Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So apparently the XB1 will work w/out the Kinect plugged in after all...

+6
S7 Sticky
Atrum
S7 DROOPY
Xpert2010
S7 mrmiller
OneBadHuskerFan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So apparently the XB1 will work w/out the Kinect plugged in after all... - Page 2 Empty Re: So apparently the XB1 will work w/out the Kinect plugged in after all...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Playing digital games faster is always a good thing.  So for you, instead of minutes, you could be playing in seconds.  I also think it is a big step in making full digital a reality.  The easier you make it to DL and play a game, the more likely people are to support it.  This is part of how I think the PS4 is actually supporting full digital better than the XB1.
Wait, are you saying that on the XB1 we won't be able to start playing games right away as they are being downloaded?  That Sony is the only one that has that feature?  Or am I misunderstanding?

Xbox One lets you play during download, Microsoft confirms
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

So apparently the XB1 will work w/out the Kinect plugged in after all... - Page 2 Empty Re: So apparently the XB1 will work w/out the Kinect plugged in after all...

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:47 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Playing digital games faster is always a good thing.  So for you, instead of minutes, you could be playing in seconds.  I also think it is a big step in making full digital a reality.  The easier you make it to DL and play a game, the more likely people are to support it.  This is part of how I think the PS4 is actually supporting full digital better than the XB1.
Wait, are you saying that on the XB1 we won't be able to start playing games right away as they are being downloaded?  That Sony is the only one that has that feature?  Or am I misunderstanding?

Yes, right now as we know it, the XB1 will start playing games while you DL from the disk.  Not from digital games.  Only the PS4 currently announced the ability to play games as you DL them digitally.  So as far as we know now, the XB1 will NOT be able to play games while DL'ing them digitally.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:52 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

Yes, right now as we know it, the XB1 will start playing games while you DL from the disk.  Not from digital games.  Only the PS4 currently announced the ability to play games as you DL them digitally.  So as far as we know now, the XB1 will NOT be able to play games while DL'ing them digitally.
Um, as per the link a month ago, it was confirmed that you will be able to play games as they download on the Xbox One.

Or for more sources just go HERE
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:03 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

Um, as per the link a month ago, it was confirmed that you will be able to play games as they download on the Xbox One.
Ahh, I mis-read that link.  Frankly it's written very poorly and most of the article hints at the fact that it can't play while DL'ing.  M$ need to really clear this up cause it's confusing.  But I am glad they have the ability as well.  As I stated, I think it's an important step in going full digital.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Well if they went full digital then you would probably need  Internet connection and would need to connect to the internet to get and play the game and probably have to connect at least once a day to check for updates and authentication and to be able to use cloud gaming you have to be online .

Now where did I here someone was go n do something like that .... and who was that company... I cant remember. ..

wink wink jk
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Yes, you would need an internet connection to DL a game.  Yes you would need an internet connection to play a cloud based game and yes you need a internet connection to use a great number of other features like Netflix, Twitch, Hulu, Multiplayer portions of games, F2P games and I am sure a whole lot more too.  But here is the big difference, IT IS NOT REQUIRED BY ALL USERS ALL THE TIME.  It is a choice.  Never said I was against the internet, or going full digital (I have always planned to go full digital).  I was against FORCING users to do something they may not want or need.  Big difference.

If you want your customer to go full digital, make it an option that is better or more convenient that going out and buying a physical disk.  People will switch over all by themselves and thank you for the service.  FORCE someone to do it and they are gonna get pissed.  That is what happened here.  I said many times over that M$ policies did NOT affect me at all, but I did have a problem with the policies in general.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Rogan Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 pm

So if cloud Computing is so wanted by the masses (which it seems its not because Microsoft has changed policy not to lose customers and customer are important) and Apparently (a lot of you Microsoft fans boys) want it. why can't Microsoft have an ON/OFF option for people who want that OPTION? It seems to me Cloud computing is already to go so why not add that option? It appeases both sides the "I want the cloud" people and the " I don't want the cloud".

And I'm really not trying to start sh1t like my other posts his forum is very knowledgeable on gaming and like that a lot but still reading this Entire thread I still don't see what the fuss is.

Joe Rogan

GamerTag : raze the living

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Fan boys?  Maybe you should know about the people you are talking about before making ignorant statements like that.  And really? A "cloud on/off switch"?  Sounds like a typical argument just for the sake of arguing.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:50 pm

My point really is if M$ would have kept to t heir original policy, I think full digital and the cloud gaming would be more important, better utilized, and accepted by gamers and game developer's faster. Now its just an option and like interceptor Stated ,AAA developer's will be the ones that actually use these options. Just wish M$ went all in, kinda like the change from standard Def vs HD tv
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Rogan Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:26 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Fan boys?  Maybe you should know about the people you are talking about before making ignorant statements like that.  And really? A "cloud on/off switch"?  Sounds like a typical argument just for the sake of arguing.
Really "ignorant statement"and arguing for arguments sake? what is wrong with you man?what I said was a legit question I had and was looking for an answer.  The fan boy comment was just a (fun) jab at some of the posters in this thread that used it against ps4 fan boys and why do I have to explain this!?!?  I wanted answers to questions I had and offered an option that you didn't like so you bash me that's cool.
 No matter what happens with this cloud thing I'm more than Likey getting an Xbox so I want info form this forum but I get call ignorant. Uninformed yes.

Joe Rogan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Joe Rogan wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Fan boys?  Maybe you should know about the people you are talking about before making ignorant statements like that.  And really? A "cloud on/off switch"?  Sounds like a typical argument just for the sake of arguing.
Really "ignorant statement"and arguing for arguments sake? what is wrong with you man?what I said was a legit question I had and was looking for an answer.  The fan boy comment was just a (fun) jab at some of the posters in this thread that used it against ps4 fan boys and why do I have to explain this!?!?  I wanted answers to questions I had and offered an option that you didn't like so you bash me that's cool.
 No matter what happens with this cloud thing I'm more than Likey getting an Xbox so I want info form this forum but I get call ignorant. Uninformed yes.
We don't talk politics or religion on here because they're so hot button.  Instead we talk Xbone and PS4, which tends to get the same type of heated discussions going so people tend to be a little quick on the trigger when their preferred system takes a shot.  Sometimes jokes, comedic jabs, and even legit questions can draw some ire.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Joe Rogan wrote:
Ignorant = uninformed
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Rogan Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 pm

So I can't ask questions? Sounds like some government cover up
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
Joe Rogan wrote:
Ignorant = uninformed

Joe Rogan

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:02 pm

The ignorant statement was not regarding you asking a question.  I wasn't "bashing" you or anybody.  I respect everybody in this clan.  Just seems to me that your "jokes" are only jokes once you're called out on them.  

Anyways that's enough from me regarding that.  We're all here to game and have fun!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Rogan Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:The ignorant statement was not regarding you asking a question.  I wasn't "bashing" you or anybody.  I respect everybody in this clan.  Just seems to me that your "jokes" are only jokes once you're called out on them.  

Anyways that's enough from me regarding that.  We're all here to game and have fun!

Joe Rogan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:37 pm

A quote with no addition???  That is confusing.

@Interseptor, for the record I will now type P$4 to balance out your M$'s Zac.  Wink

@Raze, no one is trying to "call you out", and just because someone says that you are misinformed (i.e. ignorant, although that is a word loaded with negative connotations) doesn't mean we are trying to cover up the facts.  It is also worth noting that joking and ribbing someone goes over a lot better when you have some history of playing with them.  Jump in a game with us and let us get to know you better, please.

@Puppet, well said.  Some of us are as passionate about this as we are our politics and religion (or atheism).

Everyone, lets take a civil tone in our discussion about this.  Everyone take a step back and reflect on this thread - we don't need to make this personal.  I think that the cloud gaming on both sides is fascinating and worthy of praise and discussion.  Anyone who doesn't, I feel, should research what it actually has to offer, what the possibilities are, and which direction the market is taking us.  Lets stop the personal attacks and try to think twice before we post about what might be viewed as a personal attack.

Remember that unless you invent a sarcasm font or put a laughing face or something on your post people will think you are totally serious.  When they are typed only jokes and sarcasm need a bit of a hint on them so they aren't taken the wrong way.

This guy said it pretty well.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 am

Raze, I already outline some of the benefits of cloud computing. Zak and I are both fairly middle ground on the consoles (me more towards XBO him more toward PS4 with our comments) and we both have acknowledged and even discussed how big it is going to be for games on this next gen.

The always on thing was cut out ages ago. That wasn't for cloud computing, that 'feature' was intended to prevent piracy.

You'll notice massively more detailed multiplayer maps, characters, animations, and environments thanks to cloud computing (that's compared to the BEST the XBO or PS4 could put out).

The first wave of games likely will do some basic things (offloading AI, far draw distances, etc) but I expect some shooter to just blow everyone away after the consoles have been out for a year or so.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2