine

what i would do when i run tourneys is pull the so called power player aside and place them in a team already then random gen ever one else so the team are fair here is an Example ..

say

glock
tico
zak
droopy
oc
mcamp
magus
coolhand
wonky

show up and you pick 2 teams of 5. well right off the bat i would pick the people you think have more XP( aka people with no life) playing the game aside and assign them a team

so say sticky glock wonky tico now put 2 of them on team A and the other on Team B then random gen the teams to make them as fair as possible.

-----------
i also like team based games because it does not come down to one players KDR but how well you work as a team ..i am going to use OC as an Example (as i know oc wont get mad at me )
OC might not be the best run n gun KDR man. but stick him in a HQ or domination game and he will always be throwing himself in there to take a point and fighting like hell to keep that point .were as some one like myslef wont always do that, so in a team based game OC is a lot more valuable them a KDR player

andi agree with you about only being able to play in one . that gives every one the equal chance to win
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Great ideas guys, There all good , keep em comeing . Really like the team picking with random teams with a certain number of power players. What about two game types for the tourney , like 3 games of ctf and 3 games of Dom and so on with 1 practice round between game types.with maybe 7 min rounds idk. Also if we have two tournys with big teams, gonna have a little trouble with 10 prizes. Also for prizes instead of just msp how about amazon, gamestop, itune, or other store gift cards, reason being $10 1600 msp are hard to find
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 pm

I think that teams of 3-4 people are more likely. Kind of a "Team Tactical" Tourney like we did for COD4 back in the day. And I bet we can get some more of the guys to pony up for the prizes. Especially if this is "Official".

A Doubles Tourney might be interesting as well. But I would rather do a team effort first.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I think that teams of 3-4 people are more likely. Kind of a "Team Tactical" Tourney like we did for COD4 back in the day. And I bet we can get some more of the guys to pony up for the prizes. Especially if this is "Official".

A Doubles Tourney might be interesting as well. But I would rather do a team effort first.

agreed teams of 3-4 are epic win
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:43 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:I think that teams of 3-4 people are more likely. Kind of a "Team Tactical" Tourney like we did for COD4 back in the day. And I bet we can get some more of the guys to pony up for the prizes. Especially if this is "Official".

agreed teams of 3-4 are epic win

i also agree teams would be better

(but if comes to it doubles im fine with it also )
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:54 pm

DROOPYmcC00L wrote:Great ideas guys, There all good , keep em comeing . Really like the team picking with random teams with a certain number of power players. What about two game types for the tourney , like 3 games of ctf and 3 games of Dom and so on with 1 practice round between game types.with maybe 7 min rounds idk. Also if we have two tournys with big teams, gonna have a little trouble with 10 prizes. Also for prizes instead of just msp how about amazon, gamestop, itune, or other store gift cards, reason being $10 1600 msp are hard to find

was there ever a decision made to open an S7 pay pal account or promote a treasurer because I would be willing to donate money for the purchase of prizes.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:07 pm

S7 KnightOwl wrote:
DROOPYmcC00L wrote:Great ideas guys, There all good , keep em comeing . Really like the team picking with random teams with a certain number of power players. What about two game types for the tourney , like 3 games of ctf and 3 games of Dom and so on with 1 practice round between game types.with maybe 7 min rounds idk. Also if we have two tournys with big teams, gonna have a little trouble with 10 prizes. Also for prizes instead of just msp how about amazon, gamestop, itune, or other store gift cards, reason being $10 1600 msp are hard to find

was there ever a decision made to open an S7 pay pal account or promote a treasurer because I would be willing to donate money for the purchase of prizes.

i would also be down to put some money down to help in prizes
i vote OC to be the pay pal account holder as i know where he lives and will not mind brakin his legs if he takes a trip with the money!!!
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Berzerker Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:42 pm

LMAO
S7 Berzerker
S7 Berzerker

GamerTag : S7 Berzerker

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 pm

ya I think teams of 4 would be good if we have a early and a late night tourney.eam
I also like like this " all the winning team players getting 1 point and the top player from each team get 1 point also.
Point could equal a number of your choice and then a Random number generator use to generate the prize number and the person with/ closest to the number wins the prize. Therefore the more/ better you are the more chances you will have.

so say you play ctf and your team wins all 3 rounds and you are the top play in 2 of the three games
your whole team would get 3 guesses a piece and you would get 2 more for being top player for a total of five guesses, then you guess say numbers 3 12 19 22 8 as you five numbers, then if the prize number is 22 and you are the only one that has 22 as one of their numbers then you win the prize. but lets say someone's elses numbers are 11 22 25 and some elses numbers are 22 4, then another random gen number is gen and its 9 then your 8 is closer then his 11 and his 4 then you win. I know its not the greatest idea but its an idea that lets some people even the losers have a chance at a prize. this is just an idea I have if we had alot people play or early and late night tourneys and I could put one big prize on the line like COD black OPS for example ($40)
just an Idea
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 pm

What day would be best for everybody fri or sat ? Hopen to get something go n soon. Anybody wanna get together this weekend and practice a couple different game types/ rules or ideas.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Fridays would be better for me but I could probably make saturdays too but I might be a little late like I was for the last tourney. I'd be down to run through some game types and ideas with you just shoot an invite my way
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:52 am

either one is good for me senor droopy
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:10 am

Ill be online tonight (fri) around 1030. I'll shoot some invites out to anybody playing mw2 and maybe we can try some new ideas for the next tourney. so start thinking. Also if we need more players invite your homies.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:25 am

I would help out but I'll be out all weekend.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Not sure when I will be on I'm going to the 311, offspring, and pepper concert. Wich also means I will most likely be drunk when I get on.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Floodsfire Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm up for helping you think of and test some ideas for a tourney. Just shoot a invite me an invite once you get on.
Floodsfire
Floodsfire

GamerTag : S7 Floodsfire

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Tourney ideas Empty great night

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 pm

hey fellas, I had a great time last night and we had one hellva turn out last night,we could have played ground war! super close games last night! I got owned in FFA semi finals and and our two brothers bing and dark agent fell in the final due to air support but they both did real good. Close final and twisted door ended up winning, but hell he had like 8 kills with all his air support. overall another awsome time . I had some commicacion problem and it was kinda sort notice is why I didnt post on forum and If I missed anybody I'm sorry. I sent invites from my phone at work and it was a little klunky and I really didnt think the turnout was gonna be so awsome. Next time lets go s7 all the way. Good times cya next torney
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Yea, that was great. Some super close games, and we needed to play a tiebreak round too! Good stuff. I missed out on the FFA by tha one missed comando kill. I did think Agent was going to pull it out when he got hot, just too bad it was late in the round.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:19 am

Really fun tourny! Fantastic teamwork and great competition.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:58 am

All right guys, Demolition won the poll, so here is my idea for the LAST tourney that I will sponser (if GC ok with it) . I would like to make this an offical tourney for only s7 members. I would also like it if someone could make a sig or pic illustrating the trophy/achivement. Ill try but I just have ms paint(weak). Im thinking sat the 31st of july as the date. Here is the game ideas:
idea one:
3-4 rounds of domination with 1 point given to the team that wins the round. Then 4-5 rounds of demolition with glocks rules. teams are to be picked via assigned captain.
idea two:
early and late night team tacital tourney(4 players on each side for a total of 8 players playing in the early tt tourney and 8 players playing in the late tourney) winning team of each tourney will play each other (tbt)on a date and time that everyone can play.
game types will be determined via poll for this tourney.
prizes will include pic/sig with S7 mw2 elite solider "neel before me noob" or whatever someone else makes. Also depending on what majority wants either $10 gift card to amazon, itune, walmart, etc for everybody on winning team or a chance(drawing of somekind) for either COD:black ops or 4000 msp for one of the players on the winning team.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down