Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big change...unlimited respecs coming.

5 posters

Go down

Big change...unlimited respecs coming. Empty Big change...unlimited respecs coming.

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

From the GR forums...

Hey Ghosts,

I wanted to take a moment to update you on a couple of things you'll see happening soon. These are a few of the changes the team has been working on since the previous Title Update went live and I'm happy to announce that most of what I'm writing about will go live prior to the next TU.

First, lets talk about what you'll see before the next update:

We're distributing 3 Respec Tokens to everyone with an active profile in GRFS adversarial multiplayer. These tokens are per account, can be used on any of your characters, and will allow you to re-select decision points, etc. Just to be absolutely clear, they will not reset your character's level.

Challenge statistics are being reset. This means that Challenges will revert to their starting values and should not be excessively difficult to complete. Challenges will still escalate normally as players complete them. This will not affect your personal statistics.

In the future...

...Respec Tokens will be a thing of the past. That's right, with the next Title Update you will no longer need a Respec Token to reset your character. The method of performing a Respec will remain identical, however the game will no longer check for or consume a token. Players will not be able to Respec during a match: we feel it is important that a player's decision points still hold some weight. Players are able to Respec at any time they could otherwise access Gunsmith.

...Challenges will be reset periodically. We are going to monitor the pace at which players complete and escalate challenges before determining the exact frequency of the reset, but we expect it will occur regularly.

So when will all this occur already?!?!

Respec Tokens and the initial Challenge Reset will occur Tuesday morning, August 7th, during regular maintenance. Respec Tokens will become obsolete with the next Title Update. Periodic Challenge Resets frequency is undetermined at this time, but likely every month or two from now on.

So there you have it! We're super excited for these changes to go live shortly and we're looking forward to posting more details about upcoming changes included in the next Title Update soon!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Big change...unlimited respecs coming. Empty Re: Big change...unlimited respecs coming.

Post by PhoenixAsh12 Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:26 pm

That sounds all good to me...now I'll be able to pick some weapons or equipment that I wanted to
PhoenixAsh12
PhoenixAsh12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : PSN & XBOX ONE:PhoenixAsh12

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Big change...unlimited respecs coming. Empty Re: Big change...unlimited respecs coming.

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:33 pm

S7 DarkAgent12 wrote:That sounds all good to me...now I'll be able to pick some weapons or equipment that I wanted to

Yeah, will make it interesting...if I can get back to playing some more after the Olympics are over. Unfortunately I'll most likely be playing Borderlands 1 up until BL2 comes out at that point. BL2 has really peaked my interest in replaying BL1 and from what I've seen not many of us are playing GR at this point anyways, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixAsh12 Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Yeah I hop on it every now and then but it's been hard with the baby an all. I too will be replaying BL1
PhoenixAsh12
PhoenixAsh12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : PSN & XBOX ONE:PhoenixAsh12

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:57 pm

I am on vaca now but when I was home I got on no one was on ghost recon. I want to get back to it when I get home. Olympics were taking up my attention though.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:16 pm

S7 OC wrote:Olympics were taking up my attention though.

That's me when the Olympics rolls around. I am an Olympics junkie, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Same here I love watching Olympics . Sports I won't never watch but I watch all of the Olympics sports.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:23 pm

The respec thing will be nice once they unlock it so you can change them whenever you're in the gunsmith. That will just be another leg up on COD games that GR has.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Good changes - the respec tokens were dumb, even though I still have a couple unused I really hate the finality of decisions like that. Sucks to mess-up and feel like you blew it. Asheron's Call 2 was like that after they gave another respec I changed from my badass spec to a weak one and they never issued another while I played so I quit because of it. It will be nice not to always get some ludicrous challenge too, like kill 50 some odd enemies in one match (thanks Sticky!).
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down