Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our resignation letter for those who missed it-

3 posters

Go down

Our resignation letter for those who missed it- Empty Our resignation letter for those who missed it-

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:12 am

I just wanted to post a note for everyone who did not get to see our global announcement on the BBF site before it was deleted. We composed a letter explaining our departure, and the main reasons behind the move. That post has since been deleted, and some new posts that are full of assumption and conjecture are popping up, speculating why we decided to leave and create S7. Therefore; I’m posting our letter here for you all to read so you will have the same information as those who were able to see the original post before it was removed.

Code:

Our Resignation from BBF

We are writing this post to regretfully inform you that our time with BBF has come to an end. Many of us from the console division have decided to move on, in an effort to return to the basic business of having fun.

Almost 2 years ago we made a change from two separate BBF divisions into one greater collective. During that transition, it was feared that the merger was not going to be a good fit for us. Even with all the apprehension, we were willing to give it our best efforts. Unfortunately, the merger was not as successful as we hoped it would be, and we lost some of our "identity" when we became part of that larger clan. Therefore, we are leaving BBF to make our own separate clan, and to recreate the fun and camaraderie that we once had.

Simply co-existing on the forums together does not make a successful clan in our opinion. We strive for that sense of brotherhood that can only come by personally knowing each other. Division will always be present when the majority of conversations you have is on “rules and procedure” which tend to zap away the fun and enjoyment which was initially intended for the clan.

We feel that BBF has become mired in procedure and protocol, in rules and regulations, in disagreement and stalemates. While the intent is noble, the outcome is a sense of restriction and resentment. The clan runs more like a corporation, and less like the friendly community it once was. We understand that all leaders here are doing their best and acting for what they feel is right for the clan and its members, we just feel the system has become too big and bureaucratic to work.

We do not place blame on anyone, and think it is more a result of the current system paired with the differences in the two divisions. The efforts to create an overall system for everyone's needs have been twisted and convoluted and had layer upon layer of complexity added throughout the years. For the most part we have “created a monster”.

We all still believe in the core values of Honor and Respect that the clan is based on. The idea that two groups with the same ideal can operate effectively under the same structure is a noble effort but a flawed philosophy. Maybe it would have worked better if both sides were together from the beginning, but merging them together after each has developed their own personality is not effective.

We are moving on in hopes of getting back to the core value of having fun. We will strive to continue the efforts of promoting honor, integrity, and respect. Regrettably, under the current BBF structure we do not feel that both can be achieved to the level we desire.

This decision was not made lightly and we would like to thank all the people from BBF who we have worked with and played with over the years. We assure you that we all have made our best efforts to keep up the goal of improving BBF and the online community. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and hope we can meet again on the battlefield.

Respectfully,

Matt R. Miller (M.R.Miller)
Kevin O'Conner (OC),
Nate Herrera (Tico),
James Johnson (Jwriter),
and Zak Keller (Interseptor).

I'm just going to leave this for a few days, but I think some of you missed it the first time (giraffe, Mcamp, etc..)

If you have any questions, or just want to chat about it, feel free to ask. There are no secrets here. We are going to be much better off, and this is a great move for all of us.

~mrmiller

Last edited by S7 mrmiller on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *remove sticky tag)
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Our resignation letter for those who missed it- Empty Re: Our resignation letter for those who missed it-

Post by S7 Bullet Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Can someone explain to me what's going on or link me to a page that does, been on the BBF forum and some or I should say alot seems lime small stuff? I haven't been on a whole lot in the last few months but looking on the bbf forum there was some resentments for some. It went deeper than playing together in a match.
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Our resignation letter for those who missed it- Empty Re: Our resignation letter for those who missed it-

Post by S7 Bullet Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Since I can't edit my post, I forgot to add it seems all the GC left
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 pm

I will not be online until late tonight, but can chat with you then if you like.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I will not be online until late tonight, but can chat with you then if you like.

~mrmiller

e-mail will suffice. I emailed sticky and he referred me here
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by superron21 Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Resignation post is still there. I put my stuff up on there. I actually thought I filled out an app here, but I guess i didn't post it.
superron21
superron21
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : superron21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down