Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reach Clan Match Question

+11
Air7Cav
S7 wonky
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Panzer
S7 Nate
S7 Epic
Atrum
S7 OC
S7 Sticky
Pharaoh Amun Ra
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reach Clan Match Question Empty Reach Clan Match Question

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:07 pm

I’m sure (like me) most of you are excited about Halo Reach coming out in a few weeks. My question is regarding our clan matches. During H3, I believe it was decided to have two different teams, one team being smaller, more competitive, and more intense (for lack of a better word) than the other.

I wasn’t very fond of that decision so I was wondering if there any plans on following the same format? Or, are there any preliminary thoughts?

Reach, I assume, will be a supported game and I plan on being a major part of any S7 team we put together on GB. I was just wondering what the CL and others thought about it.

I feel like a veteran since I’ve been with BBF/S7 for nearly 4 years but with my many hiatuses, I feel like I don’t know as much as I should, lol.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Reach Clan Match Question Empty Re: Reach Clan Match Question

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 pm

i am with my brother pharaoh on this one !!!
when i first joined (BBF) i hated seeing two teams
i think if anything we should have 1 main s7 (for every one to be in )

i did see why they made 2 teams becouse there was a good group of halo players aka Joe , Atrum, xpert that were a really tight team and very good with the game..

i can only hope when reach comes out we do support it and i know myself i am going to try and bring as many new people into the clan for halo as possible as i am a halo fan boy and cant wait for this game to come out
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:09 pm

As of right now the clan leadership has not met to discuss reach yet but will be soon. I can almost guarantee you that Reach will be supported by S7. As far as how the game will run and such that will be up to the game commander and his leaders.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:15 pm

I don't think that it really matters at all how the game is setup. If there's a good group of players that are on all the time (and by good I mean fun and active) then the game will do great. Practices will go smooth I'm sure. My concern is that when people are playing Team Slayer (or something with a similar size cap) other people will get angry. Our group seems a lot more mature and better able to just have fun with games now so I doubt it'll be a real issue.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Well, there were 3 teams for H2, 2 for H3, soooo...... H4 = 1? lol
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 am

Pharaoh,

I guarantee you that we will be doing something with reach. We plan on discussing it at the next CL meeting soon.

I will personally be playing this one alot and i know others will be too like klown, atrum, sticky, etc.

Dont worry, we will make it happen.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:24 am

I'll be on sept 11 all day playing the campaign with some fellow S7 members
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:28 am

I will be there as well....Heck, I still play H3 nearly everyday Embarassed
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:18 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I will be there as well....Heck, I still play H3 nearly everyday Embarassed
All I remember is playing all night with Klown and Cav and finally about 4am the wife smacking me! Laughing
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm not worried Tico, I was just wondering what you guys thought about it. Sounds good though. I'm ready..
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:35 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:
S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I will be there as well....Heck, I still play H3 nearly everyday Embarassed
All I remember is playing all night with Klown and Cav and finally about 4am the wife smacking me! Laughing
HaHa, I remember that (fighting the flood)...my wife would have, but she was already asleep...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 pm

i also will be playing at 12 for the coming days after and hope not to see two teams
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:22 am

Pharoah makes a good point. And just to throw a grenade in the punch bowl, that attitude still exists to some extent even in other games so Halo isn't unique.

More than enough times I have seen a group of us gather together in a room to play in other games only to see some members "mysteriously" drop off when a couple of game loses are suffered leaving the remaining players in the room going "WTF!!! Where did everyone go?". So in effect, you have the same Halo dynamic that Pharaoh asked about going on, i.e. the "highly skilled" players electing not to lose any more and play with the less skilled players thus leaving them on their own.

I understand that no one likes to lose but what is more important - your KDR/WLR or playing with your clan mates?

The "highly skilled" players have to learn to suck it up no matter what the game outcome if they really value being in a clan. Otherwise, we seceded for no reason and this clan dream is a lie.

Just saying.

Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 am

There is definitely a fine line between the two. I for one am the most driven and competitive guy in real life you'd meet, but in game I'm relaxed and play for fun. I enjoy the company and fun attached to gaming, like the head shots that some get and laugh as they are impossible to get...but when it comes to K/D I could honestly care less. This is a game, first and foremost. Reminder....in R/L there is no such thing as K/D as you only get one death Rolling Eyes

Keep it fun, stay and play, forget the "I gotta get my rank up" B.S. and you'll find that you'll have more fun. Trust me, I know it's hard to comprehend, but it's the truth. There will be GB matches for those more interested in WINS only, but when we're playing clan lobbies against the public try to have more fun with the experience and worry less about the K/D ratio. You'll be glad you did!!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:38 am

Games are for FUN....KDR is for girly boys
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 am

I'm a Girly boy then but I still have fun all the time. My life doesn't end because of a few bad games.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:44 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:Games are for FUN....KDR is for girly boys

so thats why tico takes 40mins to get ready putting on all that dam makeup and his stilettos affraid geek geek
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Air7Cav wrote:
I understand that no one likes to lose but what is more important - your KDR/WLR or playing with your clan mates?
playing with your clan-mates > W/L > K/D
Air7Cav wrote:
this clan dream is a lie.
No, the cake is a lie.

Since the split I really haven't noticed any cliqiness (yeah I know that's probably not a real word) and I hope we don't see that with Reach. I know people are better friends with certain other people than others and thats normal and fine and sometimes the party/room size plays a part too, but I sure hope no one ever gets a cold shoulder based on perceived gaming skill. I predict good times for all. geek
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:07 pm

I agree with coolhand. I really dont see any problems with cliques and what not.

We all play together whether its knightowl, or coolhand, or failRmiller, glock, jwriter, epic, or whoever.

not sure where you are seeing this as i (along with eveyone else prob) have been playing with everyone when it comes to a specific game. i understand we do have certain game groups (mw2, madden, etc) but those are because of a game.

I respect your opinion, and if you feel you or anyone else is being alienated, please let me know so we can work it out.

I think we have taken a huge step forward with this so called "dream" and i think this is what it should have been all along. we all get along (mostly!) and there is very few drama other than the occasional incident or two that usually gets taken care of.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 am

The way we have been practicing and playing clan matches--all together no separate skill groups--seems to work fine. S7 is drastically different from BBF in terms of player maturity and camaraderie. With the exception of Surf Goon no one sucks more than me at Halo, and i still manage to have fun and roll with the punches...all of that while still taking all of Tico's sh1t!
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:55 am

I also agree....
Everyone remember....when the game 1st comes out there will be members splitting up into groups and playing the many different game modes that are offered and the achievement seekers doing their thing but after all that wares off a little we'll be one happy family...so just be patient.
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 pm

ya what they said lol..

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Interesting responses.

I had a dream, a dream of a world (or clan) where those who play Halo JFF and those who play more competitively can get along in perfect harmony. lol

But seriously -- personally, I want to be able to get on GB and represent S7 to the best of our abilities. Therefore, playing competitively is important. The joy/fun of playing w/ clan mates goes without saying. Having fun should be our first reason for being here in the first place.

I always want to play w/ clan mates and only clan mates (I hate being alone, lol). But there is (and should be) room for us to play 2-3 clan matches a week (remembering my RB6 Vegas 2 days).

The JFF players, competitive players and those in who are somewhere in between, should be able to co-exist, right? I think so.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Absolutely Pharaoh....Heck the main reason I'm getting this game is because I miss jamming with everyone. Miss the big lobbies.
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:47 pm

all right here is my 2cents or buck o nine, really

first off since I'm still a liitle green when it comes to the whole clan thing and that I don't partake in "clan vs clan matchs" take the fallowing as just a my opinion. I'm a competitve JFF player and I think I'm usually a 7 on skill level (unless I'm hammered) and don't play the clan battles, because I can't(don't) make the practices. I really enjoy the camaraderie of the clan and just having fun with everyone online, totally make XBL 1000xbetter. I agree with pretty much everbody and think if It isn't broke then don't fix it. I also don't really care if other clans think my clan or myself are badass hardcore gamers,.I would rather they think that my clan is filled with cool ,respectful easy going, & skilled gamers than badass gamers that are cocky dicks

ok here I go:
when you play competitive rather it be a video game or any sport(like football), you wanna win. And in order to win your team plays the best players which is decided by the coach(gc) and the skills of the players at hand. Some people are just naturally good and others have to work harder and practice more to achive the skills to be good(true about everything in life) and become a top player or starter. So if your not the best player on the team, then you need to practice playing the game more and devote more time to the game.
In video games that involve teams, the whole team needs to work together as one bad ass team. One or two players might be the best a k/d , and their your quarterback and star reciever, but thay might not communicate as good as the other players, may not leave their post to get the flag, be able to drive the warthog or fly worth a crap, or have other skills that make the other teamates just as valuable. because without a good offensive line, defense, or coach your qb and star players are more than likely not gonna win the game. Anyway you probably get my point by now.
I think clan matchs should be run like sports.
everbody that wants to play signs up and partakes in the practices
Jff clan matchs everybody gets to play, hardcore competitive clan matchs the best people that can show up to play the game on game night get to play(start), if your not one of those "best players" and you wanna play hardcore competitive then you need to hit the weights and stay late after school and practice more. The coach could do this: the game is 6 player deathmatch and he has 10 players on the team he fills 4 slots with the top players that can make the game the other 2 slots are filled with 2 other players that get rotated in and out every clan match, if the guys riding the pine wanna play they got to get better and complaining about it is pointless IMO. anyway thats my opinion

S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next