Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo III getting pretty high marks for it's console versions

+4
S7 OC
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
OneBadHuskerFan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Diablo III getting pretty high marks for it's console versions Empty Diablo III getting pretty high marks for it's console versions

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:53 pm

I don't really know what to think since I've never played a Diablo game, but I should be getting Diablo III from Gamefly the end of next week to give it a shot.  Looks like the console version is much better than PC.

Blizzard’s Return To Consoles Is A Smashing Success
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Diablo III getting pretty high marks for it's console versions Empty Re: Diablo III getting pretty high marks for it's console versions

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:48 pm

It is first in my queue with no other games out, so hopefully I'll be getting it too.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Diablo III getting pretty high marks for it's console versions Empty Re: Diablo III getting pretty high marks for it's console versions

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:49 pm

not going to pick this up on console .... might rent it but  the review were just like the pc ones its all good untill you hit the end game  which there really is not one

let me know what you think about it matt since u play the pc version as well
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 pm

I've been playing a new Barb build lately, and love it. So it will be interesting to see what I can run on the Xbox without the uber gear.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:17 pm

WIN! GameFly has already shipped my D3.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:13 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:WIN! GameFly has already shipped my D3.

~mrmiller
Nice.  I was expecting that but apparently the game I sent back on Wednesday still hasn't gotten back.  So I guess I'm screwed.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:29 pm

I missed this I have it in my q but have 2 games out right now. I'm going to try and send one back to get it but also want to get GTA so may hold off on this.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:22 pm

S7 OC wrote:I missed this I have it in my q but have 2 games out right now. I'm going to try and send one back to get it but also want to get GTA so may hold off on this.
At this point that's what I'm going to do.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:45 am

So far this is really fun going back to nothing and haveing to really play the game. I only had to do that for the first PC play through, then the others are just a pain as you have to level your new characters up but with uber gear from the get-go so that there is no challenge. It basically was just a grind, and now I really have to play the game and use the items I find as my character advances.

One cool thing is the drop rate is much better. I'm not even through act 2 on normal, and have found 4 Legendary Items! I was in Inferno (4th difficulty, and 4th play) before I found one on the PC version.

If anyone else picks it up, we can co-op. I don't have too many items to share, but may have some gold which is important at the start. Plus, I would like to start a monk to play for Co-op, and would rather do that with teammates than XBL randoms.

~mrmiller

S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:05 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:
One cool thing is the drop rate is much better. I'm not even through act 2 on normal, and have found 4 Legendary Items! I was in Inferno (4th difficulty, and 4th play) before I found one on the PC version.
hmmm, seems like it kind of defies the point of giving an item 'Legendary' status if they drop really easily.  I guess I'm more of a fan of making it a pain in the ass to obtain rare gear.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:28 am

Xpert2010 wrote:hmmm, seems like it kind of defies the point of giving an item 'Legendary' status if they drop really easily.  I guess I'm more of a fan of making it a pain in the ass to obtain rare gear.

but its not like other games were calling it legendary makes it a high tier good item..
i would 99.99999999% of them are crap and DE for crafting mats

@matt im going to look around and see if there is a plus were i can rent it would not mind giving it a try on console since i did about the same thing as you 

first time playing i leveled and geared off of drops   then the next 5 times were o i got the gold  so i just bought top tier items
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:32 am

S7 Sticky wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:hmmm, seems like it kind of defies the point of giving an item 'Legendary' status if they drop really easily.  I guess I'm more of a fan of making it a pain in the ass to obtain rare gear.
but its not like other games were calling it legendary makes it a high tier good item..
i would 99.99999999% of them are crap and DE for crafting mats
That's odd.  I played through D3 the initially released difficulties, got to the highest possible level, and I never had a legendary item drop.  I didn't know that their stats were sh1t. lol.  That also kinda defies the point of giving an item 'Legendary' status.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:33 am

I'm going to also see if I can rent it some place maybe red box.  I had it on my gamefly but didn't send back a game in time. I am going to be saving that slot now for GTA5.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 am

Yeah, GTAV is just too close and I am still playing Splintercell too.  Gonna have to pass on the D3 goodness.  Too bad.  I really wanted to play it.  Maybe later down the road.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:23 am

Well looks like im just going to buy the thing  my dad was  wants to play it as well so now ill own d3 on xbox and pc 

DAM U Blizzard!!!!!!!!
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:43 am

I rented this one, as I know I'll probably buy it on Xbox One, and can't have 3 versions can I? Then again, I might pick it up on one of the GameFly sales on the cheep later on.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:14 pm

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Got lured in by the call of epic loot!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:38 pm

d@mn, I wish I would have gotten it now seeing some of you playing!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:20 pm

made tico go get it and console version for some reason seems alot funner
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:01 am

Must resist blizzard, GTA in 10 days...

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:46 am

....it's already owning me. Me and Sticky are about halfway through our Nightmare run, and have already created another character too. It's cool to get drops that are actually useful.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:01 am

Found a copy at a a red box online going to pick it up today. : )

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:35 am

Better get to grinding. I would recommend a Monk or Barbarian for a newbie, as their survivability is much greater than the others.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Went with a barbarian enjoying it so far.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next