Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Verizon's big announcement today

+7
S7 Big M Easy
S7 wonky
Atrum
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Jwriter
S7 OC
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Verizon's big announcement today - Page 2 Empty Re: Verizon's big announcement today

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:29 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I don't have the iPhone but know a lot of people that will be leaving AT&T and have always wondered why the iPhone couldn't have been exclusively on Verizon long time ago. AT&T was smart to grab iPhone first, and lock it in but now people will certainly leave.
Bout a year ago I talked with the head of Verizon's tax dept. He said they were in negotiations for the iPhone before ATT but Apple wanted almost all the profits from the apps and Verizon wanted a share of the apps. He said it was a huge mistake as the service and data would have made a ton for Verizon and that receiving a big chunk of the app sales really wouldn't have even compared to that. ATT ended up with the exculsive deal by agreeing to just live off the data plans etc, but that agreement just expired.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Verizon's big announcement today - Page 2 Empty Re: Verizon's big announcement today

Post by S7 Big M Easy Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:19 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:
S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I don't have the iPhone but know a lot of people that will be leaving AT&T and have always wondered why the iPhone couldn't have been exclusively on Verizon long time ago. AT&T was smart to grab iPhone first, and lock it in but now people will certainly leave.
Bout a year ago I talked with the head of Verizon's tax dept. He said they were in negotiations for the iPhone before ATT but Apple wanted almost all the profits from the apps and Verizon wanted a share of the apps. He said it was a huge mistake as the service and data would have made a ton for Verizon and that receiving a big chunk of the app sales really wouldn't have even compared to that. ATT ended up with the exculsive deal by agreeing to just live off the data plans etc, but that agreement just expired.

That sounds far more likely than the version that was circulating about wanting money per phone.
Seems kind of silly when people can't see the forrest for the trees but hey it happens.
S7 Big M Easy
S7 Big M Easy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Big M Easy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:16 pm

"Apple wanted almost all the profits from the apps"
How dare they have an idea, vision, the programmers, and plan and refuse to share the profits with a greedy carrier company that hasn't done anything. Rolling Eyes
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:08 am

Ok here's my take. I had Verizon, now I have ATT...verizon sucked in my neck of the woods, I live in a dead spot, Verizon claims to be everywhere...NOT! I can actually make phone calls inside supermarkets or stores on ATT. I couldn't on Verizon. Basically, whether you have either, their networks are stronger in some areas verses others...it is what it is. I have the Blackberry Torch, I love it don't need the Iphone. My Ipod Touch is icing on the cake. The Torch can be used as a hot spot if I want to use it as such. Blackberry has multiple apps and does so much It's going to take a while before I learn everything it can do.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:33 pm

I like the fact that AT&T takes it's time to roll out new things...you gotta make sure ish works right.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2