Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Xbox 360 update incompatible with some models, MS offering replacements

+4
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
S7 Interseptor
S7 Glock
8 posters

Go down

New Xbox 360 update incompatible with some models, MS offering replacements Empty New Xbox 360 update incompatible with some models, MS offering replacements

Post by S7 Glock Wed May 18, 2011 11:00 am

Wow some folks will be getting free Xbox 360 Slims with 250GB HD... I hope the error effects my box.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/18/new-xbox-360-update-incompatible-with-some-models-ms-offering-r/
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

New Xbox 360 update incompatible with some models, MS offering replacements Empty Re: New Xbox 360 update incompatible with some models, MS offering replacements

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 am

No doubt! I am gonna check all my boxes. Free 360 S? Yes please!!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

New Xbox 360 update incompatible with some models, MS offering replacements Empty Re: New Xbox 360 update incompatible with some models, MS offering replacements

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 am

The one I have has a hard time reading discs now. So how will I know if it's due to the update? I have an original launch box too, but the DVD drive was changed out on it before by MS.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 pm

S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed May 18, 2011 12:40 pm

@miller i would just sya the disc read error just started after the update doom free xbox slim!!

going to check my old one as soon as it comes out
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:@miller i would just sya the disc read error just started after the update doom free xbox slim!!

Nope, M$ will be able to tell which boxes are effected and sending out e-mail's to let those users know about the deal. Also, it has a specific error message. A regular crappy drive has a different error.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Wow replacing my launch box with a 250gb slim would be tight.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed May 18, 2011 3:10 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Wow replacing my launch box with a 250gb slim would be tight.

word on that! but more than likely the only clan guy to get a new box slim this way will be sticky, or as I like to call him S7 LFBA (luckest f#ckn beaner alive)
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed May 18, 2011 3:20 pm

Interesting....I personally hope I don't have the problem. but it will be what it will be.
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed May 18, 2011 3:57 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Sticky wrote:@miller i would just sya the disc read error just started after the update doom free xbox slim!!

Nope, M$ will be able to tell which boxes are effected and sending out e-mail's to let those users know about the deal. Also, it has a specific error message. A regular crappy drive has a different error.

That's the thing- I have an original launch Xbox, and it never got the RROD but the DVD drive went out and they replaced it (for $100). So I'm wondering if that replaced drive gets the "error" if they will be able to tell and replace my box. It really doen't matter to me, as I would rater keep the old style than move to the new slim as I can switch my HD and memory card between my Xboxes easier, but i don't want an Xbox that will not work at all.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu May 19, 2011 2:37 am

Mine is fine =( lol
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu May 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Do I need to buy a new game that doesn't have the copyright protection in order to tell if it will run or not? Or should my old games stop running if the update didn't take?

Launch box but I did have the dvd drive replaced for free my M$ a couple years ago.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down