Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 360 got knocked over from verticle to upside down. Won't play discs.

3 posters

Go down

My 360 got knocked over from verticle to upside down.  Won't play discs. Empty My 360 got knocked over from verticle to upside down. Won't play discs.

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Moved out my furniture last night and stupidly left the xbox verticle on the carpet. While I was sleeping a pet knocked it over from verticle to upside down. It was off, but had a disc in it. It has been repaired before and I think they put the bumpers in then to keep the laser from getting whacked from this happening. It will open and close fine, but when it closes with a disc it gives two quiet burbs while saying "reading" but then is silent and says "open tray." No red ring or error messages. I don't think it ever spins the disc when the tray closes, so maybe it doesn't sense there's a disc in there?

Well, it was out of warranty the first time they went ahead and fixed it, so I'm pretty sure it is still out of warranty. I'll try calling them though. What other ideas do you all have about it?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

My 360 got knocked over from verticle to upside down.  Won't play discs. Empty Re: My 360 got knocked over from verticle to upside down. Won't play discs.

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:51 pm

it sounds like the disc drive messed up..since you dont hear it wind up when its loading
sucks hopefully they fix it for free
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

My 360 got knocked over from verticle to upside down.  Won't play discs. Empty Re: My 360 got knocked over from verticle to upside down. Won't play discs.

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Seems to be working every 25 times or so of opening/closing. Got it running for the moment Very Happy
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:24 pm

The drive is a Philips Lite-On - I could see the yellow wires through the hole below the drive on the right. Manufacture date is 2006-05-09, but I'm pretty sure that is a replacement disc drive.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:37 pm

You know I have my original xbox it over heated rr of death disk drive works fine, do you know if it's compatible?
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks Thunder! No idea if they are swappable.
Just got of the horn with Microsoft and they had me clear the cash - seems to be working now. I'll post again if it screws up more later.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Ok
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down