Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryse getting thrashed pretty good on reviews...

+3
S7 Coolhand
S7 Zalacious
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Go down

Ryse getting thrashed pretty good on reviews... Empty Ryse getting thrashed pretty good on reviews...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:27 am

I still plan on playing this when I get it from Gamefly, but the reviews are less than stellar.  Metacritic average so far of 61.

[*]EGM 7.5 / 10
[*]OXM 7 / 10
[*]Everyeye.it 7 / 10
[*]Gametrailers 70 / 100
[*]Eurogamer Italy 70 / 100
[*]Eurogamer Germany 70 / 100
[*]GamesRadar 70 / 100
[*]VideoGamer 70 / 100
[*]IGN 6.8 /10
[*]Polygon 6 / 10
[*]Kotaku YES
[*]Gamesradar 3.5/ 5
[*]Eurogamer 5 / 10
[*]Destructoid 5 / 10
[*]Shacknews 5 / 10
[*]Joystiq 2.5 / 5
[*]Rev3 2 / 5
[*]Gamespot 4 / 10
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Ryse getting thrashed pretty good on reviews... Empty Re: Ryse getting thrashed pretty good on reviews...

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Yeah, I thought the game looked good from a visual stand point,but  the game play looked to be a bit stale.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Ryse getting thrashed pretty good on reviews... Empty Re: Ryse getting thrashed pretty good on reviews...

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:54 pm

S7 Zalacious wrote:Yeah, I thought the game looked good from a visual stand point,but  the game play looked to be a bit stale.
Those were my thoughts too from playing the demo.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:24 am

LOL, what's this:

[*]Kotaku YES

So that's all they have to say about it. Yes or no and they vote more yes than no, but no real explanation or percentage of "yes"? LOL...gotta love it.

Plenty time games are rated low and I play them and think "what were these guys playing, this game is great". You have to remember they are paid to rate the games not really get in there and truly play for enjoyment. They often miss the real beauty of the gameplay because they are too determined to rush through and get the Mac Book cranking with a quick review. If you think it'll be worth it, I say play it!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Yea I got it lol. I'll put my official review when I get time to actually sit down and play if.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:25 am

Ok so I am just about at the half way mark in ryse and this is my impression so far.
The game is really good looking. The character models and the environments are amazing. The whole time I have been playing this I find myself looking at everything.
The story is epic. It is kind of played out in a pulp fiction kind of way where it goes back and forth from the current time to the past. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't say anything else.
As for the actual gameplay. It is a bit repetitive. You basically have one attack, one block, and one stagger move. So the variety is non existent. You attack until an execution icon appears and then you follow a color patern of blue and yellow attacks. The animations are amazing but there are only about 15 of them.
There are also mini game moments but they are kind of blah.
I would say if it is something that really peaks your interest maybe gamefly it or buy it on sale. It is good not great.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:55 am

I had it #1 on my Gamefly, but I didn't get it. Hopefully I will soon. If it is a rather shor game, maybe everyone will be sending it back within a week, and I'll get to play it before too long.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 am

I'd say it is a solid 7/10.

Best looking game on the XB1.
Great animations and acting.
Interesting storyline so far

Combat is repetitive but still rewarding, especially at higher difficulties.

Considering the limited number of launch titles, this is a definitely a game you should at least be renting.

Ryse looks to be a great new IP and I'm confident that the inevitable Ryse 2 will be a game that pulls 8.5+ reviews.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down