Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like Reach way more than I anticipated.

+2
S7 Panzer
S7 mrmiller
6 posters

Go down

I like Reach way more than I anticipated.  Empty I like Reach way more than I anticipated.

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:50 pm

After a coule of weeks with Reach, I must say that I have been pretty impressed with it. I would say it’s my favorite of the Halo games since Halo 1 (which was the best- XBC FTW!). I liked 2 quite a lot, but didn’t really like 3 too much, and like this one a lot. I had planned mainly on playing the single player, getting a little multi in for a change of pace, then trade it off for the other big games coming out. Now my plan of buying this and then trading it a month later may just fall apart, as I’m enjoying it way too much. I know I will not trade it in as planned for Fallout, but still might for Black Ops.

The single player is good, and I like how it is related to the other Halo games more than just also have Spartans in it. Bungie did a good job with the story line and interweaving the past (err.. future?) games. Plus I like the Spartan squad, where you have intelligent wingmen playing with you.

But really when I talk Halo (or COD for that matter), I’m talking Multiplayer. Sure single player is important, but for only a small fraction of the time spent with the game. Multiplayer is where it’s at, and I’m having a good time with it so far. Last weekend was great playing the different game modes with the clan, but I haven’t had any consistent time playing anything else. I have been doing the team slayer, one or two matches here and there, on and off all week and really getting the hang of the different perks and weapons.

My favorite game mode right now is SWAT, but it could grow old on me with no different weapons or perks. Right now I am liking the hard-core type SWAT mode where you have to move around the map slowly and strategically, and “aim for the head” for one shot kills.

All the weapons seem good right now (except the covey sniper seems to have taken a hit) and well balanced. The assault rifle is still pretty crappy, but it is serviceable and good enough to get the job done. And I love starting off most rounds with the magnum, as then you always have a good gun to begin the game. Getting rid of the dual wielding was good, as that also did away with the pitifully weak weapons that were useless unless you had two and were in close range.

The only thing I really don’t care for, and that bores me, are the levels. Most are pretty boring, and seem to be repetitive in theme. There isn’t a lot of variance and “grit” to them as in games like COD. There are just too many clean “paint ball” staged courses, and not enough real word (even fake future world) environments. I’m all for having balanced maps, but to me the level design is lacking and the weak point. I still have some issues with matchmaking and the options available, but as I like team slayer the most, it doesn’t hamper me too much.

All in all, I’m glad I got this game and pleasantly surprised how good it is. Consider the Kool-Aid drunk.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

I like Reach way more than I anticipated.  Empty Re: I like Reach way more than I anticipated.

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Halo Reach is happening days before the Start of the first Halo game. If you have beat the game you can see the overlay between the two games. I also think this is the best halo since Halo combat evolved. I still like Halo 1's campaign way more then reach because with older games comes less boundaries and more possible ways of " Finishing the Fight ".
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

I like Reach way more than I anticipated.  Empty Re: I like Reach way more than I anticipated.

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:57 pm

i just love halo period!!!!!!

"halo fan boy "
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:21 pm

I actually liked Reach more than I thought as well. Still a few "halo" type of things that I don't really like but in general I think this is the best overall Halo game to date. Great campaign and co-op options as usual but more importantly, a better and more balanced MP. I have actually had fun while playing online. Still not sure about playing this actively, but I can say that it is much better than I expected and very well done. Good job Bungie.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:30 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:i just love halo period!!!!!!
"halo fan boy "
Embarassed Ditto.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:37 pm

love it!!

the space fighter level is fkn epic.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down