Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One April Update to Improve Friend Notifications, DVR and More

+7
S7 Sticky
KCCO Stevo
Atrum
S7 OC
S7 Zalacious
S7 K1ll3rKlown
OneBadHuskerFan
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Xbox One April Update to Improve Friend Notifications, DVR and More Empty Xbox One April Update to Improve Friend Notifications, DVR and More

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Finally...

From now on, Notifications will let you see when favorites and friends log on...

Xbox One April Update to Improve Friend Notifications, DVR and More
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Xbox One April Update to Improve Friend Notifications, DVR and More Empty Re: Xbox One April Update to Improve Friend Notifications, DVR and More

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:04 pm

See...all you "negative Nancys" it's coming along. They intend to give you all the things you had on x360 plus some, but transporting those features to XB1 takes time. Yes they could have waited and did it all prior to release---granted that's true. But then you'd complain that the PS4 is out and the XB1 isn't yet. It's hard pleasing everyone.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Xbox One April Update to Improve Friend Notifications, DVR and More Empty Re: Xbox One April Update to Improve Friend Notifications, DVR and More

Post by S7 Zalacious Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Funny. I thought next gen means you build upon the previous iteration, not slowly add basic functions over time that were part of old gen.

I honestly don't care that much, I am enjoying my xbox, just amused by your posts.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Remember the x360 didn't start where it is now. It took years to perfect it to what you see. So once you create this "next" version you need to go back and implement all the things you and the developers have already worked on previously that worked...but not with this new software in the same sense. These are new lines of code that need to be written to achieve that same effect. So once you work out the kinks and add those slowly you start working on the new ideas you have for this foundation.

Think of a new S7 website. Over the years you could have integrated great things like voicemail and facebook links but once you start using new software you have to re-write all the code you've already decided were good ideas to make it work on S7 clan website #2. Same principle. You will eventually get around to all the new ideas like having drones deliver the COD tourney flask directly to members homes --but first you have to go back to step one with new software just to get the email working again.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:50 pm

True klown but the 360 did start with all the features of the original Xbox right?
Build upon what is there not here we will add it in later

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm not making an excuse just explaining that to achieve the same goal once you start using totally different technology you first have to go back and get the basics working again-- before you can add on the new "wow factor" stuff you guys want and expect. Just saying be patient and reasonable.

Seems to me that's what they are doing...going back and adding the things that have already been proven to work. Eventually you'll see the reason they went with more powerful hardware.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Meh, the interface works fine for me. The updates make it more convenient, but my games are already performing far better than the 360 can push.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:46 pm

The only think I have about the Xbox One is a simple point that there is still not anyone who can explain why I am "wrong".

What we (Millions upon Millions of people) paid:

-500$ +Tax for a console that is more expensive and component wise, a step down from the PS4 (Not saying that to say it, it is a solid fact, PS4 has better hardware right now).
-60$ + Tax for at least one game on launch, vdery very few people did not buy a game right out of the start for some reason, but it still happens.
-30$ + Tax for a rechargable battery/charge station. This was the most sold accessory other than the controller at launch
-60$ + Tax for a second controller lets say about 1/3 of the people bought a second controller which we can agree may be a really low number considering a lot of people saved about 20$ at most Gamestops if bought with the console
-60$ + Tax for Xbox Live for a Year (a lot of people may have gotten a package deal at a discount so we will say 40$)

Grand total not counting tax 690$ or more.

Now in my case, which is honestly a good chunk of people, bought a few games including the TitanFall Pre-order, Extra controllers/accessories, and not to mention the XBL memberships which totaled an average of about 800$ or more!

So why did we end up paying more money for a console than the competitor when the new console doesn't even have the more basic and standard functions of the last generation one.

Now I am not a PS4 or XB1 fanboy, I have owned both, I just like the XB1/360 controllers better with how they fit to my hands. And I honestly wish I bought the PS4 first and waited on the XB1 because my buddy has the PS4 and it at least has the same functions as the PS3 with the new stuff that came with the PS4.

Also, we still don't even have the basic functions like YouTube and Netflix able to be used without PAYING for Xbox Live. And all these services are FREE!

So honestly, I do not blame any of the people that are upset that this console isn't anywhere near up to pare that it should be for what we paid considering what we had. Sure the 360 had a bunch of stuff added to it as it went, but the Xbox Gen 1 basics were still included at launch considering the 360/PS3 were the unofficial starts to the massive online gaming for consoles.
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

GamerTag : KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:31 pm

PS4 and XBO hardware specs are equal. People just do the standard best buy shopping "Oh bigger number must be faster" method when comparing specs. The actual throughput is so close any difference would not be noticeable. That combined with things like cloud offloading of processes may tip the scale one way or the other. Either way with how early this gen is it's pointless to compares specs as they are still nowhere near optimized in game coding.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:47 pm

My point STILL stands. Millions of people paid an average of about 600-700$ for a console that is incomplete and honestly, garbage. I have been a MCsoft supporter for years and they fucked up bad on this. At this day and age with technology, with the amount of testing that is done and planning, there is no reason for this many problems. Why do I have to reset my Xbox at least 5 times a day just so the d@mn thing will recognize that I have a mic plugged in or just for the game to load instead of just crashing to the dashboard without even getting to the first loading screen. Could it be a glitch with my system? Nope. Because this is system number 3 that I have. I have tried selling is on craigslist and such to no luck and I will not get low-balled for a 200$ offer on a NEW console by gamestop. So again, my point still stands. We have all honestly been ripped off and played by MCsoft with this "new entertainment console"
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:51 pm

1.  I'll take the Kinect over the better memory the PS4 has.  Development will get better with optimization of the XB1 hardware to the point that games won't be distinguishable anymore between the two (they hardly are now anyways).  I'd put the graphics of Ryse up against any game the PS4 has to offer.

2.  The cost of the Kinect is what causes the higher XB1 price and is well worth it IMO.  You can always buy the inferior camera for the PS4 if you want.

3.  The Play & Charge kit isn't a necessity.  People willingly bought those.  For half the price I bought 4 Eneloop rechargeable batteries and they last longer than either consoles rechargeable controllers.

4.  A second controller?  If you bought two for the XB1 you'd buy two for the PS4, point is moot.

5.  To play MP games you must have XB1 or PS+ so that point is moot...unless you play ONLY SP games 100% of the time...and an extrememly low percentage of gamers fall into that category.  

6.  While some of the "basic" functions of the 360 weren't there at launch there are new and innovative ones that are there, and we are seeing MS listen to the public and fixing/making new additions regularly.

With all that said I'm seeing many more people switching from the PS4 to the Xbox One compared to the other way around.  People are getting over the "OMG PS4 HAZ BETTER RAMZ!" and realizing that the Xbox One is a very capable machine.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Also, just popped in Forza 5, got that amazing disc grinding noise. Console number 4 will be picked up today. And I have also already tried to get my money back from Gamestop and MCSoft and was basically told to screw off. They already have my money and don't want to give it back for their crappy product.
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:54 pm

KCCO Stevo wrote:I have been a MCsoft supporter for years and they fucked up bad on this. At this day and age with technology, with the amount of testing that is done and planning, there is no reason for this many problems. Why do I have to reset my Xbox at least 5 times a day just so the d@mn thing will recognize that I have a mic plugged in or just for the game to load instead of just crashing to the dashboard without even getting to the first loading screen. 

I've had mine plugged in since about 12:20 AM launch day and have had very few problems at all.  What is garbage to you is awesome to me.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:57 pm

KCCO Stevo wrote:Also, just popped in Forza 5, got that amazing disc grinding noise. Console number 4 will be picked up today. And I have also already tried to get my money back from Gamestop and MCSoft and was basically told to screw off. They already have my money and don't want to give it back for their crappy product.

Then trade in your XB1 into Gamestop and take advantage of their 50% bonus deal right now towards a new PS4.  You can get $397.50 towards a PS4.  Then you'll be in heaven and won't have to deal with MS any more.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Wow so you mean to tell me that I will get to just give away 100$ and throw it in the trash to get a PS4? NO WAY! That way they get to keep 100$ and further rip me off???? NO WAY!
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:19 pm

KCCO Stevo wrote:Wow so you mean to tell me that I will get to just give away 100$ and throw it in the trash to get a PS4? NO WAY! That way they get to keep 100$ and further rip me off???? NO WAY!

Or you can just keep complaining about the Xbox One over and over, which really doesn't make much sense to me but to each their own.  If venting about it makes you feel better than go for it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:28 pm

I have a perfect reason to be mad. Just give me 500$ of your money, I will give you a product that does not deliver, then have you trade it in, I only give you part of your money back so you can switch, not to mention the fantastic exchange rates for games that I promise to give so you can then buy games for your new console.
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 pm

In the end you took the chance on a product and it didn't deliver for you. I said what I think is the best option for you. If you decide not to go that route and continue to play the Xbox One and spending money on more games/accessories and continue to call it "garbage" then that just makes no sense to me at all.

I apologize if I seem a bit harsh but this kind of stuff gets under my skin. If you hate something as much as you claim to hate the Xbox One but continue to support it then, to me, that's silly and you have nobody else to blame but yourself. Maybe it's just an expensive lesson learned on your part and maybe wait next time before spending that kind of dough.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm completely happy with the XBO, it's everything I expected it to be and I enjoy playing it. Can it improve? Of course. I'd be more worried if it couldn't.

I'm still on my first xbox, but then again I'm a tech guy and I also strangely never have PC issues. Must be the luck of the Irish I suppose lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:08 pm

the xb1 still has lost of room to  shine and im happy they are fixing the issues it does have cant wait
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:58 pm

KCCO Stevo wrote:The only think I have about the Xbox One is a simple point that there is still not anyone who can explain why I am "wrong".

-500$ +Tax for a console that is more expensive and component wise, a step down from the PS4 (Not saying that to say it, it is a solid fact, PS4 has better hardware right now).
-60$ + Tax for at least one game on launch, vdery very few people did not buy a game right out of the start for some reason, but it still happens.
-30$ + Tax for a rechargable battery/charge station. This was the most sold accessory other than the controller at launch
-60$ + Tax for a second controller lets say about 1/3 of the people bought a second controller which we can agree may be a really low number considering a lot of people saved about 20$ at most Gamestops if bought with the console
-60$ + Tax for Xbox Live for a Year (a lot of people may have gotten a package deal at a discount so we will say 40$)

Now in my case, which is honestly a good chunk of people, bought a few games including the TitanFall Pre-order, Extra controllers/accessories, and not to mention the XBL memberships which totaled an average of about 800$ or more!

So why did we end up paying more money for a console than the competitor when the new console doesn't even have the more basic and standard functions of the last generation one.

Now I am not a PS4 or XB1 fanboy, I have owned both, I just like the XB1/360 controllers better with how they fit to my hands. And I honestly wish I bought the PS4 first and waited on the XB1 because my buddy has the PS4 and it at least has the same functions as the PS3 with the new stuff that came with the PS4.

Also, we still don't even have the basic functions like YouTube and Netflix able to be used without PAYING for Xbox Live. And all these services are FREE!

So honestly, I do not blame any of the people that are upset that this console isn't anywhere near up to pare that it should be for what we paid considering what we had. Sure the 360 had a bunch of stuff added to it as it went, but the Xbox Gen 1 basics were still included at launch considering the 360/PS3 were the unofficial starts to the massive online gaming for consoles.

Because we are early adopters.

Plus, we care about the social aspect of gaming.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:06 pm

AtrumX wrote:I'm completely happy with the XBO, it's everything I expected it to be and I enjoy playing it. Can it improve? Of course. I'd be more worried if it couldn't.

I'm still on my first xbox, but then again I'm a tech guy and I also strangely never have PC issues. Must be the luck of the Irish I suppose lol
Pretty much this. Not one issue even when everyone complained about the mic. I had one night my mic gave me a problem for all of two mins. Other than that perfect system. No worries.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:39 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:
KCCO Stevo wrote:The only think I have about the Xbox One is a simple point that there is still not anyone who can explain why I am "wrong".

Because we are early adopters.

Plus, we care about the social aspect of gaming.

~mrmiller

dat
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Anonymous Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Your forgetting that PS4 now has a yearly subscription same as MS. The reason why the xbox one is 100 dollars more is because it came with the kinect and if you think about it that's the same that Sony would charge if they included the playstation eye. Streaming is way better on the xbox one over the PS4 and they were the first one's that could stream . They both have pro's and con's.
S7 Anonymous
S7 Anonymous
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Anonymous

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPhQhajTx16oQzE34FYPTiG

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Anonymous Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 pm

Downloading the new update right now hopefully I still can talk in parties with people that didn't get the update.
S7 Anonymous
S7 Anonymous
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Anonymous

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPhQhajTx16oQzE34FYPTiG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next