Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bungie cracks down on credit exploits

+2
S7 Panzer
S7 Wiggles1778
6 posters

Go down

Bungie cracks down on credit exploits Empty Bungie cracks down on credit exploits

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Bungie has slammed the ban hammer and carried out credit resets on some 15,000 gamers they have identified as exploiting a challenge for extra credits.

The exploit allowed gamers to complete a challenge 20+ times through intentional network manipulation (disconnecting) earning them more credits than they should have rightly received. These gamers will find, by now, that their credits have been reset and that they have been banned for a 24 hour period. The one day ban is less of a punishment and more of a means of letting them know they've been caught cheating.

Bungie had this to say on their weekly update:

While we understand the compulsion to race to the top and earn all the good gear before any of your friends do, network manipulation and other easily detectable workarounds that fall well outside of standard gameplay will result in a credit reset and several other punitive measures designed to knock you back down to a level playing field with all the rest of us who are playing the game without having to resort to exploits.
Bungie has also stated that this is not directed at those who are simply playing the game grinding out credits on the Gruntpocalypse Firefight mode in Score Attack or abusing the Target Locator in the ONI: Sword Base mission. Keep in mind though, that the effectiveness of both of these will be greatly reduced by Reach's first playlist update coming this Tuesday.
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Bungie cracks down on credit exploits Empty Re: Bungie cracks down on credit exploits

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:08 pm

+2 Epenis for Bungie
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Bungie cracks down on credit exploits Empty Re: Bungie cracks down on credit exploits

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Fn tards! Cheating to get credits so your guy can have stuff that doesn't do anything ,fail. Cuddos for bungie for bringing the covent band hammer, hammer spree achived
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:55 pm

it is stupid that people did that i mean really i want to boost 4mil for what really an armor effect but stil have no still in the game NOOB

good going bungie
wish IW would man up like that
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:45 am

I've been accused of boosting more than once. It really makes me facepalm because those idiots don't know REAL boosters, like the Onyx commemoration level tards running around with G3 Lt. Colonel
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 am

so did u lose XP?
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 pm

No, of course not. I don't boost. I just play really well in match making, did gruntpocalypse for the stupid daily challenges that need to be done on gruntpocalypse, and that's it.

My point was that idiots will be quick to point fingers at anyone that has a higher rank than them, saying that you either have too much time on your hands, or you boosted. When clearly those morons haven't seen REAL boosters, which have Onyx awards. I'm nowhere near onyx for ANYTHING. and I only have gold for TWO awards.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Gruntpocalypse is great to quickly get hose daily challanges. I seem to run a few games a day just to clear those off.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down