Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout New vegas

+8
S7 Richie
S7 Panzer
S7 Middy
Shuntentatsu
S7 DROOPY
S7 Interseptor
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fallout New vegas - Page 3 Empty Re: Fallout New vegas

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:34 pm

just got it at a going-outta-biz sale for Blockbuster for $35, looks new. Also picked up Bioshock 2 for $10 and Spinter Cell Double Agent for $10. Liking this so far, playing on hardcore mode. It's challenging but fun. Kinda messed up my character build though - took energy weapons and that isn't paying off so far. Should have taken melee or unarmed instead. Oh well, I'm pretty much just popping heads with the varment rifle or 9mm so far.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Just rerolled and gonna run it on normal first.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Sweet,bout time, hit me up if ya need any tips, get ya a companion asap, just for the storage that they offer, don't waste your time on unarmed, hit up guns, sience, medicine, maylee, sneak first. Save right before you level up. Their is also a blockbuster on 71st and Lewis / riverside gob
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Went with
S 5
P 5
E 5
C 5
I 10
A 5
L 5
With guns, repair, and speech. Added 1 agility with intense training and added educated at 4. Should become godly when that pays off - gonna do intesnse traing to get endurace to eight so I can get max implants (just 8, don't need Int since I maxed that at start). Just got ED-E, he's killing most stuff before I can - may need to set the difficulty up a notch. What did yall play it on?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Good job with 8 on INT- that is the #1 thing to do. EDE is really good, and you don't need a really high PER with him either. I just did the default, and when you meet the Deathclaws you will still want to ratchet it down a bit. Not to mention those annoying mutated wasp-things.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 am

I also just played on default hardness level, but I was like level 15ish before I ever got a compainion, ya might wanna up the hardness level just a bit, but millers right deathclaws, cazors(wasp), nightskins and super mutants would be tuff as hell,
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:41 am

Four eyes made my perception a 6, and I've since done intense training to get my End to 8 and Agility is now 6. Also picked up adamantium skeleton perk, no more blown off limbs by stepping on a mine, yea!

Trying to decide if I want to do the Cowboy perk - I've been using mostly pistols anyway (That Gun). Now I have ED-E and Boone following me around sniping a lot before I can - smashing super mutants, nightkin, and wasps, but those Deathclaws are still too tough - I can kill em solo but packs/herds destroy us.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 am

be sure you get Boone the .50 cal (anti-material rifle). He owns with that thing!

The expansion pack is really good, and you might want to pick it up so that you have access to more perks and more levels to rank up. just don't go to the new area until you are about maxed in rank, as it can be pretty difficult.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 am

Will do.
I'm just heading north for the first time - level 15 and all my quests were up there so finally had to start heading that way. Getting close to the strip and getting nervous...
Aligned heavily with the NCR and they gave me a two way radio - didn't take the Archemedes II, instead I opted to spread the power and side with the Brotherhood of Appocalypse - not sure what difference the reps will make. Accidentally had to kill a couple folks in Novak so I'm a "smiling troublemaker" there - trying to play through as a good guy but they're making it tough to do.

Can't imagine not having a companion as a pack mule - Those first few levels alone were brutal with all the runs I made to my horde. I still spend way too much time running to my horde and different vendors - buying a lot of ammo right now, haven't tried reloading shells yet - seems confusing.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Ya reload thing is kinda pointless, ya you got a have a pack mule or two , be sure to look for the mail boxes in all of the towns
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3