Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iphone 4

+13
S7 Panzer
S7 Uncle Charles
Animefrk122
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
Air7Cav
rol3l3akarel3el
S7 Jwriter
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Smack
S7 Sticky
S7 OC
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

iphone 4 Empty iphone 4

Post by S7 OC Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:54 pm

I just got my iphone 4. A day early from fed ex. It is great so far a lot faster than my 3g. The screen is so bright and detailed it is crazy. Have not used the camera yet but am very happy with the upgrade.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

iphone 4 Empty Re: iphone 4

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:55 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhh jaaaaaaaaaaaa
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:56 pm

You lucky dog you hopefully I can get mine tomorrow ifthings go right.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Riding around the DC/MD/VA area today-- lines wrapped around the corner at EVERY Apple store. Some with 2 lines one for those who pre-ordered and one line for those who slept at the store overnight hoping to get one...Crazy!

Saw it..really nice. Funny story, one of my friends bought one today and THE FIRST thing he did was add a vuvuzela app iphone 4 Icon_eek .. When he shakes the phone it makes that god awful horn noise from the world cup...priceless!! LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm

My friend just got his about an hour ago. Got to play around with it for a bit, the screen looks so d@mn nice compared to my 3GS. I'm jealous, but I guess he'll be jealous of my iPhone 5 next summer.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:19 am

I was strolling through the mall with my cousin on Friday (launch day +1), and saw a short first come first serve line for the iPhone 4 outside the Apple store...so 35 mins later, I had my new iPhone4.

This is a great phone. The retina display really does make everything on the phone pop. As far as that supposed reception issue, I haven't encountered it, and I've called tons of people. Picked up a nice clear-ish Belkin case at Best Buy (Apple store was out of cases and bumpers).

The Multi-tasking is nice. Although it'll be more useful when they add that upgrade for the iPad in a couple of months. I use that more for work. The folders feature has been great. It really limits screen flipping and allows me to group my apps better.

The HD video is impressive, can't wait to start shooting movies of my newborn son. The camera is nice. I know it's only 5mp but the light meter is key to making the images really stand out. A lot of people don't understand that even is you have an 8mp camera on your phone, if you don't have a good light sensor, (or none at all), your pics will be grainy and not look as good as a 5mp camera with a light sensor. Just a little photographer's tip there. Also, the flash and dual camera's were nice additions. When my wife gets her white iPhone at the end of July, we're so using FaceTime...I'll still be able to see my son while I'm at work, how cool is that!

I upgraded from a 3G so I'm enjoying all of the 3GS features as well. All-in-all, this is the phone to beat. There's a reason every other phone manufacturer compares themselves to the iPhone.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rol3l3akarel3el Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 am

im jealous i have an older style phone lol
rol3l3akarel3el
rol3l3akarel3el

GamerTag : rol3akarel3el

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 pm

I guess I'm going to have to get off my ass and stop procrastinating.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:07 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:18 am

I saw that video a while back klown. It's great.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:54 am

ROFL! Good Stuff Klown. Haters will be haters and fanboys will be fanboys but at the end of the day two things are true. 1) That video was funny as hell and 2) The iPhone actually does kick ass.

It may not be the most feature rich phone out there but everything it does do, it does brilliantly. I love my iPhone!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:57 am

Whenever someone tells you what their phone does that your iphone doesn't just say...I don't care...LOL

I'm actually planning on checking out the Droid x this weekend , looks promising.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:38 am

Actually for me it's a little different. First off, when I bought my iPhone it was by far the best phone on the market (I am a 1st Gen owner). No one had ever made anything nearly as nice in form or function. You have to remember that the only reason you have phones like the HTC are because the iPhone was the first one to get it right. You also have to realize that every touch screen smart phone made today is still compared to the iPhone. Why is that you think? It's because it's still one of the best out there. Why? Because it works better and smoother than the competition and to this day, the iPhone touch screen is still the best and most responsive on the market. The end resault is an amazing product to hold and use.

Secondly, as crappy as ATT can be at times, they are pretty much the only provider that actually works in my area. Verizon is only so so and Sprint is a 100% no go. So even if I wanted the new 4G HTC (which looks very nice) I would not be able to use it.

Wow that was a much longer post then I originally set out to type. Long story short. For me it is less of a... I don't care and more of a... I have no choice. Fortunately for me, I really am very happy with my iPhone.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:37 pm

ROFLOL! I just found this article...

iPhone Users Have More Sex - http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1111538p1.html

Oh yeah that right! iPhone = WIN - All others = PWND

And some charts to further punctuate the point...
iphone 4 Apple-iphone-20100810034242032

iphone 4 Apple-iphone-20100810034243532

Suck on that HTC users!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Animefrk122 Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:52 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Actually for me it's a little different. First off, when I bought my iPhone it was by far the best phone on the market (I am a 1st Gen owner). No one had ever made anything nearly as nice in form or function. You have to remember that the only reason you have phones like the HTC are because the iPhone was the first one to get it right. You also have to realize that every touch screen smart phone made today is still compared to the iPhone. Why is that you think? It's because it's still one of the best out there. Why? Because it works better and smoother than the competition and to this day, the iPhone touch screen is still the best and most responsive on the market. The end resault is an amazing product to hold and use.

Secondly, as crappy as ATT can be at times, they are pretty much the only provider that actually works in my area. Verizon is only so so and Sprint is a 100% no go. So even if I wanted the new 4G HTC (which looks very nice) I would not be able to use it.

Wow that was a much longer post then I originally set out to type. Long story short. For me it is less of a... I don't care and more of a... I have no choice. Fortunately for me, I really am very happy with my iPhone.

But now fast forward a few months after the iPhone 4 release and its has become the biggest fail with the antenna issue; now not to bash the iPhone I do give it its credit to some degree but it still has a lot to be desired and the way apple has handled the antenna issue is they just shrug it off like its no big deal, and they would be right if for the simple fact every time you wanted to actually make a call you pretty much need to set the phone down on a table and turn the speaker on. Now the design of the iPhone is great with the exception the there is no way to remove battery or replace it yourself and if you are outside the warranty and have a bad battery you have to take into an apple store and have it replaced by them which is just a minor inconvenience. The other flaw of the OS 4 is that it does not support flash and just recently was updated with features that android had coming out the gate. Now I am not an iPhone user and was on the fence for some time in making a decision on getting one but after reading up on the phone itself, AT&T network coverage(which in my area is piss poor) and mainly what became a deciding factor is the way apple does the warranty which it is done as an advanced device and not an actual phone so you can only get a warranty through apple and it only covers faults with the device itself, not like things that are prone to happening with a cell phone in everyday life(lost, stolen, dropped in the toilet, shot(in some cases), ran over by a car etc.). Now for the phones technological advancement it is far superior to other phones in the market and I do agree the retina display is breathtaking and beautiful and the response of the screen is insane so as far as tech goes for this it is top notch but what kills it is the support behind phone and apple's disregard for customer satisfaction and their idea of a band aid on a broken leg fix for the antenna issue. Just Apple's attitude in general is "we really don't care because you will buy it anyway" approach on this whole matter has completely turned me away from their products at this point. As far a new phone for me goes I'm looking to upgrade in September from my blackberry to an android phone and see where it goes from there.
Animefrk122
Animefrk122
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Animefrk122

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:04 pm

@ amimefreak - I don't think you saw my secone rebuttal... iPhone Users Have More Sex. Case cloesed. Thanks for playing.

LOL j/k... sort of.

It is also worth note that I have a 3GS and not the 4 so I can not speak of the antenna problem personally but the people I know, that I have actually talked to, have no problem at all. None. I think the problem does actually exist but I think it has been blown way out of proportion by the haters. Apperantly, to get the reception to actually go down you have to cradle the phone with both hands. Who actually does that while on the phone?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:08 pm

I don't know about any of that...but I do know that the whole AT&T lack of coverage is holding the iphone back-- and of course the reported antennae issue. I am a blackberry user (long time) and am looking for another phone myself now. I'm thinking Droid x and after looking at the comparisons on CNET it's the clear winner. The HTC, iphone ($100 more), android 2, android incredible, whatever all fall short, plus I'm a big dude and am tired of balling up my hands to wrap them around the small Blackberry. The Droid x is larger and would fit my hands better when talking on the phone.

Last edited by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Animefrk122 Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:09 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Whenever someone tells you what their phone does that your iphone doesn't just say...I don't care...LOL

I'm actually planning on checking out the Droid x this weekend , looks promising.

hey let me know if you pick it up im looking at getting one in September when i can upgrade
Animefrk122
Animefrk122
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:11 pm

The iPhone antenna thing is an over blown issue more than any thing. I was talking with my brother about the new 4g eve as he is looking to get a new phone. He is on verizon but his girl friend has 2 lines on sprint. So he is going to switch to sprint. Very nice looking phone and I do give props to google for creating another good os as all other before them and the ios kind suck. My question on that phone is it all most to bit of a screen to fit in your pocket same with the new droid x. I would have to get a Hands on with the phone to know. I still think the ios and app store is more organized/user friendly than that of the droid os. Features wise with so many phones running that os they are sure to have a new phone with newer better things than the iPhone 1 phone a year. But I thing competition is great and more companies want in on this battle. I am a big apple fan and love my iPhone.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:20 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:@ amimefreak - I don't think you saw my secone rebuttal... iPhone Users Have More Sex. Case cloesed. Thanks for playing.

By the way 'Septor.... iphone users have more sex because they're vain,
impressionable, relatively younger, less experienced, more unstable,
and have more time on their hands than their hardworking, mature,
developed and well established, educated, sophisticated, stable married
adult counterparts that use HTC, Blackberry and Droid. iphone 4 Icon_clown Hence the thousands of apps....which translate into games/toys. Meanwhile Blackberry is how business gets done! LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Animefrk122 Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:40 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:@ amimefreak - I don't think you saw my secone rebuttal... iPhone Users Have More Sex. Case cloesed. Thanks for playing.

adult counterparts that use HTC, Blackberry and Droid. iphone 4 Icon_clown Hence the thousands of apps....which translate into games/toys. Meanwhile Blackberry is how business gets done! LOL

kudos clown LMAO
Animefrk122
Animefrk122
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:47 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:

So you're saying the Droid, BB and Android users are serious, old, stuffy, business minded, no fun sticks in the mud while iPhone users are young, partying, sex crazed maniacs. I fail to see how you think you win with that argument. iphone 4 Icon_jokercolor
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:56 pm

pas de touche old friend...
I fail to see how you think you win iphone 4 Icon_clown . I've been young and dumb, I'll take older and wiser for $200 Alex...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:19 pm

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree old friend...

You are older and certainly wiser than I. You and Alex can stay in on Friday night and watch Jeopardy. I'll be out having fun. It really works better this way. You see, I'll have someone to call to bail me out of jail if things get out of hand.

(And I should have no problem reaching you on your superior, stable and reliable phone iphone 4 Icon_wink )
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:35 pm

LOL, fair enough!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel