Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testers Wanted

5 posters

Go down

Testers Wanted Empty Testers Wanted

Post by S7 Epic Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:42 am

Yo, for my my final year project at uni I have been doing some studies on/with Twitter.

One of them is this game - www.twtse100.com - The name is a play on 'Twitter' and 'FTSE', I may change it eventually...

OR the Facebook version, which is my preference - https://apps.facebook.com/twtse_app/

The session cookie will travel between the two sites, so it's the same account and you'll stay logged in (unless you logout or until the session times out).

It's currently a beta version and very basic in terms of design as it's only a proof of concept...and I didn't have time to due to the amount of coding it took. However, to prove the concept, I need some playtesters. So have a little look.

Basically, it's a stock-trading game based on Twitter popularity of certain things, sports, music, celebrities, etc. There's a better explanation of what it is and of how to play on the front page (after registration). When you register, don't use a password you use anywhere else. Whilst the password code is as safe as your average site (128-bit), I don't want to risk it. There's no email required for sign-up, so don't worry about that either.

You can ask any questions here, same with ideas or suggestions of people/companies/etc you'd like to see in the game as a stock.

I do plan on developing this into a fully-fledged app later on and I already have a lot of changes and new features in mind, regardless, all/any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- Epic

EDIT: Here's a QR Link just for the sake of geekiness.

S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Testers Wanted Empty Re: Testers Wanted

Post by S7 Vision67 Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:51 am

Reading through it, it looks pretty nifty and a great time-killer game that ties in well with trending topics.

I know nil about popular culture, but I know some people that would eat this thing up, I'll pass it along James.

EDIT: for the sake of ease of people knowing what to expect, I'm sending people the URL for this thread, so they can get some background before they jump in.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 am

Ok, cheers Joe.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

I registered. One thing, would be nice to have some conversion for how many of each stock you can buy. While it's not hard to divide it out yourself, would be a convenient addition.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Yeah, I intend to have a little calc at the top of the page. I'd heard that FB didn't display Javascript but the servertime is working, so I guess it must. Maybe it's just the adsense JS it blocks...?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Ok, added a calc. It shall be known as the 'S7 Chippy Memorial Grown-Ass Mathematician Device'. Be careful when using it though as it never uses it's brakes.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 pm

WIN!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:33 am

https://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=200230403344413

Just added leaderboards, so now we can see who has tiger blood and who needs to #planbetter.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 pm

FYI, the dividends are paid out tomorrow at around 1PM Eastern. They are paid per share, so make sure you've invested in some stocks, otherwise you'll not see a return.

- Epic
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:02 am

in the portfolio page it would be nice to see how your stocks are doing, showing if they are up or down.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:13 am

S7 KnightOwl wrote:in the portfolio page it would be nice to see how your stocks are doing, showing if they are up or down.

Yeah, I intend to make it so that you can see how much you paid for them, so you can keep track of if you're making profit or not. It's probably the thing i'll add next but unfortunately I won't have time to implement it soon due to the amount of coding it would take and my current workload.... Unless I have a revelation in terms of how I would actually implement it. Until then, the leaderboard acts as a decent marker for your progress.

I do intend on continuing development of this project after it's handed in...will make it look A LOT nicer too, lol.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:23 am

nice work epic, it has to be exciting to see people play a game that you made and developed.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 am

Yeah, it's kind of frustrating that it only counts as 10% of my mark though, i'd much rather spend the time coding and developing the game further, rather than being sat here researching various crap that's barely relevant.

I think the concept has a lot of promise, so i'm looking forward to taking it further. As well as having the time to start work on some more traditional games.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down