Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Discussion

+15
jaz2k316
UWinWithWin
S7 OC
S7 Coolhand
Joe Rogan
Animefrk122
S7 mrmiller
DerangeMaverick
S7 Panzer
Shuntentatsu
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
S7 COOP
Xpert2010
Evol Recovery
19 posters

:: General :: Anime

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Anime Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Anime Discussion

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:48 am

Saw the movie last night. Plenty of action and funny moments, so overall I enjoyed the movie. Was not expecting the theater to be packed to the point where groups of two and three couldn't find anywhere to sit together.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:22 am

Started fate/zero and k project. Both a really pretty good!
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:36 pm

I just started "God Eater" on Croll.

Edit:

Basically, it's attack on titan with superhuman powers and giant swords/guns rather than 3D Maneuver Gear. I'd advise checking out the first ep. Probably worth sticking with.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:20 pm

I started watching Toriko. I've enjoyed watching it so far. Not an anime to watch if you're feeling a bit hungry. Bring food. lol
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:03 pm

I was told this weekend by some buddies, i need to watch the Gundam series. I've never been a fan of the Mech Anime genre. What are you guys' thoughts?
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:21 pm

There are a LOT of Gundam series. If you're going to watch one, make it "Mobile Fighter G Gundam"

It's old, but pretty interesting. Based around a fighting tournament where a gundam represents each nation. The plot is interesting and gets better later into the series. And hey, then you can use some awesome quotes and know what they mean!
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power..."
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:30 pm

G Gundam is a must. I'd recommend Gundam Wings, both Gundam Seed and seed destiny, Gundam 00 Gundam unicorn. And not Gundam but Code Geass is a must as well.
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : DerangeMaverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:51 pm

I've always wanted to watch Gundam, but there's like 20 different series so I had no idea where to even start. And I couldn't find a place where I could stream any of the series legally, so I've pretty much given up on that search.

Also, I haven't been watching Dragon Ball Super, but have you seen the recent drama surrounding the animation of one of the most recent episodes? Was a fight between Goku and Beerus. I've only seen screenshots, but the animation for the fight looks pretty bad. Was hopeful for this series, but this is a downer. Kind of reminds me of the Nauro vs Pain fight in Naruto Shippuden. lol. Might just stick with the movies.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:Also, I haven't been watching Dragon Ball Super, but have you seen the recent drama surrounding the animation of one of the most recent episodes?  Was a fight between Goku and Beerus.  I've only seen screenshots, but the animation for the fight looks pretty bad.  Was hopeful for this series, but this is a downer. Kind of reminds me of the Nauro vs Pain fight in Naruto Shippuden. lol.  Might just stick with the movies.

i could not agree anymore on the Naruto fight! Animation was great throughout whole series so far and that fight came up. And it looked like a bad cartoon animation fight. Everything was distorted and just not great at all. I hope its not the case for the DBSUPER episode. I've jumped past Gundam for a later time and started SAOII.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:55 pm

DB Super... Just watch the Battle of the Gods movie instead. If you're bored and really need something to watch DBS is an interesting take on the story. The Battle of the Gods story is told better (imo) via a series. But it's nothing new, so repeat content is disappointing.

Animation for the ep wasn't that bad. People are sniping frames and acting like that's how the whole ep looks. It really wasn't horrific. Not super-mega production value top end, but not as bad as people make it out to be.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Speaking of Gundam, it looks like "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS" is going to be on Crunchyroll starting October 11. I'll probably check it out.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/02/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-mobile-suit-gundam-iron-blooded-orphans-anime-series
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:06 pm

I watched the dbz battle of the gods movie a few weeks ago and as a fan of dbz I really liked it. So last night I watch the resurrection of F. Liked that as well. I have yet to see any of the db super shows yet so that's next on my list. For some reason DBZ is the only anime that I can get into. Even the other db sieres don't do it for me. Seeing as db super follows the events after dbz I'm going to give it a shot.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:02 am

I just started Geass. It was listed on a page about top 10 anime powers, two below super sayain. So it better be a pretty badass power lol

S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:49 am

S7 OC wrote:I watched the dbz battle of the gods movie a few weeks ago and as a fan of dbz I really liked it. So last night I watch the resurrection of F. Liked that as well. I have yet to see any of the db super shows yet so that's next on my list. For some reason DBZ is the only anime that I can get into. Even the other db sieres don't do it for me. Seeing as db super follows the events after dbz I'm going to give it a shot.

DB Super is basically an expanded version of Battle of the Gods movie (same plot).
Resurrection of F was AWESOME! I enjoyed that the dubbed version used Maximum the Hormone 'F' for Frieza's revivial.

I get where you're coming from with DBZ. It's one of the few anime that is noticeably better dubbed than subbed.
The action and characters are also pretty endearing. I could recommend a few that might be similar if you're ever interested.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:08 am

AtrumX wrote:
S7 OC wrote:I watched the dbz battle of the gods movie a few weeks ago and as a fan of dbz I really liked it. So last night I watch the resurrection of F. Liked that as well. I have yet to see any of the db super shows yet so that's next on my list. For some reason DBZ is the only anime that I can get into. Even the other db sieres don't do it for me. Seeing as db super follows the events after dbz I'm going to give it a shot.

DB Super is basically an expanded version of Battle of the Gods movie (same plot).
Resurrection of F was AWESOME! I enjoyed that the dubbed version used Maximum the Hormone 'F' for Frieza's revivial.

I get where you're coming from with DBZ. It's one of the few anime that is noticeably better dubbed than subbed.
The action and characters are also pretty endearing. I could recommend a few that might be similar if you're ever interested.

When i started watching anime outside of DBZ, that's how i'd look for ones to watch "i would google which other animes are similar to DBZ" then go from there lol
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:18 pm

I was hearing a lot about it, so I decided to start watching One Punch Man. Looks like it's only on Hulu. Only seen the first two episodes so far, so I don't really know what direction it plans on going plot-wise, but it's violent and has humor as the protagonist is some dumb looking dude who is able to defeat his enemies in one punch.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:I was hearing a lot about it, so I decided to start watching One Punch Man.  Looks like it's only on Hulu.  Only seen the first two episodes so far, so I don't really know what direction it plans on going plot-wise, but it's violent and has humor as the protagonist is some dumb looking dude who is able to defeat his enemies in one punch.

I don't think there's much more direction than that. The next episodes are similar, and hilarious.

For anyone not watching it now, here's my summary:

One-Punch Man: Action, comedy. Regular guy turned super-hero from, apparently, three years of training.
He's goofy, and from what we've seen on an entire other level from 100% of people in the series. To the point that he's bored with life because he's never challenged at all and wins in 1 punch against anyone.
It's over the top, ridiculous, and a nice change from most anime
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by CALi3PRiM3 Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Anyone watch Vampire knight
CALi3PRiM3
CALi3PRiM3
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : CALi3PRiM3

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:17 pm

I saw a couple episodes. It was pretty good. But this was years ago. I've thought about getting back in to it.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Started Kuroko's Basketball. For some reason I never watched anime series that didn't have some heavy action so I thought I would kind of force myself into watching it.

EDIT: f#ck I just watched 5 episodes. Make it stop.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:56 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:Started Kuroko's Basketball. For some reason I never watched anime series that didn't have some heavy action so I thought I would kind of force myself into watching it.

Lol! Welcome to the world of sports anime. Kurokos is amazing. Bit of a lull towards the middle, super epic ending.
Yowapeda is a cool cycling anime
Haikyu!! is a sweet tennis anime

There are more... Very Happy
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Panzer wrote:Started Kuroko's Basketball. For some reason I never watched anime series that didn't have some heavy action so I thought I would kind of force myself into watching it.

Lol! Welcome to the world of sports anime. Kurokos is amazing. Bit of a lull towards the middle, super epic ending.
Yowapeda is a cool cycling anime
Haikyu!! is a sweet tennis anime

There are more... Very Happy

Already started season 2. All have I have to say is, REBOUND!
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:32 am

One-Punch Man appears to be developing a story with the most recent episode.

Or... more likely - we'll just see Saitama destroy everything and get no credit in the next few episodes.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:38 am

I watched a few clips onine and it looks pretty cool! However it seems like he's not going to see a challenge anytime soon, he's 9,000 x's stronger than anyone else i've seen running around.

As a disclaimer i've not seen a full episode to give a complete or accurate summary
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:06 am

That's pretty accurate Coop. Basically if you take the strongest person from any other anime series and put him into that series, he would just kill them in 1 hit.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next