Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been out of the console arena for so long I have no idea where to even begin. Help me.

+11
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Interseptor
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Xpert2010
Atrum
S7 Sticky
S7 DROOPY
DeadSockPuppet
S7 mrmiller
S7 Panzer
S7 Vision67
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I've been out of the console arena for so long I have no idea where to even begin. Help me. Empty I've been out of the console arena for so long I have no idea where to even begin. Help me.

Post by S7 Vision67 Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Like Title.

I know jack all about what games are hip on these new fangled consoles you youngsters have.

To show that I have at least tried to put together a list of pros/cons (aka games that look fun), see below, and help me decide which console to get to pwn a new generation of kids with you old farts.

PS4
Destiny
Uncharted 4
No Man's Sky PS4/PC
Last of Us Remastered
The Division
FF XV (BIG PRO)
KH3 (BIG PRO)
FF7 Remake (BIG PRO)
R6: Siege
Free PSN gaming, right? Like, any online multiplayer is already free without needed to get PS+?

XBone
Halo Collection
Destiny
Halo 5
R6:Siege
The Division
Con: Need to get XBL and pay for it.
Gears of War

On paper, it looks like the clear winner is PS4. But like I said, I know jack about these consoles, the last time I was really on top of knowing about consoles was back when we were still BBF lol.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

I've been out of the console arena for so long I have no idea where to even begin. Help me. Empty Re: I've been out of the console arena for so long I have no idea where to even begin. Help me.

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:39 pm

To be honest Destiny is a lost cause not because its a bad game but that you will have to put almost 3 games worth of cash down to play the most up to date content ( my opinion ). Last of Us is always a solid choice with great story and gameplay. Uncharted collectors edition is coming out so if you haven't played the first 3 its a $60 investment that will get you ready for the fourth installment. As for the other up and coming PS4 multiplayer games you will have to ask Interswepter and Kenny as I am rarely active unless its a game that really grabs my attention. Hopefully soon I will settle down and be on regularly. Also PSN runs just like Xbox live does if I am not mistaken, so it will cost you $ as stated on this support article ( https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5060/~/ps4-online-multiplayer-requirements ).
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

I've been out of the console arena for so long I have no idea where to even begin. Help me. Empty Re: I've been out of the console arena for so long I have no idea where to even begin. Help me.

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:22 pm

My choice was to play with my friends, as that is one of the main reasons I play games. I picked my friends over everything else. Do what's best for you and your reason for getting back to playing games.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 pm

The decision for me was kinda opposite logic to miller. I have a toddler that doesn't always allow me to play MP games so I wanted really solid games with killer SP so I could jump on an play alone and jump off from when needed.

That being said, I do play a lot of the games that are for both platforms consoles and that are geared more towards MP, everything just depends on the time the kiddo gives me.

Some of the games that I've really been geeked about and am looking forward to (because I didn't have a PS3) are:

The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted The Drake Collection
Uncharted 4
God of War 3

Like miller said, you need to pick the console that will be best for you, based on what you're looking for. We're a lot smaller group on PS4, but we're just as dedicated at playing as the XB1 guys and we're actively recruiting on both sides.

As a final thought, if you're a COD guy, I'd suggest going XB1 because we really don't touch the game on PS4 while the XB1 crew is pretty competitive. Some of us might pick up the next COD for zombies, but that will probably be the extent of it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:09 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:My choice was to play with my friends, as that is one of the main reasons I play games. I picked my friends over everything else. Do what's best for you and your reason for getting back to playing games. Xbox live usually runs about 35 bucks from buy.com

~mrmiller
amount of friends => amount of fun,
last of us is great but ps3 version probprob just as good and cost about 15bucks for the game

xbox 1 media stuff is pretty awesome if you spring for the kinect, fall updated dash board looks awesome, xbox also has a lot of college football and ufc stuff, plus games with gold has more non indie hippie games
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:13 am

S7 Vision67 wrote:Like Title.

I know jack all about what games are hip on these new fangled consoles you youngsters have.

To show that I have at least tried to put together a list of pros/cons (aka games that look fun), see below, and help me decide which console to get to pwn a new generation of kids with you old farts.

PS4
Destiny
Uncharted 4
No Man's Sky PS4/PC
Last of Us Remastered
The Division
FF XV (BIG PRO)
KH3 (BIG PRO)
FF7 Remake (BIG PRO)
R6: Siege
Free PSN gaming, right? Like, any online multiplayer is already free without needed to get PS+?

XBone
Halo Collection
Destiny
Halo 5
R6:Siege
The Division
Con: Need to get XBL and pay for it.
Gears of War

On paper, it looks like the clear winner is PS4. But like I said, I know jack about these consoles, the last time I was really on top of knowing about consoles was back when we were still BBF lol.

PS+ is no longer free its the same price as xbox live.
99% of the clan is on xbox

but really i would say pick the system you like the most that has the most games that you like .. and hope your friends have that system as well
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:51 am

Vision you play Halo. Halo 5 beta was great (looks much better than Halo since 3 came out).

At this point both consoles are getting a lot of good games in the next 6 months or so. Games already out are honestly not a big factor as they'll be pretty much unplayed. I know for XBO I'll be playing Halo 5, R6, and Fallout 4. I'm sure PS4 has plenty of titles too.

Also, XBO is getting backwards compatibility. So you'll be able to get digital versions of your 360 games if you feel like playing older games.

IMO if you're going to play with the clan, obviously go XBO.
If you don't plan on playing with us much then you could go either way.

There are a few guys on PS4, but the same could be said of just sticking with PC gaming.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:18 am

It might also be worth noting that KH3 and FFXV are going to release on Xbox One too, and possibly the FF7 Remake as well since that one is "releasing first on PS4"
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:28 am

S7 Sticky wrote: really i would say pick the system you like the most  that has the most games that you like ..  and hope your friends have that system as well

^^^This!!!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:34 am

As Sticky stated above, PSN has changed a bit on the PS4.  PS+ is required for most online gaming.  The only exceptions are F2P games.  Games like Warframe, Planetside 2, War Thunder are completely free to play on the PS4 without a PS+ subscription required.  ESO is also playable without a subscription to play online.  As well as apps like Nextflix, Hulu, Amazon etc... (I think this is now the same with XBL too).  Still, any games like the Division, R6: Siege and Destiny will require PS+ subscription to play online.  The Sub is $50/year.

Generally speaking I still feel the PS4 is the superior system of choice but the XB1 has made great strides over the last year.  I also think the hardware is superior and games tend to run better on the PS4 in general.  But for me it comes down to the games and the PS4 has more of the games I want to play.

We have a small but active group playing on the PS4 every night.  Generally we focus more on the co-op aspect of games over PvP.

Sum up:  Pretty much what everyone else has said.  Go with the system that speaks to you more.  You will find more clan members on the XB1 side of things but we still have friends to play with over on the darkside as well.  Good hunting!

EDIT: ESO does now require a PS+ sub to play since it went free to play online.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:23 am

Do what I did.....Get Both!
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:35 am

More people in clan have an xb1 so you have a greater chance to have someone to play with, on ps4 your going to have to play solo or what the majority plays, when they play. Clan events will more than likely be on xbox, since ps4 is so so small.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:58 am

Nintendo Wii? Rolling Eyes
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:28 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:More people in clan  have an xb1 so you have a greater  chance to have someone  to play with, on ps4 your  going  to have to play solo or what the majority plays, when they play. Clan events will  more than likely  be on xbox, since ps4 is so so small.
See I try oh so hard to not even post on the forums unless it's to help anymore. But I'm really tired of seeing posts like this, from both sides. You basically posted the same exact thing in this topic twice, for what reason I may ask?

And don't insinuate that the Ps4 side is some type of Communist group where it's their way or the highway. It was exactly the same during the 360 era. It was just a bunch of smaller groups that only got together when the 'hot' new game came out or  CoD practice nights. After that we just went to do our own things as it always was. 

Here's another question, whether you answer or not is up to you. How many people are on you friends list, and how many do you play with when you are on? I need to get a feeling of scale here, there is always talk of playing with clan members, yet the only time it seems people group up for anything is, surprise CoD. So wouldn't that fall into the logic you yourself say, play solo or what the majority plays?
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Joe, as per the post above there's a lot of butthurt available too on PS4. Are you looking to buy Butthurt XII: We Still Make Angry Posts? If so definitely go PS4 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Seriously though Kenny, obviously members prefer the console they own.

I'm not a good reference since I mostly play on my own, but I always have 15-20+ people online. Generally spread throughout 3-4 games. It's nice because pretty much any game I want to play there is a group I can play and chat with on the same game.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:59 pm

OK, OK, all the clan stuff aside. Looking at your original post I gather 2 things. 1) you like JRPGs and 2) you may not be able to afford XBL/PS+ (so the friends stuff is potentially pointless). With this in mind I would go back and look at the games available for each system that speak to you.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Have both and don't notice a performance difference.    Both have their perks and exclusives.  So I'd say if solo gaming is most important to you then choose the console with more of the exclusives you want.  If social gaming is most important then choose the console with more of the people you want to game with.  I like the option of PS4 for some exclusives, but I do all my social gaming on Xbox.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:22 pm

i know thats why  i picked up both  
day one edition xbox  (release night)
and
Destiny edition ps4 ( a few months later)

my main is my  xb1 and pc    
and for the odd ball exclusive i have my ps4   (mostly for  uncharted and god of war)

but really for me Halo is my Puzzy =)  so i will always be on xb1

plus  the big thing i am looking forward to is win 10 coming to pc and xb1  it will enable  cross plat forum play with the pc   and the Xbox   will be able to get  mods for game that the pc community has made    so think about getting HD Packs and  skin mods for MMO's and all that  should be SICK.  i know  with  the witcher 3 on pc i run a HD pack for 1440  play and it looks so sexy.

the backward  compatibly with older games is nice i can log into a game like Blops2  and  play with user  on the 360  from my xbox one for no added cost  i can either download my digital games or  pop in the disc

plus the boost  DX12  will give the xb1  will be nice to see games coming out   that the devs used it in .  one thing MS will always have over sony    is Software since MS makes their own and sony has to use a 3rd party

either way people  will be hurt by what system you pick  so again Pick the one that betters YOUR needs and wants
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:06 pm

AtrumX wrote:
I always have 15-20+ people online. Generally spread throughout 3-4 games. It's nice because pretty much any game I want to play there is a group I can play and chat with on the same game.
< this was my point
example: you want to play a co op game, 4 is the max coop players allowed to play at one time, you logon, 4 out the 5 ps4 guys are already on and just started the coop mission, you will have to play with random people or ride the pine and wait till they are done or play a different game. This will happen more probably on ps4, mathematicly more probable. On xbox you can send invites to more clan mates and get another group go n and play thw coop mission. Another exmaple look at skyrim the guild has waaaay more people and you can share supplies therfore you probably will not have to farm as much making the game more fun, plus with guild talk you can talk to your whole guild thats online and meet up. I don't get the game much but when i do i can game with a bunch of people on different games. I play games to have fun with my bros so i usually go to the bar that has the most people. i dont like scheduling when im going to have a play date with people. Plus we have girls on the Xbox1 lol
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:33 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Plus we have girls on the Xbox1 lol
As Droopy points out, the Xbox has drawbacks as well.

Jkjk
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Please make you're choice soon so the dick-wagging can stop.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:36 pm

DeadSockPuppet wrote:Please make you're choice soon so the dick-wagging can stop.  
Let's keep this constructive and friendly everyone.  What's done is done.  Time to move on.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:17 am

Xbox cuz Xbox, now get Xbox and let's play some Xbox joe bro Xbox
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:22 am

Either way Vision there will be no hobo chasing after you as you leave McDonald's. How have you been? Seriously though what is most important to you in a console.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:58 am

S7 OC wrote:Either way Vision there will be no hobo chasing after you as you leave McDonald's.

well he had that one coming to him walking down the strip at 3 am
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next