Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Until Dawn

2 posters

Go down

Until Dawn Empty Until Dawn

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:49 pm

So I finally got around to looking at Until Dawn today and frankly, it looks pretty cool and ambitious.  PS4 exclusive horror game where anyone of the main characters can die and choices have sort of a butterfly effect on the outcome of the story. Sounds a little like Heavy Rain which was also a cool in that respect.  Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/until-dawns-hollywood-infused-ps4-reboot-is-absolu/1100-6421731/
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Until Dawn Empty Re: Until Dawn

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Sounds like this has a lot of potential and will probably remain on my radar.  If it turns out half as good as it sounds, it should probably be worth at least a rental.   That being said, it sounds like if would really be a good purchase due to the butterfly AI.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:20 am

Yeah, you would have missed Heavy Rain on the PS3 but it sounds a little like that.  Heavy Rain wasn't great but I really liked it.  The coolest part of that game was the inability to fail. Now that sounds weak but it was actually cool.  The trick was that while you couldn't fail any particular part of the game, people could die and the end of the game would be different.  Even up to the point where the bad guy can win and everyone else dies.  What made it fun for me is that I played through the game without ever reloading a scene.  So if someone died, I moved on and kept the game going on one single playthrough.  No restarts to get better results.  The end result was a game that was uniquely my experience and it was quite cool.  Also, added tention to each scene knowing that my guy could die if I got it wrong.

If this game pulls off something similar, it should be good fun.  Heavy Rain had something like 50 different endings.  This is supposed to have hundreds.  I'm keeping an eye on this.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down