Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’

+6
Atrum
S7 Coolhand
S7 Panzer
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 OC
OneBadHuskerFan
10 posters

Go down

It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’ Empty It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:09 pm

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’ Empty Re: It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’

Post by S7 OC Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:19 pm

Wow that's sad.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’ Empty Re: It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 am

Sir, let me remind you, we do not negotiate with terrorist!
Shocked Oh wait, maybe this generation does....

We've become something that gets stuck under your shoe after a hard rain. A spineless country of wet goo. Embarassed --Meanwhile in Korea they think he's the baddest man alive. He faced down the US and won....sad day. 

Every brave American in Arlington National Cemetery just rolled over in unison.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:54 am

I will find it, somehow.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:55 am

The actions of a corporation do not reflect on US foriegn policy, nor can the US tell a corporation what to do in that situation.  Plus the Sony conglomorate is Japanese.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:57 am

Coolhand, I know this and you know this, but there's a thing called perception. 
It's stronger than fact....and that's a fact.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:49 am

Sonys HQ is in Japan...
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:53 am

Way too true.  I'm sure "Dear Leader" is counting on that.  This makes me want to see it that much more.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:21 am

ill find some were to watch it dont worry =) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:42 pm

To be fair, didn't they just say they aren't doing theater releases? Sounds like it'll still be straight to DVD.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:01 pm

No, the news has been reporting that audiences have been asking on social media if there will be blue-ray / DVD releases and Sony has said no.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Quick, someone hack Sony and steal a copy...

oh, nvm.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/18/kim-jong-un-death-scene-from-the-interview-leaks-online/

Nice how this is the only part of the movie we may get to see.  There is an embedded video at this link.

It also seems this has become a US foreign policy matter:
White House Says Response To Sony Attack Will Be 'Proportional'
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/12/18/371675379/white-house-says-response-to-sony-attack-will-be-proportional
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Everything has been officially cancelled and unless the movie is leaked, all we get are the trailers:

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Interview-Get-VOD-Release-From-Sony-68732.html
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:57 pm

I was thinking the same thing, then I realized it's a Japanese company.  Still spineless and wrong, but what are you going to do? Sony is really hurting financially, and the entire hack is almost an act of war that could bankrupt them. Particularly if it threatens their partnerships with LG and Samsung (they co-own a lot of factories and make the same parts) in South Korea.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Japanese company but a Hollywood production being shown in America not Japan. Still not sure I even think North Korea is responsible with out help. Very spineless way to do things.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:24 am

Honestly, if Korea is involved I tend to think China has a hand in it as well.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:28 am

I agree they shouldn't  have pulled the movie after the hack, but should they have really  made the movie in the first place? Thwy could have used a fictous(sp) regime that resembles  n Korea  or just a fake regime. Idk if its really  necessary  to make movies about killing  world  leaders unless we are actively  at war with them or they have attacked us. Exspecially a young leader like kim that has already  been threating US. Remember homefrount, cod airport level, the last rambo. There's  things that I don't think are necessary  for entertainment for a large scale of audiences. I personally  whould not have paid to see the movie and was disappointed that Franco and Rogan  made the film, but I also thought  the film was more a spys like us film and really  about 2 goofballs being spys with a mission  that they were not comfortable with and probably  kill kim by accident  after they decide  they can't  do it. I view things with the golden  rule attitude. Do we want a countries  making movies  about  killing  are president? Which they probably  do and we do too, but us Hollywood  is the big dog on entertainment for the world, so I think some stuff just doesn't  need to be that detailed. Oh ya and why whould a forgin company  want to make such a movie that if released would make the US more hated or when they pull it to make the US look weak?
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:35 am

I'm with you Droopy. It was a bit unnecessary after all. But in their defense it's just comedy. I guess a comedy about our Prez getting assassinated wouldn't be too funny. So yeah it was overboard. 

But once you commit you have to stick to your guns. If it passed all the tests and was slated for theaters don't change plans now.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:07 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Everything has been officially cancelled and unless the movie is leaked, all we get are the trailers:

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Interview-Get-VOD-Release-From-Sony-68732.html

And the death scene which was leaked yesterday which is in the post above yours
http://nypost.com/2014/12/18/kim-jong-un-death-scene-from-the-interview-leaks-online/
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:45 pm

This stuff is crazy.  This is semi-harmless stuff, but what happens when it comes down to people's lives being at stake (for real).  Stuff like "If you release this information/movie/whatever then a person will be killed" and they actually follow through if something is leaked.  Man, we are living in interesting days guys.

Hackers to Sony: We'll stand down if you never release the movie
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:16 pm

sony is saying they might release it  for free now
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:41 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:sony is saying they might release it  for free now

Yeah, I've seen unconfirmed reports that they might release it on Crackle.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down