Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DLC (The Dark Below) will arrive on Dec. 9th

+3
Lithix
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Go down

DLC (The Dark Below) will arrive on Dec. 9th Empty DLC (The Dark Below) will arrive on Dec. 9th

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 am

And it looks pretty underwhelming IMO.

3 new story missions
3 new MP maps
1 new strike for Xbox One, 2 new strikes for PS4 (total bullshit IMO).
1 new raid
Light level raised to 32
New weapons, armor and exotics.

I'll be playing it since I bought the expansion pass along with the game, but I'm not overly excited about the lack of fresh content.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

DLC (The Dark Below) will arrive on Dec. 9th Empty Re: DLC (The Dark Below) will arrive on Dec. 9th

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:27 am

Yeah the rumor was about as much content as listed above so I am not too surprised.  I would like more content but I still enjoy the content I have now so I suspect I'll eat up the new content just as much.  Any idea when the next DLC is scheduled?  Curious on how often we can plan on new content.

PS4 content - That is a little strange.  I knew about the Launch content but I am a little surprised to see more exclusive content in the DLC too.  I know it's all only timed content but that kind of sucks for Xbox users.  Especially with suck limited content to begin with.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

DLC (The Dark Below) will arrive on Dec. 9th Empty Re: DLC (The Dark Below) will arrive on Dec. 9th

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:46 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Yeah the rumor was about as much content as listed above so I am not too surprised.  I would like more content but I still enjoy the content I have now so I suspect I'll eat up the new content just as much.  Any idea when the next DLC is scheduled?  Curious on how often we can plan on new content.

PS4 content - That is a little strange.  I knew about the Launch content but I am a little surprised to see more exclusive content in the DLC too.  I know it's all only timed content but that kind of sucks for Xbox users.  Especially with suck limited content to begin with.

The 2nd DLC will be in March from what I understand (every 3 months).
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:52 am

It would be nice to see some free content in between but I don't see that happening.  We'll see how long my interest holds but right now I am still enjoying the heck out of this game.  Every time I boot up to do the same thing over and over again, I love every minute.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lithix Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 am

In case anyone has not see the new Exotics that come with the expansion. Pics at the end of the article.

http://planetdestiny.com/destinys-expansion-exotics/
Lithix
Lithix

GamerTag : oO Lithix Oo

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:04 pm

So I can wander around in the Seraphim Vault right now but they just won't be unlocking it until March? The lack of content is killing me here, I really can't imagine this DLC holding me over for three months.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 pm

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:So I can wander around in the Seraphim Vault right now but they just won't be unlocking it until March? The lack of content is killing me here, I really can't imagine this DLC holding me over for three months.

Looks that way.  Seems like all the infrastructure is there already for both upcoming DLC's and they just need to populate it with enemies.  It's a great game, but just seems so much more could have been done considering the budget and the rumored time frame they've been working on it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:08 pm

Yeah, I am with you guys.  Wish there was a lot more content.  I'd also be nice to see some free content updates but I don't think that is going to happen.  I wonder how much of this is being controlled by Activision and how much is decided by Bungie?  A lot of this seems like a cash grab.

Still, as stated earlier, I can't seem to stop playing and I have fun each time I load up.  I think that speaks volumes about the core game, just wish there was more of it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Exactly, I have tons of fun with the game but it is lacking in a lot of areas. I know Bungie would never choose to hold out on content (their track record speaks for itself), but Activision is known for ripping every penny from its customers. Had this game been created by Bungie alone, I know we would already have at least 2 raids and probably 3 by now.

I'm so sick of this season pass BS in every d@mn game. Just give us the full game like we always used to have and if you really have a strong fanbase that is willing to pay for more material, make more AFTER the game comes out and release it as an expansion. The only console DLC I have bought are the expansions for Morrowind and Oblivion and the Undead Nightmare for RDR (all of which could almost be full games by themselves). I was really planning on buying the DLC for Destiny but I don't know anymore.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:09 pm

IDK- for the price point is seems about as much as any other DLC. If it was a full out expansion like WOW or something, I would expect more, but this is in line with what you get with most console stuff. COD will give you 4 or so maps, a new zombie map, and possibly a weapon- for $15! So it's along the same lines really. The big kicker is this game just isn't "epic" enough, and that what I think a lot were expecting, and hoping the DLC would bring some of that in. It will get me back to playing for a couple of weeks for sure, and I look forward to it. I like the game, there just isn't much to do anymore, so any DLC will be a fun change of pace for a little while.

And forget about no season passes or no DLC. If they couldn't do that, games would cost more than $60 new as they expect to cover some of that cost in the post sale purchases. You can't get everything for free, and no one wants to spend $80-$100 for a standalone game (even if we do it when we essentially pre-purchase season passes).

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:41 pm

IDK, Bungie didn't really have the best of relationships with Microsoft. Thus why 343 Industries is now a thing.
I'm sure it's all about contracts and $$$, but Bungie probably enjoys sticking it to MS just a little bit.  Very Happy
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:00 am

No pod racing, no space battles... underwhelming is an understatement.  I really don't see myself buying this right now, but I'll reevaluate how I feel come December.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:34 am

I'm definitely going to have to find some new people to raid with when the DLC comes out.  I'm not thinking there will even be enough people here left to do it on the new one.

As it is I have about 1 bounties worth of leveling for the last weapon I have to fully level.  Once I'm done with that there's nothing to do other than wait for the Strange Coin guy to see if he'll be selling anything I need/want.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down