Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killzone getting lukewarm reviews...

+2
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
6 posters

Go down

Killzone getting lukewarm reviews... Empty Killzone getting lukewarm reviews...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Average score of 74 with 18 critical reviews in so far.  Not horrible, but from what I've seen graphically I expected to see higher.  Kotaku said don't even bother playing it.  That's a surprise.  It will be interesting to see how the exclusive XB1 games compare.

Killzone getting lukewarm reviews... Ku-xlarge
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Killzone getting lukewarm reviews... Empty Re: Killzone getting lukewarm reviews...

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:31 pm

I'll be getting my copy no later than x-mas, maybe sooner so I'll let you guys know what I think when I get a chance.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Killzone getting lukewarm reviews... Empty Re: Killzone getting lukewarm reviews...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:40 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I'll be getting my copy no later than x-mas, maybe sooner so I'll let you guys know what I think when I get a chance.
Cool.

I'm hoping the critics are just being a little hard on these launch games and while I expect Forza will get some nice reviews, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryse and Dead Rising 3 get about the same scores as this.  With that said, I've had a blast on plenty of games that have had a lower score than expected so I don't take all of these too seriously.  I was just honestly surprised by this one.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Sounds like the reviews for a Halo game - Looks pretty, 10-15 hr for campaign, play the MP.  Still think this will be one of my first purchases.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah, I was a little surprised too.  Still mostly positive reviews and I am looking forward to playing it.  I have really enjoyed the series so far and expect this to live up to the past titles and even surpass it in terms of MP.  Should be a lot of fun.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Doesn't Killzone have a history of overhyping and getting bad reviews? I'm sure it's going to be just as solid as the previous games, it just seems to be something their marketing guys do.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:26 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:I'll be getting my copy no later than x-mas, maybe sooner so I'll let you guys know what I think when I get a chance.
Cool.

I'm hoping the critics are just being a little hard on these launch games and while I expect Forza will get some nice reviews, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryse and Dead Rising 3 get about the same scores as this.  With that said, I've had a blast on plenty of games that have had a lower score than expected so I don't take all of these too seriously.  I was just honestly surprised by this one.
Ryse is my pick to be the best launch exclusive.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:46 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
Cool.

Ryse is my pick to be the best launch exclusive.
I would be very surprised at that personally.  Maybe I just haven't seen it in the right light but Ryse strikes me as mediocre at best.  I suspect Forza 5 gets rave reviews, DR3 and Ryse getting OK reviews.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Well, Forza is perhaps the obvious choice but I think Ryse has a lot of areas where it can score big and potentially edge Forza out.

- Graphics, to showcase the power of the XB1 (Forza is arguably prettier but it's only a racing game.)
- Gameplay (cross between Arkham and Assassins Creed)
- New, Exclusive IP

My guess is that both this and Forza will be a few points either side of 85/100.

When the 22nd comes, make no mistakes, I'll be logging plenty of hours on Forza....but which game is going in the disk tray first? For me, it has to be Ryse.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:21 pm

I always find it hard to compare racing game visuals to other games. Ryse looks impressive but I'm still undecided on buying it as it kinda strikes me as a quick 1-time play-through type game. (Like Kameo was to the 360)
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:26 pm

AtrumX wrote:I always find it hard to compare racing game visuals to other games. Ryse looks impressive but I'm still undecided on buying it as it kinda strikes me as a quick 1-time play-through type game. (Like Kameo was to the 360)
This has been my thinking, which is why it's in my first Gamefly slot, but no plans on buying it.  The only games I buy are ones that I think will have plenty of replayability, which is mainly MP games for the most part.  SP games I can just get from Gamefly.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 pm

AtrumX wrote:Doesn't Killzone have a history of overhyping and getting bad reviews? I'm sure it's going to be just as solid as the previous games, it just seems to be something their marketing guys do.
This. I was disappointed with the first one, but it wasn't that bad of a game. It happens all the time when things get a ton of pre-release hype (movies too). If you go in with low expectations, it's probably going to be better than you thought.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:37 pm

Wasn't the Killzone series slated as a "Halo Killer" and it never really got the following of Halo?  Either way, what I've seen looks sexy and even if it's not a "Halo Killer" and it doesn't live up to the hype, I've never played a Killzone game so it will be something shiny and new to me.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Wasn't the Killzone series slated as a "Halo Killer" and it never really got the following of Halo?  Either way, what I've seen looks sexy and even if it's not a "Halo Killer" and it doesn't live up to the hype, I've never played a Killzone game so it will be something shiny and new to me.
Yup, they've thrown a ton of money into making it the 'Halo Killer' as you said. Halo ended up committing suicide all on its own though. lol.
It'll definitely be a fun/shiny shooter.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:10 am

And despite all there "Halo Killer" talk it always felt a lot more like Gears to me.  Aside from being 1st person, the weight and movement felt more like Gears plus all the blood/gore etc...
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down