Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3

+8
Xpert2010
S7 OC
S7 Coolhand
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Wiggles1778
DeadSockPuppet
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:28 pm

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3

START YOUR ENGINES!!!  

I am very pleased to announce the official start to Season 3.  It's a brand new season and the slate has been wiped clean.  Everyone starts off in the same place and the race for Season 3 Champion begins.  Do you have what it takes to win it all?  We are going to start off easy enough with the F-Class but don't let that fool you.  Sure the cars are pretty slow on average but that just means that little mistakes can cost you big.  There are no car restrictions aside from the fact that they must be F-Class.  Powertrain, upgrades, paint?  It's all up to you!  Drivers will meet up tonight for the start of the season, at which point we will see who has what it takes to win.  This is gonna be one hell of a season so strap in and hang on.  It's time to race...

The rules are pretty simple and as follows:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Thursday, June 6 2013
Time: EVENT starts at 9:30pm sharp Eastern Time
Car Class: F-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: TBA
# of Races: 7
# of Laps:  TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track.  The person with the most points will be the F4 F-Class Champion for Season 2.  

*You will also earn points towards our Overall Season Standing.

PRIZES:
Official Trophy
All participants will once again earn 1 entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing at the end of the season.
(the more events you make it to the more entries you get)

*We are also doing some team racing in parallel to the regular season.  Be sure to show up tonight to get assigned to one of the teams.  This is just for fun and bragging rights over the other team.  It does not effect your season standings.

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:29 pm

It's officially race night BITCHES! Season 3 starts tonight!!!

I know this post is a little late but we have known about it for a while now. Be there! It's gonna be a blast.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 pm

See you all there!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Kiddo is cutting her first tooth and we're hoping she'll go to sleep soon so I can race but we'll see.

photo image_zps9d7feb65.jpg
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:42 pm

F Class Results
80 - Husker (1 Win, 6 Podiums)
78 - Interseptor (3 Wins, 5 Podiums)
74 - Apex (1 Win, 4 Podiums)
71 - Atrum (1 Win, 3 Podiums)
65 - Wiggles (1 Win, 1 Podium)
44 - Xpert (1 Podium)
35 - Kenny
33 - TiptonGang (1 Podium)
33 - KnightOwl
29 - OC
28 - Puppet
18 - Coolhand

Season Standings
15 - Husker
13 - Interseptor
11 - Apex
9 - Atrum
8 - Wiggles
7 - Xpert
6 - Kenny
5 - TiptonGang
5 - KnightOwl
3 - OC
2 - Puppet
1 - Coolhand
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Not sure if I'm going to continue this season. I had a couple solid races and but getting smoked multiple times by Tipton's hopping car ruined a couple races and Apex putting me into the wall on the first lap of the last race was kinda the final straw.

I know I'm not a top tier racer but it's a waste for me to use the small amount of time I get on a tuning cars and practicing with them only to have races ruined by lagging cars or people putting me into the wall for no reason. Even with the couple races that I got beat up early on I was able to claw my way back up the standings with my 5th place in Catalunya, only to get planted in the wall on Ladera and pretty much end up last.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 am

What ultimately REALLY helped me out and allowed me to gain some confidence was those first 4 races that I was lucky enough to start close to the front on tracks that I knew well. I was happy with the racing save a couple of incidents, but that will happen. I just wish they didn't both happen on straights.

Was a blast and can't wait until next time. I sure as hell didn't expect a first place finish!!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:18 am

Grats Husker!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:26 am

Husker what place you in "first place baby yeah". Congrats bro

I had a good time last night. Puppet don't give up bro I need some one to trade paint with. Plus you were racing really good last night and a few accidents messed it up for you.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:07 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Not sure if I'm going to continue this season. I had a couple solid races and but getting smoked multiple times by Tipton's hopping car ruined a couple races and Apex putting me into the wall on the first lap of the last race was kinda the final straw.

I know I'm not a top tier racer but it's a waste for me to use the small amount of time I get on a tuning cars and practicing with them only to have races ruined by lagging cars or people putting me into the wall for no reason. Even with the couple races that I got beat up early on I was able to claw my way back up the standings with my 5th place in Catalunya, only to get planted in the wall on Ladera and pretty much end up last.

Yeah, I was kinda sour after the tournament ended. Second to last race had Atrums car lag into mine and I insta-died after the first turn of the race. And the last race I let Atrum pass me on a straight since I didn't want it to happen again and then Kenny hit my car from behind causing me to spin out, which after watching the replay, I find very hard to believe that it was unintentional. If I gave Atrum plenty of room to pass me then there was plenty of room for Kenny to pass me too. Then later that race as I was trying to pass him on the last lap, he decided to intentionally pit my car sending me off the track again because "it wouldn't affect my tournament standings anyway". I did have fun on races 1, 4 and 5 since my car never got spun around by someone.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:22 am

I had a great time. sh1t happens. Most of the time it is unintentional but it still sucks. I had 1st place taken from me for the overall Tourney so don't think it's just you guys. If not for crazy sh1t happening right in front of me that I could not control, I could have won the whole thing. I was wee in 1st going into the final two races. Three times I got completely wrecked out and was lucky to make it back to the pit. Even after, I was still able to claw my way back from last to 7th or 8th. But that is just what happens when 12 guys get together on a racetrack. Especially the more narrow tracks. At the end of the day, I still had a great time.

Remember the season is long and your average finish will prevail in the long run. Plus it wouldn't be much fun if you knew where you were going to finish each race. It's the element of the unknown that makes it exciting.

Group photo incoming...
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 am

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3 S3FC_zpsc58ccc67

Congratz Husker! "1st place baby, yeah!"

Thanks to everyone that showed up. It was a blast! I can't wait to get in some more track time with you guys. Having 12 guys racing at the same time was amazingly fun. Husker did a fantastic job with consistent podium finishes and managed to stay clean for most of the races. Great job.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 am

True, but I'd rather have intentional dirty racing to not be one of those unknowns. I'm alright with lagging cars destroying me, I'm alright with something going wrong on the first turn since there's 12 cars trying to take the turn at once. Basically I'm alright with things that everyone simply cannot control. If I were to tell Kenny: "Yeah, it doesn't matter. Let's just have fun crashing into each other" and we both agree, then I have no problems with it. Interceptor beat me on that last track because of Kenny's final sending me off the track. le sad face.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:39 am

I'm going to go shopping for an E class car today I hope I have some luck with making a good car. Also are we still going to do the team thing?

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 am

Xpert2010 wrote:True, but I'd rather have intentional dirty racing to not be one of those unknowns. I'm alright with lagging cars destroying me, I'm alright with something going wrong on the first turn since there's 12 cars trying to take the turn at once. Basically I'm alright with things that everyone simply cannot control. If I were to tell Kenny: "Yeah, it doesn't matter. Let's just have fun crashing into each other" and we both agree, then I have no problems with it. Interceptor beat me on that last track because of Kenny's final sending me off the track. le sad face.

I hear ya. It happens rarely but it does happen. Just ask Wiggles about the race on "the Ring" last season. People get pretty tense racing in these things and occasionally it get's out of control. Little feuds can start and sh1t like this can happen. Fortunately, it did not effect either of our final standings either way. Still I am sorry it happened. Don't let these things rage though.

And I know you want to beat me in a race, but I figured you wanted to beat me fair and square, not because I got taken out early on and had to pit. Razz

@ Everyone - Remember, it's a game AND a competitive season. Tempers will run high and some nights your whole standing will be completely wrecked. It's gonna suck. But try to have fun with it. That is why we are all here after all.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3 S3FC_zpsc58ccc67

Congratz Husker! "1st place baby, yeah!"

Thanks to everyone that showed up. It was a blast! I can't wait to get in some more track time with you guys. Having 12 guys racing at the same time was amazingly fun. Husker did a fantastic job with consistent podium finishes and managed to stay clean for most of the races. Great job.

Oooh, nice to see all those colors on the cars for once instead of just seeing mostly all black cars on the track, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:44 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:

And I know you want to beat me in a race, but I figured you wanted to beat me fair and square, not because I got taken out early on and had to pit. Razz

I don't know about him, but I'm fine with beating you because you got taken out! Very Happy

Last edited by OneBadHuskerFan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:44 am

I guess I could "accidently" bump into Interceptor which may or may not ruin his standings. Twisted Evil
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:46 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Oooh, nice to see all those colors on the cars for once instead of just seeing mostly all black cars on the track, lol.

Hey Husker, it will take some time but you can DL the FREE car from every pack and then you will see everyone without having to buy every single pack. The downside is it will take some time. When you DL the FREE car, you actually DL the whole pack so the DL times are a little long for "one" car. This is what I did. I only own like 2 packs but I always DL the FREE car so I can see everyone.

* not true with Porsche. No FREE cars in that pack.

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:47 am

Xpert2010 wrote:I guess I could "accidently" bump into Interceptor which may or may not ruin his standings. Twisted Evil

Come at me bro!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:50 am

Puppet I do apologize. But I don't remember putting you in a wall and driving away. That's not my style in the slightest. I know I straigt up jacked Atrum at the Nurburgring. But I made sure he was pointing the right direction and moving before I looked for a track re-entry. Someone else I fubarred (it was bad) early in one race I parked and waited for them to get going again before driving off. So if I was the one that did it, I didn't even know it. I would never do it purposefully in a Season event.

Kinny on the other hand can suck it. Wink Try to push me off track in a straight when I CLEARLY have more speed.. you gonna get the pit maneuver son!. Twisted Evil

All in all, pack racing is hard as hell when we've got cars that are pretty much the same speed. Its worse when excitement and tension make us go 4 or 5 wide through a turn. You've got to be crazy to think somebody's not gonna see the outfield. Get greedy for the corner and there's going to be contact in most cases.

F Class races were awesome. Husker coming out of retirement to take a win was NOT what I expected. And to see the point standings sooo close throughout a tournament is a testament to our skills.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 am

I feel your pain on the lag Xpert. Wrecks happen. I was taken out in the first corner on Nurburgring and raced the ENTIRE track with only 1 little mistake to claw my way from last to 8th because of how slow my car was. Even then me and puppet had an amazing race going on at the end.

Overall it was awesome racing. One thing a lot of people need to think about (myself included at times) is "What am I doing when I make my attack on this person?"

I think I'll do a big post on this later but here are some basics:

Edit: I'm just making a post on this. Please read it.
--will edit link here--
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 pm

OK Teams...

I worked with OC to come up with the fairest teams we could make based off of last nights standings and overall performance over the years. Here is what we came up with:

Red Team:
Interseptor
Atrum
Xpert
Kenny
Knightowl
OC

Blue Team:
Apex
Husker
Wiggles
Tipton
Puppet
Coolhand

The breakdown for last nights Tourney is this:

Read Team = 43

Blue Team = 42

This is based off of the overall final standings of the night. 1st - 15pts, 2nd - 13pts etc... Using the same scale we applied for the season. Everyone cool with this?

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Looks good to me!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Ok with me. Now Interceptor doesn't have to worry about me "accidently" bumping into him. Also Kenny shouldn't be running me off the road if I'm on his team. Atrum, don't glitch into me anymore!
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next