Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next gen console entertainment apps announced

+4
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
S7 OC
8 posters

Go down

Next gen console entertainment apps announced  Empty Next gen console entertainment apps announced

Post by S7 OC Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am

This is the list not all will be available at launch for the Xbox
Happy to se amazon instant video as I do rent movies from amazon and watch on my ipad but on tv would be better.  Espn is good but we knew about that one already. Red box instant sounds cool not sure if it is subscription based but could be good.
Any thoughts?

• Amazon Instant Video
  • Crackle
  • CWTV
  • ESPN
  • Fox Now
  • FX Now
  • HBO Go (listed as "coming soon")
  • Hulu Plus
  • Machinima
  • MUZU TV
  • Netflix

• Redbox Instant by Verizon
  • Target Ticket
  • TED
  • The NFL on Xbox One
  • Twitch
  • Univision Deportes
  • Verizon FiOS TV
  • Vudu

• Ps 4 apps all available at launch. 
  • Amazon Instant Video
  • Crackle
  • Crunchyroll
  • EPIX
  • Hulu Plus
  • NBA Game Time
  • Netflix
  • NHL GameCenter LIVE
  • Redbox Instant
  • VUDU
  • YuppTV
  • Sony Music Unlimited
  • Sony Video Unlimited

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Next gen console entertainment apps announced  Empty Re: Next gen console entertainment apps announced

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 am

What is the progam that lets you play the Ultraviolet moves on Xbox? I never have used it, but I hear it is pretty useful- is it on the list (Vudu maybe)?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Next gen console entertainment apps announced  Empty Re: Next gen console entertainment apps announced

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:06 am

@oc there is an amazon app on the 360 now and a redbox one too. Redbox has pretty much the same library as amazon but with the subscription you get like 6 kiosk rental coupons. 
@mrmiller the app is flixster and it is sweet aits a good way to watch your uv 1080p movies on bad part is you have to use your pc to enter your codes to update your library
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:26 am

I did trials of both Amazon Instant and Redbox Instant and was VERY underwhelmed by both and cancelled them before my free trial expired.  My opinion is just stick with Netflix if you have that.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:26 am

That's it- Flixter. I don't see that one on either platform Sad

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 am

Ugh, 98% of my time watching shows is on Crunchyroll or HBO Go. Hopefully both are added soon. I still have my 360 for that though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 am

Crunchy, Netflix and Hulu are my main apps. Amazon will be added soon to my list as well so I am good to go. (1 week to go!!!)
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:40 am

At husker true amazon and redbox are pretty much just like netflix only thing is amazon sometimes has specials like last week they had world war z for a buck but to get the specials you sometimes gor to buy it on the amazon web site then log into the app both are pretty crappy imo
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:48 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:That's it- Flixter. I don't see that one on either platform Sad

~mrmiller
i would like to see flixter as well i have alot DVD on there  would be nice for some one that does not have netflix or hulu like myself to be able to get to my dvd's i have already bought
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Cool I had netflix but the library sucked. There really wasn't much that I wanted to see so I cancelled it. Didn't know about amazon or redbox on the 360.  Is Amazon streaming linked to my prime account?

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:24 pm

S7 OC wrote:Cool I had netflix but the library sucked. There really wasn't much that I wanted to see so I cancelled it. Didn't know about amazon or redbox on the 360.  Is Amazon streaming linked to my prime account?
Yes, if you have Prime, you automatically have the streaming service.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Kinda a side topic but does anyone know if you have Prime do you still have to pay the rental fees for the Instant Video and if so what's the benefit of having prime?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:40 am

Rental fees yes. Benefits of prime, free one day shipping (main reason I have it). Streaming movies/shows for free, over 350,00 kindle titles can be borrowed for free. And a lot of times items will be slightly cheaper when purchasing.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:40 am

I wanted to watch some shows my DVR deleted (thank you AT&T) but they cost like $2 a show, which pisses me off since I lost like 4-5 shows.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down