Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No need to prestige anymore and bacon wrapped guns!

+8
S7 mrmiller
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Magus
S7 Coolhand
S7 Sticky
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
S7 DROOPY
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No need to prestige anymore and bacon wrapped guns! Empty No need to prestige anymore and bacon wrapped guns!

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 pm

So you've bought Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for $60 and paid $50 for the map packs for but you still want to spend more money on it, what do you do? This being the Internet, you pay $2 to wrap guns in bacon. From today, Activision is rolling out microtransactions for little bits and pieces in Cod Blops 2, including extra slots and storage space and cosmetic items like extra Calling Cards and, yes, bacon skins for weapons.

Microtransactions will hit the Xbox 360 edition today then come to other platforms later, Activision's official blogger Dan Amrich explained.

$2 (160 Microsoft Points) will get you a Personalization Pack, which includes a new weapon camo, three reticles, and a Calling Card (backgrounds for playercards). This is where the bacon comes in. For $1, you can buy a pack of national flag Calling Cards.

One microtransaction with an actual practical use is the $2 Extra Slots Pack, which gives your account another ten Create-a-Class slots and space for another 20 emblems, 32 more films, and 40 more screenshots.

It's not all pay pay pay, mind. Treyarch is opening up Nuketown 2025 for everyone, after yonks as a bonus for pre-ordering or buying a fancy edition of Cod Blops 2. Though you can now pay $5 for access to its undead incarnation as Nuketown Zombies.

As microtransactions go, it all seems quite fair and reasonable. If you want these perks, pay for them. If you don't, hey, don't pay. They convey no in-game advantage but offer some handy account features, so it's all good and well and there's no need for anyone to get upset.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

No need to prestige anymore and bacon wrapped guns! Empty Re: No need to prestige anymore and bacon wrapped guns!

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Who doesn't love bacon? Communists that's who! Merica!!!! f#ck yeah!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

No need to prestige anymore and bacon wrapped guns! Empty Re: No need to prestige anymore and bacon wrapped guns!

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:57 pm

I like it. Bacon wrapped semtex to the face would be awesome.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:03 pm

i love bacon but f#ck me side ways any more money
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:41 pm

No, thanks.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Magus Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Who needs all that crap? Besides the bacon. Bacon rules
S7 Magus
S7 Magus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Hmmm, bacon.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm

I want to see what all of it is. Sad thing is, I could use 10 more create-a-class spots Shocked

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:44 pm

....I'm a vegetarian Rolling Eyes .
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:57 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:....I'm a vegetarian Rolling Eyes .

We all make mistakes klown, it's ok. Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I want to see what all of it is. Sad thing is, I could use 10 more create-a-class spots Shocked

~mrmiller

I completed my first prestige during the first dbl xp weekend and only like last night did I use my token to unlock the 6th create-a-class slot. I pretty much only use the Peacemaker and the FAL now so I really only use like 4-5 slots: FAL long range, FAL cqb, Peacemaker cqb, Peacemaker silent, and maybe some other Peacemaker slot with alternate secondary weap/equipment/perks. I pretty much just use the 6th slot for playing around with all the other weapons to see if there's something I like without having to get rid of one of my fallback/standard sets above.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:37 pm

They do have a zomibe skin magus and and day of the dead skin
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:They do have a zomibe skin magus and and day of the dead skin

Those are probably worth it, but I'll wait and see what they actually look like once people start buying them or pics are released of the DLC.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:43 am

If you go to the shop it shows you an image on one of the weapons.

I have a create-a-class for every game mode, then some twice (Search attack, search defend) and would like some with different weapons depending on the maps. It looks like it only expands to the 10 slots, and is not really 10 more for 20 total slots Sad

~mrmiller

S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:41 am

AtrumX wrote:

We all make mistakes klown

You're more correct than you know...

Meat-eaters have a right to know what the cows, pigs, lambs, hens and turkeys they consume are fed on. Among other ingredients those animals are given reject meat mixed with fecal matter (pooh) to eat which comes from "rendering plants", because it's cheaper than feeding them wholesome food.

When an animal is killed for food, about half of its weight is not sold to the human food industry. The intestines (and their contents!), the head, hooves, and horns, the bones and blood are deposited into huge grinders at “rendering” plants. Also entire carcasses that are diseased are added to the rendering mix. Rendering is a multi billion-a-year industry, dealing with fifty billion pounds of animal parts and sick animals a year. No animal is too ill, too cancerous, or too decomposed to be included in the raw product at a "rendering plant".

Six or seven million house pets that are euthanized in animal shelters every year also end up at the rendering plant to be churned into food. A large city like Los Angeles sends about three hundred tons of euthanized dogs and cats to the rendering plant on a monthly basis. Animals caught and killed by control agencies, and road kill, are also taken to the rendering plants.

--Vegans/Vegatarians with cancer and other deadly diseases (nearly 0%) --not counting those with other habits like smoking.
--Meat eaters with cancer, high blood, obesity, heart disease and other deadly problems (in the millions Embarassed ).

But, like GI Joe said "knowing is half the battle." so maybe the next time you stuff the steak in you mouth you'll realize what he ate before he got to your plate also affects you.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:If you go to the shop it shows you an image on one of the weapons.

I have a create-a-class for every game mode, then some twice (Search attack, search defend) and would like some with different weapons depending on the maps. It looks like it only expands to the 10 slots, and is not really 10 more for 20 total slots Sad

~mrmiller

So, basically rather than putting in the work and unlocking the create-a-class slots by prestiging you can pay a couple bucks for them. Meh.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 mrmiller wrote:If you go to the shop it shows you an image on one of the weapons.

~mrmiller

So, basically rather than putting in the work and unlocking the create-a-class slots by prestiging you can pay a couple bucks for them. Meh.

Yep. Kind of lame. You do get more video and youtube space plus some other stuff.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm

I guess I was wrong- you do get 10 additional classes (hit RB at the create-a-class screen). When you go to purchase the pack it says something that sounds more like you only unlock a total of 10 slots, more like the 10 you get with the prestige tokens.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 pm

I still think 20 slots is a little excessive. You could have like 2 classes for every game type. Although I guess you would then be able to really fine-tune your classes for like large/open or small/CQB maps for each game type.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:22 am

Yep, 20 slots total. Most I've ever used was nine last prestige. Not much to do with the 10th.
I saw the Bacon and other skins yesterday. They look incredibly dumb. Even if I had more money than I could ever use I still wouldn't buy these out of principle.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

I could always use more slots and may even buy them. I like one class per game type, but also like different weapons depending on the maps. Some classes I rarely use, but I still like having them when playing moshpit and headquarters shows up.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
AtrumX wrote:

We all make mistakes klown

You're more correct than you know...

But, like GI Joe said "knowing is half the battle." so maybe the next time you stuff the steak in you mouth you'll realize what he ate before he got to your plate also affects you.

I just so happen to be extremely well read on the subject. You sir, have forgotten where I reside. In Montana we don't have to worry about where our food comes from, since we grow/raise it all here. And no, it's not in a giant factory. Just fields, lots of fields. The only thing that makes people eat vegetarian here is not wanting to hurt the poor animals :'(
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:56 pm

I love the saying "If God had not wanted us to eat animals he would not have made them so tasty!"
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:35 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I could always use more slots and may even buy them. I like one class per game type, but also like different weapons depending on the maps. Some classes I rarely use, but I still like having them when playing moshpit and headquarters shows up.

~mrmiller

I could see where 20 classes would come in handy when playing mosh pit or lag war. I generally only play a couple game types so my classes aren't super specialized and thus I don't need so many classes.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Skandelous Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 am

i wont lie, i purchased the bacon and benjamin skin packs XD
S7 Skandelous
S7 Skandelous
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Skandelous1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next