Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Discussion

+15
jaz2k316
UWinWithWin
S7 OC
S7 Coolhand
Joe Rogan
Animefrk122
S7 mrmiller
DerangeMaverick
S7 Panzer
Shuntentatsu
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
S7 COOP
Xpert2010
Evol Recovery
19 posters

:: General :: Anime

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Anime Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Anime Discussion

Post by Atrum Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:Finished watching episode 135 of Hunter x Hunter yesterday.  Amazing, and it looks like the anime will go on into the next arc.  I'm not as concerned as I was before about going into the next arc.  I'm excited now.

I feel about the same. Still traumatized from the last few episodes, but looking forward to more.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:50 am

I just beat persona 4 golden on the vita. I was looking through ign recently and found that the writing team behind fairy tail and sword art online is now working on a persona 4 golden anime. I am pretty excited to see how it goes. The story in the game is amazing and hopefully it translates well into an anime. I believe it will air this summer on crunchy roll and hulu so keep an eye out for it.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:01 am

Current Anime Update: 

Finished - Black Bullet.  Mildly recommend.  Cool animation but the story just progresses too fast.  This could have been so much better if it gave the characters and story time to develop.  Likable character and enjoyable anime but I have a hard time fully recommending it.  It's just a little short of being good IMO.  6/10

Started - The Coffin Princess - Really quite good so far (thru ep 8 ).  Good characters, interesting story, good animation and good pacing.  I am really pouring through the episodes and will finish this one quickly.  Really enjoying this one and a 2nd season is coming up this Winter.  Check this one out.

Stalled - MEKAKUCITY ACTORS - Still on ep 8.  Got distracted by other anime.  Will finish soon.

Added to Q - Blade and Soul

Added to Q - SAO 2nd Season

Added to Q - Akame ga Kill

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:17 am

Yep started watching season 2 of SAO. So far it is very slow but its all story setup for the first 2 episodes. I am interested to see how Kirito will start in GGO with his previous stats from previous worlds or as a fresh start.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:41 pm

Yeah, definitely looking forward to ep 3 for SAO

Hunter X Hunter is interesting, inbetween super-action though
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Just found and added the "Netflix Original" series Knights of Sedonia.  I used quotes because they didn't actually produce it from what I can tell but they do have the distribution rights.  Anyway, I watched the first 3 eps and liked what I saw.  Very cool animation and art direction.  It's a sci-fi mech series and the animation style reminds me of Time of Eve.  Check it out if you get a chance.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm in a month long boot camp for my new job out of town, so looks like I'll check that one out!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Small Update:

Finished - Knights of Sidonia.  Good series.  Not great but I really enjoyed it start to finish.  It was a little rushed here and there but overall had a good pace and interesting story with a few twists.  Definitely recommend checking it out.

Started - Blade and Soul.  Good action series so far.  Interesting and cool characters with some good fight scenes.  Good stuff.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Sword Art Online II is shaping up to be pretty great. It's basically been setup for the first 3 episodes.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:28 pm

I watched through the entire first season in 3 days, again... I do hope to see some action this next episode I wont quit watching but d@mn they have put almost 70 minutes into setup, must have ACTION!!!
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 pm

I am stacking up episode as I normally do.  Probably wait till ep 6 airs before watching.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:58 am

Anime Update:

Finished - Blade and Soul.  Good action series with some good character development too.  It gets a little lost about 3/4 through but I never got bored and it finished well enough at ep12.  Ep13 is a bonus episode and a little weird frankly.  Overall, I really liked it.  8/10

Started - The Irregular at High School - Very good so far.  Bit of High School mixed with magic powers and a mysterious main character.  A little bit of creepy brother/sister action going on so far but I think there is more to the story that has yet to be revealed.  looking forward to more of this one.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:24 pm

I've started watching the original Full Metal Alchemist on Netflix.  Pretty good so far.  I noticed some differences between the original and Brotherhood, and I think I'm just about at the point where the story will split.  Having a hard time remembering the order of events in Brotherhood, so I can't say I'm certain of that.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:22 am

Anime Update:

Started/Finished - Riddle Story of Devil.  Pretty solid series.  Basic set-up is 12 assassins get put together in a class with 1 target.  The first to assassinate the target wins but one of the assassins decided to protect the target instead.  So really the show is all about her protecting the target week after week as the others try to kill them.  Overall it was quite good but I found the ending a little lame (which happens in anime as you guys know).  But solid right up to the 11th episode.  Also of note, as each character is generally featured in 1 episode.  At the end of that episode, the closing theme is dedicated to that character and sung by that voice actor.  I found myself liking the outro as much as anying in the series.  I actually looked forward to see the end of each episode 

Overall - 8/10

Continued - The Irregular at High School - Still really good and seems to get better with each episode.  Main character is OP and I love seeing more of the mystery around him revealed.  Still a little creepy with the brother/sister love tension.  But really liking this one all the same. Very cool and I look forward to more.

Started - Tokyo Ghoul.  Dark, bloody and violent.  Interesting story of a kid who gets turned into a Ghoul and how he deals with that transition.  3 eps in and will continue to see how it progresses.  Good so far.

Started - Tokyo ESP.  My favorite so far from the current season (along with Irregular).  Espers fighting espers.  Cool animation, cool characters and a good vibe so far.  Also 3 eps in.  Good so far.

Started - Terror Resonance.  More of a serious anime here.  A little dark and depressing to start with a heavier feel to it IMO.  I like it and will continue to watch with interest as it develops.  One of the best animated this season.  Interesting so far.

On deck - SAO2 and Akame ga Kill!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:50 am

I finished the original Full Metal Alchemist over the weekend.  Was interesting to see the direction that they took.  I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to figure out where the story would take a different turn from Brotherhood at first, but once it got to it, I knew right way.  I liked the story, but I like FMA Brotherhood more. 

Taking a small break from starting up any more anime.  I still have No Game No Life and the new season of Sword Art Online on my list. 

Still keeping up with Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, and Fairy Tail.  Falling a bit behind on One Piece as I'm just not finding it that interesting right now.  Everything after the Whitebeard arc so far has been a bit "eh" imo.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:20 pm

One Piece has been pretty interesting for the past several episodes. Good action anyway
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:11 am

Started to catch up on One Piece again.  Also looks like Hunter X Hunter will be ending in about 6 episodes with the final episode being 148 I believe.  My Tuesdays will feel so empty!
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:50 am

Mini update:  Continuing all above series but I also started Aldnoah Zero.  Good so far.  Lots o' anime continues!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:07 am

Xpert2010 wrote:Started to catch up on One Piece again.  Also looks like Hunter X Hunter will be ending in about 6 episodes with the final episode being 148 I believe.  My Tuesdays will feel so empty!

I've heard that, but haven't seen an official source on HxH ending. Link?

The next arc was going to be epic, but I suppose they'll hit that one in "HxH 2020" when they remake it again. lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:24 pm

AtrumX wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:Started to catch up on One Piece again.  Also looks like Hunter X Hunter will be ending in about 6 episodes with the final episode being 148 I believe.  My Tuesdays will feel so empty!

I've heard that, but haven't seen an official source on HxH ending. Link?

The next arc was going to be epic, but I suppose they'll hit that one in "HxH 2020" when they remake it again. lol

I just read it from Crunchyroll this morning: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/08/16/hunter-x-hunter-anime-production-wraps-up

I really hope they don't go remaking the whole series again once more arcs are finished in the manga.  That would be overkill. lol
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm glad there wasn't tons of pointless filler. I imagine they won't reboot AGAIN, but will make either a short OVA series or a Movie for the next Arc. Which is fine with me.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by UWinWithWin Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Has anyone ever watched blue gender? I liked it because it was like two anime in one. But the end got a little bit strange. What would you guys say are the top 3 anime series to watch?
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:40 am

UWinWithWin wrote:Has anyone ever watched blue gender? I liked it because it was like two anime in one. But the end got a little bit strange. What would you guys say are the top 3 anime series to watch?
I watched it, definitely not a landmark for great anime lol.

Totally depends on your tastes, here are a few:

Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Good fun, fighting anime. Great art, good acting, fun story.
Death Note - Intriguing/unique anime. A mental battle between two super genius. One of which can kill at will by writing a name in a book.
Attack on Titan - This one is new and intense. Not finished yet, so might not be a great starting point - but most people enjoy it
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Story of two brothers in a world where alchemy is real. Great story, a little slow in the middle. Amazing ending.

I could go on for a while, but any of those would serve you well. That or some generic 'forever' series like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. They've gone on for hundreds of episodes for a reason.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:24 am

I know what my top two are.  Having trouble thinking of what my third favorite is, so I'll need to settle with something.
My top three are:

Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Bleach
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:12 am

Top three?  Not even sure I could do that but here are some solid classic series:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell (TV Series)
Samurai Champloo

All the above are available in English dub too.  Do you like English dub? or the original Japanese with subtitles?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next