Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read this when time permits

+2
S7LEGENDARYSARG
S7 K1ll3rKlown
6 posters

Go down

Read this when time permits Empty Read this when time permits

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:06 am

I thought this was a pretty accurate read, filled with many valid points.
Maybe it's time to not only say how angry we are with this trend, but actually DO something about it with our wallets and social media.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/19/how-you-can-help-put-a-stop-to-broken-games

I'm not an activist, just an angry gamer.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Read this when time permits Empty Re: Read this when time permits

Post by S7LEGENDARYSARG Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:12 am

Thats a good article and it is very true!!
S7LEGENDARYSARG
S7LEGENDARYSARG
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : LegendarySargE9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:11 pm

I can't believe people STILL pre-order games anymore. With all the problems with Halo, AC, AW and more you'd think consumers would wake up to the pumped and dumped games the devs have been rushing out for deadlines. Hell, the AW Xbox One Bundle I pre-ordered was fucked up when they promised us the download a day early and 2XP before "the public" release. I bitched and complained about a week and finally got the Season Pass for 20$ out of it. It sucks because I want to get the Witcher 3 the day it releases but I'm very skeptical even though CD Red has been pushing back release dates and said all the DLC will be free.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by S7LEGENDARYSARG Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm

You do make a very good point! I hardly ever preorder anything anymore! AW was the last thing luckily i didn't go straight to online i just had to beat the campaign which sucked but Owell
S7LEGENDARYSARG
S7LEGENDARYSARG
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : LegendarySargE9

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Ragnarok Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Yes, a long interesting read but very true. Halo is a prime example of what they were talking about
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Ragnarok

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:29 pm

I think the MCC doesn't really fit into what he's talking about. Most people were aware of potential issues and concerned with online fidelity well before the game launched. It's a re-releause upgrade combination of games literally generations apart. That's why most people waited several months before making the purchase.

For current games, he makes a valid point - to a point.

Obviously if you're on the ropes for a game and some laggy multiplayer or glitchy coop would have made you NOT buy the game, you should be waiting to buy it anyway. If it's a game you've played the series for, read up on, and know you'll enjoy - go ahead and preorder. For instance, there's no way on earth I won't be buying Halo 5. It'll be preordered/preinstalled so I can play it right at launch. I know what I'm getting, and a few party issues here and there won't effect me buying it at all.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:42 pm

ConsciousEntity wrote:I can't believe people STILL pre-order games anymore. With all the problems with Halo, AC, AW and more you'd think consumers would wake up to the pumped and dumped games the devs have been rushing out for deadlines. Hell, the AW Xbox One Bundle I pre-ordered was fucked up when they promised us the download a day early and 2XP before "the public" release. I bitched and complained about a week and finally got the Season Pass for 20$ out of it. It sucks because I want to get the Witcher 3 the day it releases but I'm very skeptical even though CD Red has been pushing back release dates and said all the DLC will be free.

I believe the Witcher 3 is a exception to this rule but I could be proven wrong.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:11 pm

i will preorder games that i truly want. if im unsure i wait for them. I owned ac never ran into a single glitch the whole time i played it. Same with many other games. Call of duty has always been glitchy since call of duty 2. Plus it also depends on the devs many actually care about the games others don't. But to your point we live in the age of internet where things come in patch's these days all company's do from firmware to updates. From cellphones to game.
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down