Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox live price increase November 1st

+12
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Coolhand
S7 Panzer
S7 Nate
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 Epic
S7 Bullet
S7 Glock
S7 Sticky
Floodsfire
S7 OC
16 posters

Go down

Xbox live price increase November 1st Empty Xbox live price increase November 1st

Post by S7 OC Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:25 pm

http://kotaku.com/5625516/xbox-live-price-increase-coming-november-1

Xbox Live Gold subscribers might want to renew before November 1, when the price of a yearly subscription to the service jumps $10 in North America.

According to a post on Major Nelson's blog, after eight years' of Xbox Live at the $50 a year price point, the service is finally seeing a price hike. Starting on November 1, a year Gold subscription to Xbox Live will run $59.99, versus the current price of $49.99. One month subscriptions will jump from $7.99 to $9.99, while three month subs will rise from $19.99 to $24.99.

Other regions will be seeing increases as well. In the UK the price of one month will jump from 4.99 GPB to 5.99 GPB. The price of a month in Canada rises a dollar to $9.99. Finally, a year subscription in Mexico rises from 499 to 599 pesos.

Microsoft is running a special deal right now for North American U.S. customers, allowing them to lock in a year at $39.99, $20 less than the new rate. For details, visit the deal website.

Jesse Divnich with industry analyst EEDAR sent out a statement accompanying the news, insuring consumers that $60 is still "an incredible value."

"When originally launched in 2002, a Gold subscription cost the same as an AAA video game, $49.99. When taking into account for inflation ($50 in 2002 is roughly $60 in 2010) and the additional services available to Gold subscribers in 2010, such as ESPN, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Last.fm and Video Kinect, a $10 price increase still represents an incredible value to consumers"

Whether or not $60 a year is an incredible value is ultimately up to consumers. What say you, consumers?

Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription [Major Nelson]

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Xbox live price increase November 1st Empty Re: Xbox live price increase November 1st

Post by Floodsfire Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:02 pm

I still don't think it's too bad, personally it's still worth it for all the content that Xbox Live has.
Floodsfire
Floodsfire

GamerTag : S7 Floodsfire

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Xbox live price increase November 1st Empty Re: Xbox live price increase November 1st

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:12 pm

well seeing how i am use to just riding the MS train i guess its cool

as long as it turns out to be worth it...
not happy with it but o well
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:07 pm

I don't mind the increase really. I mean no one likes to pay more for anything... but in perspective... with the added features and cost of doing business nowadays I think it makes sense.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:07 pm

think they should of made them optional. i won't use the features and i sure as hell don't want to pay for them. But like sticky said I'm just going to ride the train
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Whoop! No price increase for me!
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:57 pm

I'm moving to the UK!
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:30 am

S7 Bullet wrote:think they should of made them optional. i won't use the features and i sure as hell don't want to pay for them.
Exactly...I don't use any of those other options/services. I only use the xbox for gaming. No TV, no NetFlix subscription, no radio/music...just gaming. There should be a separate package for those of us that don't want their other BS!!! Why pay $10 for sh1t I didn't ask for, want, or desire? Mad

That's like Burger King raising the price of the Whopper and even though you don't want some extra side order they "force feed" it to you by putting it in your bag anyway...and saying too bad, inflation.... so we're charging everyone an extra $10. What would you say? Ok, I guess I'll just ride the train...hell no, you'd be pissed because you could use that extra $10 for beer, snacks, a movie, or gas.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:18 am

S7 Epic wrote:Whoop! No price increase for me!

fkn fail

Oh well, I am ok with it. If you look at how Live has evolved then i guess it was overdue.

heck i remember back in the day getting excited when xbox live 8 person chat rooms first showed up. Then we could have our clan meetings over at "millers house".
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 am

10 more dollars my dad has to pay per year he will never notice Xbox live price increase November 1st Icon_twisted
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:58 pm

*shrug* what can you do?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:58 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:*shrug* what can you do?
Play with your wii Embarassed Shocked Rolling Eyes
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:15 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:*shrug* what can you do?
Play with your wii Embarassed Shocked Rolling Eyes

Wii Wii Laughing
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Or we could all go buy PS3's and play online for Free.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:17 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Or we could all go buy PS3's and play online for Free.

fkn chomo, you would.

last thing i checked, its an xbox clan, jerk! Evil or Very Mad
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:01 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Whoop! No price increase for me!

well really as it stand the UK dashboard has about half of the stuff on it so i can see why they wont increase the price
if the north american dash is going to have x2 the amount of of stuff on it ...

but ya i really wont use any of the new stuff.
but hey if the price gets to you go buy s FAILSTATION!!!!
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 pm

Nah, it's the same, we just have 'Sky' instead of ESPN & Netflix.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Xbox live price increase November 1st Empty order today xbox live 1 year 29.99 at dell

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:05 am

just ordered two 1 year cards for $65 from dell, almost buy one get one free.
probably use one and save one for later prize, here is the link

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A2841849&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39715&lid=1003769
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:04 pm

arrrg dam you broken link!! Evil or Very Mad
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Floodsfire Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 pm

What kind of person would resort to playing PS3? What kind of monster would do such a vile act? What kind of...oh sorry Tico it just you.
Floodsfire
Floodsfire

GamerTag : S7 Floodsfire

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:15 am

Actually, If you've been a long-time gold member, you should get an email telling you about the price increase, but because you've been a loyal Gold Member for so long, you have to opportunity to set your renewal price at 39.99. It will take effect on your next renewal date. Mine sin;t until Jan 2011, so even though I agreed to the new price, I won;t be charged the 39.99 until my renewal date.

I've included the main part of my renewal message:

Dear James L Johnson,

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to 12 Months for $39.99 . This renewal goes into effect on Sunday, January 23, 2011. Here is a description of the service:

Limited Time Offer: Get a 12-month Gold membership today for the promotional price of just $39.99. As an Xbox LIVE® Gold member, you’ll have access to the best in gaming and entertainment. Enjoy the thrill of playing your favorite games online with friends, video chat, photo sharing, exclusive discounts on marketplace content, and early access to demos, trailers and downloads! For only $39.99 plus applicable taxes, your 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership helps you get the most out of your Xbox experience. Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price annual membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends. Pricing details can be viewed in the Account Management area of your gamer profile. For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Check your emails again...
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 am

S7 Jwriter wrote:Actually, If you've been a long-time gold member, you should get an email telling you about the price increase, but because you've been a loyal Gold Member for so long, you have to opportunity to set your renewal price at 39.99. It will take effect on your next renewal date. Mine sin;t until Jan 2011, so even though I agreed to the new price, I won;t be charged the 39.99 until my renewal date.

I've included the main part of my renewal message:

Dear James L Johnson,

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to 12 Months for $39.99 . This renewal goes into effect on Sunday, January 23, 2011. Here is a description of the service:

Limited Time Offer: Get a 12-month Gold membership today for the promotional price of just $39.99. As an Xbox LIVE® Gold member, you’ll have access to the best in gaming and entertainment. Enjoy the thrill of playing your favorite games online with friends, video chat, photo sharing, exclusive discounts on marketplace content, and early access to demos, trailers and downloads! For only $39.99 plus applicable taxes, your 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership helps you get the most out of your Xbox experience. Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price annual membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends. Pricing details can be viewed in the Account Management area of your gamer profile. For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Check your emails again...
Thanks J! I rarely check that email account and would have missed this. Very cool!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:30 am

there is also a deal on the dash board, 20% off 49.99 = $40, it says renew early, I think its on the spotlight blade or the one for gold members, its been up there for about a month, I saw it last night. IDK what happen to the dell deal, guess they ran out
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:50 am

Yep. Just locked mine in at $39.99. So when I renew in May 2011, I save me some drinking bucks!!

Didn't get the email Jwriter got so I had to find it the hard way. Click Marketplace at the top right of the Xbox Live screen in your browser. On the My Account drop down menu click Membership Level and it will give you your options.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down