Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Division is live!

+14
S7 Chippy
Voyager42
Air7Cav
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Plague
BonzOmega
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Skandelous
S7 Sticky
DeadSockPuppet
S7 KnightOwl
Xpert2010
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Interseptor
18 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Division is live! - Page 7 Empty Re: The Division is live!

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:10 am

I don't know puppet.....The Elites we talk to always tell me I need to get in there to get the better weapons and gear. Not sure what to do. I met a couple really good players.....maybe I can round up enough to get me through a few rounds
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:57 am

I'm having a blast with this so far. Only level 13, so I will see what the endgame offers before making a final judgement, but right now I'm just upset I didn't get it earlier.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:57 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I'm having a blast with this so far. Only level 13, so I will see what the endgame offers before making a final judgement, but right now I'm just upset I didn't get it earlier.

LOL  Told ya. And there is so much to do in terms of missions (daily and weekly), "bounties" (S&D and HVT), incursions and assignments (daily and weekly) that you can't get it all done. When you get to level 30 and collect all the intel (drones, echos, etc.), you will see a whole lot of new stuff open up to you.

FYI - read somewhere that if you clear out an entire sector (neighborhood) of side-missions, encounters, etc., then you will open up the S&D missions for that sector's Safe House. Can't verify this because I cleared the entire game board first before the patch with the "bounties" dropped. If it is true, then you don't have to be level 30 to do them but it will suck because all your targets and their support personnel will be Veterans and Elites.  affraid

Suggest you work your way from West to East on the map. This will allow you to level up more efficiently. The sectors are associated to low levels up to high in difficulty respectively. Also the enemies evolve from weaker to stronger (Rioters, Cleaners, Rikers, LNB) respectively.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:17 am

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:I don't know puppet.....The Elites we talk to always tell me I need to get in there to get the better weapons and gear. Not sure what to do.  I met a couple really good players.....maybe I can round up enough to get me through a few rounds

Unc, they are right in a way. Don't know what gear value you are now, but you can get wpns and armor with gear values up to 214 without going into the DZ (up to 228 so far that I've seen in the UG). You just have to grind a little to build up your bank of currency and buy what you see at the vendors, i.e. weapons , armor or blueprints, pick up loot dropped from completing missions or killing named targets (like Destiny exotic engrams). But if you want to get the 230+ stuff then you will need to go into the DZ. Like Destiny, it is all about how far you feel you want or need to go, e.g. Raid for Raid gear or don't care.

Just remember, you, like most of us, are behind the power curve because a lot of players took advantage of the DZ when there were glitches and exploits and ranked up quickly with very high value gear. Now many of those same players run around the DZ preying on others who are trying to legitimately look for loot. I have seen clans run the DZ looking for players and taking them out so they drop their loot in the street to be picked up. Ubi really spoiled it when they added the ability to cut loot from the extraction cable so you not only have to fight off rogues, but you have to pray that you can protect the extraction from being sabotaged. BTW - every time you are killed in the DZ, you not only drop whatever you found, but you also lose DZ credits at about 500 a pop. So the Rogue, got your stuff and took some of your cash. Not kool.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:31 pm

If you're looking for some quality people to run with and need to gear up a character, the guys from the Dark Zone Report (DZR) podcast are running another Gear Up weekend this coming weekend. They'll have people on all three platforms running everything from helping people level characters to Underground missions with 4 directives. If you're interested, here's the link to the sign up form and the info on the event:

http://darkzonereport.com/gearup
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:15 am

Wish I was in town this weekend.....as puppet said....well worth checking it out. Good people willing to help
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:28 pm

I think somehow I got signed up as an Experienced Agent this time, I got info that seems to confirm that in my registration email. I don't know if it's because I picked the wrong option by accident or what, but I was looking to find a group to run Clear Sky with.

Probably after that I'll be up for picking people up to roll whatever and I'll be streaming again, so I guess I can do both.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Played some Undergound and I like the concept and random nature. Hit about lvl 10 I've been playing in groups of 2 or 3, typically single phase on hard with the first two directives (no mini map and one skill at a time) and they're not super difficult and give decent XP rewards. I hear that challenging difficulty isn't worth the like extra 150 XP per run, due to how long it takes to run and how many hard runs you can do in the same amount of time.

For the most part, the gear and weapons you get on hard are just broken down for mats or sold for recal funds. However, I've been getting 268 gear and 229 weapons out of the level caches so that's not too bad. I've yet to really get anything that has helped out, but that's probably because PS4 players had an extra month to gear up for UG. Max GS for XB1 and PC payers was 228 when they went in and with 1.3 PS4 players could come in at 255 (I was 239 on my main and 232 on my alt).

Overall, not too bad and a better option than DZ for gear, but it will get old as a grind. I'll give it the weekend and then it's on to NMS after Tuesday. Now back to women's beach volleyball...
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:20 am

I feel you Puppet. Like UG much better than DZ. Thanks for the heads-up on challenging diff.

Like the opportunity to get higher level gear and weapons - better rewards satisfaction than Destiny. Although on my last run in UG, I got 2 caches which when I opened them up I received the same LMG at the same level as the one I already had. Sad Easy deconstruction. Probably happened because I'm just a lowly 211. Sad Sad

I also like the way that Div randomizes the location for S&D and HVT missions. Keeps them kinda fresh since they still play a part in Phoenix credit accumulation.

Still waiting for new stuff in Destiny.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:07 pm

@Cav - when you're getting ready to cash in the caches you get for each UG level, make sure to equip your highest level item for all 3 weapons and all 6 gear slots, whether you normally use them or not.

When determining your reward, the game looks at your current GS and gives you a weapon or gear piece that should help raise your level. If you're at 211, the game will give you 204 weapons and 214 or 240 gear pieces. If you can bump your GS up to like 220-230, you'll probably start to get 229 weapons and 268 gear pieces.

The randoms items that drop in the missions and the rewards don't use the same system for what level the rewards are, so you can drop back down to your 211 build for running missions. The UG missions look at 1.) number and which directives you use, 2.) number of phases the mission is, and 3.) difficulty you set the mission on. To get 229 weapons and 268 gear set pieces you need to be on the a harder settings with more phases and directives.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:10 am

Thanks for the info Puppet. Sounds like Destiny when turning in ingrams. Will remember that next time.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:34 am

Air7Cav wrote:Thanks for the info Puppet. Sounds like Destiny when turning in ingrams. Will remember that next time.

I thought the same thing when I first heard how it works.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Puppet, it worked!!! cheers   Had a cache that I hadn't opened yet and got a supply drop in regular map territory so I did what you suggested. Got 2 more 204 wpns and a 240 gear and a 214 gear after opening both up!!  Shocked   Bumped me up from 211 to 214 right away.  cheers
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:55 pm

Air7Cav wrote:Puppet, it worked!!! cheers   Had a cache that I hadn't opened yet and got a supply drop in regular map territory so I did what you suggested. Got 2 more 204 wpns and a 240 gear and a 214 gear after opening both up!!  Shocked   Bumped me up from 211 to 214 right away.  cheers

This is why I carry 229 weapons and 268 gear on my main that I don't use and 268 gear on my alt, so I can get better cache drops.  I've heard this also works with the 2 monthly supply drops you get after the 1st and 15th if you have the season pass.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7