Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview: Xbox One's Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten

4 posters

Go down

Interview: Xbox One's Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten Empty Interview: Xbox One's Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu May 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Just some more information...

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Interview: Xbox One's Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten Empty Re: Interview: Xbox One's Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten

Post by S7 OC Thu May 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Good video he asked some good questions. I hope they have mics available at launch so I don't have to talk to the kinetic and have the audio blasting.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Interview: Xbox One's Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten Empty Re: Interview: Xbox One's Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu May 23, 2013 8:41 pm

A lot of non answers. Sounds like a politician.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri May 24, 2013 12:25 am

Yeah very true matt

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 24, 2013 10:32 am

One thing I did like was how he explained the possible need to always be online. The system is made to do computations in the cloud, and the developer can choose if they want to do that. So if the game is offloading calculations to the cloud, you will need to be online for that to work. I think it's interesting and opens up a lot of possibilities.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 24, 2013 10:35 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:One thing I did like was how he explained the possible need to always be online. The system is made to do computations in the cloud, and the developer can choose if they want to do that. So if the game is offloading calculations to the cloud, you will need to be online for that to work. I think it's interesting and opens up a lot of possibilities.

~mrmiller

Yep, that is how EA built Sim City and it worked out so well for them... Oh wait.

But all kidding aside, the cloud could make the system much more powerful with less need to upgrade hardware down the road.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down